Sign in to follow this  
bluecrowlaura

44001 Reaper Black Owlbear

22 hours ago, Highlander said:

That is impressive.  Appreciate the comment on the quality of Black plastic ... I'd given up on Bones due to its softness.

Thanks, Highlander! It is quite a bit stiffer than the Bones plastic. It's a big blocky mini, though; I'm not sure how it'll work on something smaller and slimmer. I'm getting the next one, the rock troll, sometime this week, but it'll be even bigger and blockier, I expect. We shall see. :-)

21 hours ago, Guildenstern said:

that's really amazing! I love the colours!

Thank you! I wasn't sure if all the red undertones would pay off, but I ended up liking them.

10 hours ago, Warlady said:

Beautiful coloring!

Thanks, Warlady!

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

burns.jpg

::D:::D:

2 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Great looking beast! Very nice forest camouflage colors on it. :winkthumbs:

Thanks! He was really fun to paint, sort of menacing but sort of cuddly at the same time. My hubby said, "You know, he's like our cats: I kinda want to rub his belly, but he'll probably rip my hand off if I do."

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      Here is the owlbear from Bones IV - it will do. I was going for the Eurasian Pygmy Owl, being as it's a small owlbear....

• By MusicalFeline
      So, I recently purchased the "Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments Monsters Paint Set". Came with a bunch of Army Painter washes and paints and yadda yadda yadda...

But it also came with this neat Owlbear mini, which is what I have to share with you guys today!

First eyes I ever successfully painted. But in my defense, I'd only ever tried on minis with smallish eyes, which was NOT the brightest idea I'd ever had. The left eye turned out really good in my opinion, but the right one was a bit messy.

I also need to do so me touch-up work on the base. I got a bit careless with the wash, and uh... Yeeeeah.

Lastly and leastly, I didn't upload an outdoor picture as I usually do. That'll probably come later, provided I don't forget. 

• By Maledrakh
      Doing the Young Owlbear made me want to do this old one as well.
      This owlbear is the O.G. owlbear off the very first of the Reaper Bones kickstarters. It always was a bit weird and extra insane looking, quite different from other owlbears I have seen.
      Also it was droopy and askew on it's base. I drilled into the leg from under the base and inserted a long rod to keep it stiff and keeping the talons off the ground.  Straightened that c***er out,. Far too much as it turned out. So I glued the original base to the new one at an angle. Maybe the angle  should have been even steeper as it is a bit up in the air.
      At any rate, insane-looking owlbear = joker = clown = parrot. Time to break out the Napoleonic colours.

It's pining for the fjords! Beautiful plumage, esquire!

Polly wanna Cracker!

77156 Owlbear
      Bones 1 Core set, 2012
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      50mm base.
      available from reapermini.com

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)