I Created Art in January!

Morihalda

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bluecrowlaura said:

Really productive January! Great stuff. I love the variety too; I'm also totally incapable of working on only one kind of project at a time, so I love to see others who multi-art...!

Yes! I can't work on the same thing forever. I recently decided to give myself "art slots." I'm allowed to work on four projects at a time. It's been letting me successfully project hop without starting 800 things at the same time.

--

Thank you, friends! :wub:

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Considering this is a Reaper forum, I don't post nearly enough Reaper stuff!

Going to try remedying that by slowly going through that big box of Bones V I've got perched on top of my stack of unpainted things.

I'm starting with Hercules (Didn't expect him to be my first choice, but I have been watching a lot of Greek Myth stuff on Youtube lately):-

This is after I've prepped him, primed him, had a second go at the mold-lines (I'm trying to get better at this), re-primed and finally given a Brown Wash.
      Got a little problem going on with his right arm, from the back it's all bulging muscle, but from the front the gap between his bicep and club is filled in with something. Not sure how to fix this, so I decided to paint it as part of his lion cape (And hope no one notices the two halves don't line up).

Huh, mystery solved. Looking at it now in these piccys, I can see that weird bit of arm is actually his thumb.

Painted his lion cape first (I'm a messy drybrusher).
      This was a base of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow, then a Brown Wash, then drybrushes of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow and Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Bonewhite. 
      While the mane and tail end were a base of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Leather Brown, Brown Wash and drybrushes of Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Leather Brown and Iraqi Sand/Ochre Yellow/Leather Brown/Bonewhite.
      Finally, it got Bonewhite claws, Dwarf Skin paw pads and then everything got Sepia Wash.

While I'm on the computer I need to see if lions have special noses, if not then tomorrow I start on the skin of Hercules!
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting the Frost Giant Heroine from Reaper.

Not my best work, I'm still not great at getting all the mold-lines off these PVC minis, plus I was painting her to help work through some issues I was having so she's a bit on the rough and basic side.
      Was still a lot of fun to paint up though, I'll have to get the other one done now.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello there, here is my latest Dark Dwarf. 44139, Dark Dwarf Cleaver was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. This is the Bones Black version. Have a good Friday.

• By lexomatic
      I got  few pieces to add to my previous set due to SW closing.
      Here's my WIP thread for all of them. These most recent pieces start on p5.

• By Rickdraco
      Having recently started a pathfinder campaign I needed some miniatures suitable to use as Bandits or town guardsmen.  After looking for a bit, I settled on the Bones Black Maggotcrown Men At Arms.  Unfortunately, when they arrived, having ordered them from eBay, the spearman's weapon was mis-moulded, so I had to replace it with the spear from an old GW high elf.

C&C's are more than welcome, hope people like my take!

• Who's Online   5 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)