• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sithrah-5-6-the-complete-box-set/x/10803452#/

Overview The 1000 page Hardcover Series by Jason Brubaker has finally come to it's epic conclusion. Now is your chance to collect all six hardcover books at a massive discount! All six books are first printing. The series will NOT be reprinted in this form again. Once they run out-of-stock, these collector books will be out-of-print. There will only be 2000 to 2500 copies of the complete series available. Hi, I'm Jason Brubaker and this is my new COMPLETE comic called Sithrah.
      I've worked as a professional Storyboard Artist, Animator and Visual Development Artist in Hollywood for 20 years on movies like Blade, Pitch Black, and the Kung Fu Panda Trilogy. In 2015 I quit my coveted and cushy job at Dreamworks Animation to pursue self-publishing my own graphic novels and I've been doing it ever since. My first graphic novel series is called reMIND and it won a few awards. 
      Sithrah 5 - 176 pages
      Sithrah 6 - 208 pages 
      Sithrah is a project very close to my heart. It is a journey about "the Leap of Faith" of a little girl who travels in and out of the spirit world to try to find her missing father. It is heavily inspired by my love for Miyazaki's movies but with a western worldview. 
      For this final campaign, I am printing the last 2 books in the series. The artwork is complete and pretty much ready for the printer. The last 2 books contain a total of 380 full color pages.
      Best of all, the final book is not scheduled to be released until the end of 2020 and so only backers will be able to read the full story without having to wait for the release date. If this campaign does really well and we sell out of copies, you will be the ONLY PEOPLE who will have copies of Sithrah 5 and 6. 

The only reason I am able to print these high quality books is because of you. You guys have come through for each campaign and made it possible for my crazy stories to get published. You are my financiers, friends, editors, collaborators, inspiration, motivation, mentors and marketing partners. I could not have done any of this without you. You have changed and blessed my life in so many ways on this 5 year journey to complete Sithrah and I cannot thank you enough for helping me get these books made and onto coffee tables around the world.

50% off of my entire back catalogue.
      Indiegogo exclusive! I am slashing the prices on all my old books for this campaign. This will be the cheapest price that you will be able to purchase Sithrah or reMIND. That means that you can get the entire Sithrah 6-book hardcover set for as low as $99. 
      Get Sithrah 6 a YEAR before anyone else!
      The release dates for each book is spaced out by a year for retailer orders and Amazon orders. That means that only you will be able to read the final Sithrah book a year and a half before it's release date and 6 months early for Sithrah 5.
      And if we sell all of the print run in this campaign then it means that you will be the ONLY ones who have a copy and I not release it in stores or on Amazon. Why would I limit the print run? Because the previous books only had a print run of 2500 copies and in order to print more copies of Sithrah 5 & 6, I would also have to reprint Sithrah 4, 3 and 2. And since I don't have that kind of money laying around I will not be reprinting those older books again.
      Win Exclusive Gifts
      You are my marketing experts! I need your help in spreading the word to all your friends and family and in return I will give you exclusive gifts and rewards. Watch the video below to see just how easy it will be to get something unique from this campaign like a sticker, art print or original inked page from the books.
      VIDEO
      Book Specs.
      Sithrah 1: Kingdom of the Air -  96 pages
      Sithrah 2: Propositions - 160 pages
      Sithrah 3: The Symbol - 188 pages
      Sithrah 4: The Deep - 176 pages
      Sithrah 5: Light City - 176 pages (NEW)
       Sithrah 6: The End - 208 pages (NEW)
      Only 500 copies of the new books have a signed and a numbered collectors bookplate.

Art Contest - Get Your Art Printed in the Book!
      Just like my past publications, I want to include some guest art in the back of the printed books. And so… ART CONTEST!!! Submit your art while the campaign is active to get a chance at getting it published in the gallery of Sithrah: Book 5 or 6. Send me your amazing artistic version of the Sithrah characters to be printed in the book... FOREVER! If you make it into the book, you will be credited with your art. 

The page dimensions are 6.75 inches (wide) x 10.5 inches (tall). Please make sure all art is 300dpi when scanned. The deadline for submission is the end of the campaign. Please send all submissions to CoffeeTableComics@gmail.com for consideration. I'll pick the final winner(s) for the book. :)
      Add-Ons
      I will be offering Add-ons when you take the survey after the campaign is finished. You will then have the option to add single books to your order as well as copies of reMIND and other books of mine at a discounted price. Because there are already so many books and options with this campaign I decided to keep the Add-Ons separate. But not to worry, you will have the option of adding things to your order prior to shipping.
      Timeframe
      The books are pretty much ready to go to the printer. I'll be preparing the files in InDesign while the campaign is active. The moment the campaign is finished I will deliver the files to the printer. The printing schedule will be about 2 months and so you will get your books before Christmas. International orders might take a little longer. 
      Why so Much Money?
      I've been making beautiful hardcover graphic novels for 10 years now. Sithrah: Books 1 - 4have already been printed with high quality cloth bindings, foil stamped covers and thick delicious paper. Yes, I said delicious. 
      To wrap up this series, I am trying to print the final two books at the same time. It usually costs about $12,000 to $15,000 to print just one book like this, and not only am I printing two books, I plan to make a collectors slipcase as well. The shipping costs have been anywhere between $8000 to $30,000 on my past campings and so that is why my funding goal is $45,000. If I don't reach this goal then you will be refunded and the books will not go to print. But I am confident that we can easily make this happen.
      Win Inked Pages and Prints!

--------------------
      I'm a backer of the previous 4 books, and have also backed for these two books.

