Rigel

SPACEFUTURE: Hydra Slishans and Modified Roper

As every space-cadet knows, life exists just about everywhere it can. Our spiral arm is just teeming with sentient species, Space Monsters, and things in between.

These silicious stalagmen, the Slishans of Titan, are probably in-between. They're from Hydra's Retro Raygun series, and their grumpy expressions and rugose crusts are delightful. 

Meet Gak and Yurk: 
DSCN5574.thumb.JPG.cd72b71e4a872b2b9d27eb2bc38513cb.JPGDSCN5575.thumb.JPG.cbdb825827a2dc72d0e01e03fecd8be9.JPGDSCN5578.thumb.JPG.7525148c89af26ebbb665d1e30e0c584.JPG

And their colleague, Vork. Wait! Vork's got a gun! How did it get a gun? IS it actually a gun? Does it know how to use it--and if so, will Vork be a benevolent leader? 
DSCN5585.thumb.JPG.5538f27db667b214cb30b366e0395edf.JPGDSCN5582.thumb.JPG.f36c6d3772a0674ecf2b3521a018c91f.JPGDSCN5584.thumb.JPG.75d2c0d22938edd45f9d2287b70f582b.JPG
DSCN5586.thumb.JPG.6e29feb9e31189b9f6067655f5af491b.JPG

Last but certainly not least, Old Grandcestor One-Tusk. I got a Roper in one of those WotC random boxes, and then never used it for a year. So I got some Green Stuff and put lips, tusks, a tongue, and an extra pair of eyes on there. DSCN5587.thumb.JPG.1388e3af516361c8784b2260d7d59552.JPGDSCN5592.thumb.JPG.9b3f75e293ba45bfcd2d7061c4edb117.JPG

What great spacebastards they are!
DSCN5595.thumb.JPG.e274502eafacf111d947eaf6d03272d9.JPG

• Like 21

Space is getting more and more dangerous but in a silly way.

I like it.

Great job!

• Thanks 1

Like all your RetroSciFi creations, the latest batch are DELIGHTFULLY silly, bringing to mind Flash Gordon or Duck Dodgers in The Twenty Third & A Half Century. 

It is all SPLENDIDLY painted with imaginative backgrounds AND looks to be as much FUN to do as it is to view. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Space is getting more and more dangerous but in a silly way.

I like it.

"Dangerous, but in a silly way" describes most of my best games. 

5 hours ago, Highlander said:

So bizarre that it works.

12 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

These things are crazy! They also look pretty darn cranky.  :lol:

I love it. So cantankerous, curmudgeonly, and grouchy. 

12 hours ago, malefactus said:

Like all your RetroSciFi creations, the latest batch are DELIGHTFULLY silly, bringing to mind Flash Gordon or Duck Dodgers in The Twenty Third & A Half Century. 

It is all SPLENDIDLY painted with imaginative backgrounds AND looks to be as much FUN to do as it is to view. VERY WELL DONE!

They really are! The goofiness is what I love about them--and you're so right, these guys do look like they would be right at home in a Looney Tunes space episode. I'm glad you're enjoying them; they were indeed a great deal of fun. 

Thanks, all!

• Like 1

Very nice mod on the roper! Love these guys and their psychedelic coloring. Are those plant bulbs used for terrain - another great scene!

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2019 at 9:13 AM, Iridil said:

Very nice mod on the roper! Love these guys and their psychedelic coloring. Are those plant bulbs used for terrain - another great scene!

Thank you! Sorry about the late reply. (I realized that fuschia and Futurama green was  the one colorful combo I hadn't used yet.) Yes, the scatter terrain is old Tillandsia plants that didn't survive in the dry Central TX atmosphere. Very good at conveying "plant--but NOT AS WE KNOW IT!"

On 2/7/2019 at 7:38 AM, redambrosia said:

I love their grumpy faces! You did a great job bringing them to life. ^_^

Thank you! Those sourpuss scowls were too good to pass up. 

• Like 1