Getting to Know You, Feb 2019

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Feb. 26: Do you/have you ever written any poetry; if so, will you share a poem with us?

It should not come as a surprise that I have written poetry in my life. I don't do it often anymore, but sometimes I find that I must inspire my friends:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72540-torgar-the-barbarian-an-ub3r-wip/&do=findComment&comment=1498731

• Like 5
On 2/24/2019 at 8:46 PM, CashWiley said:

Never compare yourself to other artists. Art is only a competition with yourself. Compare your work to your previous work. Whenever I'm feeling down about my work, I pull out an old sketchbook so I can see that my skills have actually progressed since then.

That's the trouble, I used to be good at this stuff ::(:

It's a long and sad story though, one that I'm not going to burden you fine people with. I focus on mini painting nowadays, but I still draw goofy pawns for my friends Pathfinder game. These are for this weeks game, bonus points if anyone can actually identify these Huge sized critters ::P:

DSCN9000.thumb.JPG.a7ec147526e9d7fb6fbb956052fe6fb4.JPG

Good grief, they look terrible :lol:

Unfortunately, I have no musical or poetic talents so I cant really contribute anything on those topics -_-

• Like 10
13 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Feb. 26: Do you/have you ever written any poetry; if so, will you share a poem with us?

yes,I write haiku on occasion.  

they are one use poems, and I can't think of any of them I have preserved.  

I started writing them to use as prophecies for D&D games. 

but I have written them for the haiku drinking game, as love poetry, and as odes to natural wonders. 

and as facebook statuses 

• Like 8
15 hours ago, TGP said:

In order: No; Maybe?; OK, but I apologize in advance. 

This is the extent ^ of my poetry as well. There may have been some compulsory schoolwork. 

Roses are Red,

Bluebonnets* are Blue,

I suck at poetry,

How about you?

*Why are violets Blue in Poems? Shouldn’t violets be, well... Violet? It’s not just the name of a girl that Charlie Brown remembers from school. It’s a color.

Because we didn't used to have a word for purple. Just like we didn't used to have a word for orange. Orange was red, purple was blue.

7 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I think they're cute :ik_oops: and huggable. No, I haven't had a character die because I wanted to hug or pet something... but it's been close :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I focus on mini painting nowadays, but I still draw goofy pawns for my friends Pathfinder game. These are for this weeks game, bonus points if anyone can actually identify these Huge sized critters ::P:

They kinda look like an Otyugh or the Neo Version. (Never could keep those straight...)

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Feb. 27: When you have a few moments to kill, what game do you play on your smart phone?

If we're talking killing time...  I play the walking simulator known as Pokémon Go every now and then....  Oh wait, it isn't a simulator, you actually ARE walking...... >.>;;;

I don't do mobile phone games typically.

• Like 5
22 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Feb. 27: When you have a few moments to kill, what game do you play on your smart phone?

I don't have a smart phone.

It is one of the blessings of being deaf; i.e., I don't wander through life staring a a little screen.

• Like 8
31 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I don't

because of the ratio of spyware junk disguised as a game to just a game on the various cell phone ap stores I don't trust any of them enough to install them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1