• By SkeletonHeadToys
      Hello all,

I will be running a Kickstarter next week, Tuesday June 19th, for a set of 5 horror based miniatures i have sculpted.

Here is the preview link for the campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/73621027/demons-from-hell?ref=1iqkkt&token=80ad317d

I hope you will take a moment to check it out if interested!

Thanks,

Isaac

• By Arkady
      So, I just realized there isn't a thread here yet on that officially licensed game based on everyone's favorite the best known dinosaur franchise (sorry, I prefer Xenozoic Tales, here):
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jurassicworld/jurassic-worldtm-miniature-game

I can't say I'm overly impressed, given they don't seem to have anything but renders yet (making that Jun. 2020 delivery date look... optimistic, to say the least), and given the English project page certainly hasn't been run by anyone legitimately 'bilingual', casting some doubt on whether they'll manage to pick a 'specialized game translator' that can actually deliver quality English text (particularly, I'm concerned they'll use someone normally doing English to French translation without considering that doesn't really prove they're good at doing the reverse).

I also don't like how they're being a little obtuse with the company(s) behind the project. Who exactly is Cimmeria? Why doesn't Exod have an actual website under that address? What does Bandecine have to do with anything?

Overall, I guess I just convinced myself to give this a pass. Backing French companies waving - maybe not the brightest, but still - red flags on Kickstarter has a tradition of being a bad idea. Not risking this being the exception to the rule.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/831472366/corvus-corax-miniatures-clansmen-of-caer-loch?ref=hero_thanks

Corvus Corax Miniatures is a small hobby project created in 2013. Since then, three projects have successfully funded on Kickstarter and all have been fully delivered on time without any delays. The feedback from the backers have only been positive. Thanks to the support through Kickstarter, 17 miniatures have been made available.

The goal of this project is to raise funds for the production a total of four (4) miniatures for the Clansmen of Caer Loch. The miniatures will be cast in high quality, non-toxic resin. The scale of the miniatures is 35mm (measuring to the eyes in a standing, straight pose, although some characters may be slightly larger because they are supposed to be large characters).

You can also pick up the other Corvus Corax minis from previous projects as add ons

I've backed the previous projects and been very happy with the results
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/horizonknives/lyra-the-fascinating-titanium-morphing-everyday-carry-knife?ref=user_menu

About
      FULLY FUNDED!! + NEW LOWERED STRETCH GOALS!! 
      Lyra  
      Lyra, inspired by the rhombus shaped constellation of the same name, is a unique morphing EDC knife with the design goal of creating the smallest closed knife possible while still providing a full four finger grip. This is our second morphing knife design and incorporates all of the lessons learned on our first project, the ambitious Eclipse morphing knife, of which we produced over 5000 units. 
      The Lyra is a step up in every way from our first design, incorporating better materials, better finishes, and blade steel. There is much more intricate machining involved in this knife and the complexity of the design along with its unique opening mechanism and shape lend for a really interesting and usable show piece. Despite its creative looks it is in fact a very ergonomic and usable EDC knife.
      Mechanism
      The unique four bar mechanism to open the Lyra is also what gives it its best feature. On a standard folding knife the handle must be the same length as the blade or vice versa. This is a limitation to nano blade knives because generally the handle is equally as small. Most nano sized knives only offer a 1 or 2 finger grip which limits them to very low force cutting tasks. The Lyra does not have this issue. Its closed length is a mere 2” but when opened it has a full 3.2” length handle (4.7" total open length). This allows for a full 4 finger grip, something rarely seen on a nano sized knife and a true no compromises solution!
      Grip
      The benefit of the linkage extension of the Lyra’s handle is apparent by all of the different grips available. The linkages were shaped to create smooth transitions from the handle to the blade and avoid creating any “hot spots” or pressure points when gripping the knife firmly. The result is a secure, comfortable, versatile handle that allows for long periods of continuous use and offering a number of useful grip options to accommodate any task: 
      Blade
      The Lyra has an excellent blade. It’s a Wharncliffe shaped blade which is designed for utility use. It is has a scoop along the top edge that adds a cool style to the blade shape but also acts as an ergonomic finger rest for better control of the blade for better precision in cutting tasks. The best feature of this blade, however, is that it is made of super hard D2 tool steelwhich is one of the absolute hardest and most durable blade steels available having a hardness of 61 HRC. The blade is made from a thick 0.120 inch (3mm) stock so it has a very good rigidity but still maintains very good slicing ability due to its flat ground bevel design. There is even an ample sharpening choil present so you can easily maintain the blade sharpness, should you want to. That said, D2 should maintain a nice useable sharp edge for the life of the knife if using it for everyday standard activities. The black blade is DLC coatedwhich is a super hard, scratch resistant coating found on high end military tactical equipment.
      The Lyra also features a completely protected blade design when closed, so your keys wont be able to hit the blade edge ensuring your knife will remain sharp even when carrying it everyday in a busy pocket. It does this with a specifically machined "U" channel that keeps the blade edge out of harms way.
      Utility
      The Lyra is such a usable little knife given its ergonomic handle and utility blade, it really is meant to be a useful every day carry knife that can do more than just the basic stuff if you need it too. By the way.. the bottle opener was a happy accident.. we didn't intend this to have a built in bottle opener but it ended up being the perfect shape.
        -----------------
      I already have their earlier Coin-shaped knife, and it is pretty interesting. 
      (I mostly use it to cut open packages)
      EDC: EveryDay Carry. A knife that according to the TSA's rules should be allowed to in your carry-on lugage, and that the police won't lock you up for carrying on the street. 
      (Not that I'd take the risk with the cost of these knives)
      I expect this new one to be even more useful.
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 0 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)