Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, Feb 2019

I don't know...you mean posting or just lurking? Posting probably when I was in a big slump for a couple months...lurking? Uh...what's the longest the forums' been down?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Feb 19: What's the longest break you've taken from the forum? (Crowley)

What? I didn't do it. It was @buglips*the*goblin. And if it was me, it was Buglips' fault. If it wasn't his fault he's still to blame. 

:unsure:

I really can't help but read this question format like the quisitor is asking the question, then really leaning into that one person, not assigning blame for where the question came from.

Ooh, and a couple weeks while I was on vacation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I think I joined the forum in September but I dont think I actually started using the forum reading regularly / posting until December. Since then I dont think I've really taken a break as such- I skim through threads on my phone when I have nothing better to do so I'm probably online a bunch of times each day, but I dont always post every day- but I'm here... watching :ph34r:

• Like 6

I go in spurts.  I think there was a period of a year or so where I wasn't around much. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I joined here 6 years ago and for a long time it wasn't my main forum that I read. So really can't say about breaks then. Could've been months between visits. In the last couple of years since I've become addicted to you all maybe a week. When we're travelling I don't get on the internet much and we sometimes get away for a week. Somewhere along the line this form became on of my major forms of entertainment so I read it way more than I should.

• Like 5

Longest Break:

Probably the month I took off due to I didn't feel like using the auto-retrieve feature for lost passwords.........:blink:

It was the month of the 1st ReaperCon, back in 2004. After hearing about Reaper having it's own Con, I knew I had to go. 2005 to 2018, a very, long streak for me! Hopefully, I'll restart it again in 2020.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

About a month when I needed to go someplace for the Air Force where I can't browse the Forum.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

Hmmm, not really sure.  A couple of months, maybe?  Once I mostly just lurked because life was awful, once I just needed to get away and focus on getting my stuff in order a bit.  

• Like 4

About 3 years and some change. I joined in 2012, restarted posting again this year, and my last post before that was in 2015 I think. A lot of Life happened during those years.

• Like 5

Hmm. I joined July 2015 during the Bones 3 Kickstarter. I don't think I actually painted anything for almost a year. I was just excited to find art friends and I lived in the Randomnness thread for a couple years!

I stopped working in IT mid 2017, so I wasn't on the computer nearly so much, though I tried hard to visit every couple months. 

2018 was a really dumb year and I wasn't here for most of it, so that would be my longest time away.

I've been here for most of 2019 so far! :)

• Like 8

Spring and summer are very busy theater seasons for me, so I often drop off the forums for 3-6 months at a time. Usually I'll drop in a little in that time, but not much.

• Like 5

On 2/18/2019 at 8:23 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Feb 18: Do you have a personal motto? (Evil Halfling)

I don't know about motto, but my personal philosophy (as someone who has spent a lot of time contemplating such) is fairly well aligned with Jeet Kune Do. I'm not a martial artist, but the core philosophy can be applied to most disciplines (such as art). Read the quote paragraph on the Jeet Kune Do wiki under philosophy.

Also a heavy dose of some Christian ideals, because I was raised a Christian. I'm agnostic (see 'applying the principles of JKD to all things'), but there are universal truths. The Serenity prayer and counting blessings are the bedrock of my happiness in an unfair and hard world.

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I guess I'm sort of on a break now :D

I was a bit disenfranchised when the decision to bar consolidated WIP threads here, killed a lot of the community feel that had developed. Then I stopped painting minis and there's not a ton of interest in my current art projects, so I mostly just pop into this thread now and again.

• Like 4