Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

DRAGONLOCK™ 3D Printable Miniatures

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679800548/dragonlocktm-3d-printable-miniatures?ref=ksr_email_user_new_friend_project

About

8001b8dcd39cbf487ac48e6fee6911d7_origina

DRAGONLOCK™ Miniatures are specifically designed designed to be the easiest-to-print minis you can buy for 3D printing. These miniatures are optimized for FDM-type 3D printers and do not require slicer-added supports to successfully print, as the sculpts are designed to self-support or in some cases have pre-designed supports built in. All of this means you can print highly detailed miniatures easily without having the hassles often associated with printing miniatures at home. Best of all, the miniatures in the photos you see are all printed on a $220 3D Printer (Creality Ender 3 available on Amazon HERE and from Creality) and a standard 28mm miniature only costs around 6-8 cents in plastic to print!

NOTE: All miniatures are delivered via DrivethruRPG as a downloadable .stl file, no physical minis are included.

e945e71ca0cc417ba4a09306a488c123_origina
afb110350f9800476fe60330fa2b0453_origina
Miniatures printed on a $220 Creality 'Ender 3' 3D printer. Miniatures printed on a $220 Creality 'Ender 3' 3D printer.
3cd7838a114d0a0aa7d0cffd51f58598_origina
ea10c6e4a57ee1c1f2fbb7d75b7e731c_origina

We have a Youtube channel dedicated to teaching you how to set up a 3D printer, maintain it, and show you all the tips and tricks we've learned so you can print miniatures and terrain like a pro! Check it out HERE.

c45f6d7a1078f228aa225a03a7c8120c_origina
9d49031de0fd51f7e7828d20daa97c89_origina

The Collection 1 pledge gets you Angry Ball of Eyes (x1), Goblins (x6), Turdles (x3), and Oxidation-beast (x1). Eligible for Bonus Items (but not Stretch Rewards.) 

d4e6595c6a335456c8bbb947341fbe3d_origina
a7f5e542eace409f02c2aba3c0b965f0_origina
7d223170a918cfe2a1af6917f16bafb7_origina

The Collection 2 pledge gets you Skeletons (x6), Orcs (x3), Tentacles (x3), and High-five Monster (x1). Also includes all 'Collection 1' miniatures. Eligible for Bonus Items (but not Stretch Rewards.)

66ff0ab8c6850875a5bbd2966a48ef84_origina
6e6cfd7ececcda88b31b47eacfeec551_origina

The Collection 3 pledge gets you the Great Dragon (x1) and Lizardfolk (x6). Also includes all 'Collection 1' and 'Collection 2' miniatures. Eligible for all Bonus Items AND all Stretch Rewards.

a290c0cc37d2d1509e215612678d2e1e_origina
ae1bfa093c3afa238c8f1b73022284e1_origina

Bonus Items are similar to Stretch Rewards, and are unlocked on the Goal Map. Bonus items on the map are specifically listed as 'BONUS'. Every pledge level is eligible to receive all Bonus Items.

BONUS ITEM: 1" base miniature painting holder. BONUS ITEM: 1" base miniature painting holder.
2af3eddfb787e6e4d5f4174d60e68645_origina

Stretch Rewards are only available for the Collection 3 pledge level. The Goal Map below will show what Stretch Rewards have been unlocked (please note, Bonus Items are also unlocked on this map as well.)

Snake Warrior stretch reward prototype sculpt. Snake Warrior stretch reward prototype sculpt.
74b2477e233d7ed1438709ed67d68a18_origina
4f05d725adaefb94daa1c6e571c6cdd2_origina

NOTE: Final design of stretch reward miniatures is subject to change as modifications may be necessary to ensure proper printing.

• Like 5

I like Fat Dragon Games as a company, but why are all these minis so flat and similarly posed? Surely 3D printing allows you to be a bit more dynamic with your poses, since you don’t have to worry about undercuts as much.

Edit: whoever painted that not-Beholder did a fantastic job on the eye. That looks awesome!

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Adrift said:

I just don't NEED anymore of these same monsters.

Ditto. 

12 minutes ago, Olaf the Stout said:

I like Fat Dragon Games as a company, but why are all these minis so flat and similarly posed? Surely 3D printing allows you to be a bit more dynamic with your poses, since you don’t have to worry about undercuts as much.

Looks like they took one lizard man sculpt and made slight adjustments to give you several poses.  Easier and faster than making 6 individual sculpts.  But yeah, they do have that old school static feel to them .

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Olaf the Stout said:

The big thing FDG strives for is not having to print with supports.  To do that there are certain rules you have to follow, as an FDM printer can't print overhangs beyond a certain amount without something to hold it up before it solidifies.  I think that is part of it.  I think another part is that Tom seems to really like the old school feel. Note the pig nosed orcs.

Me, I'm in.  Cause I sure don't have enough minis to paint for the next 500 years already.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I like Fat Dragon and want them to succeed at this. I went all in for the time being. I'll scale it back if I need to at the end, but I want this project to happen.

I'm not sure I need all of those minis myself. I have a ton of pre-painted and yet-to-be-painted minis, but the ability to run off a group of these myself is pretty awesome.

• Like 7

I'm in! Like most on here, I'm a FDG fan & Tom does so much for the 3d printing & rpg hobby. I'm not sure when I'll ever print up miniatures but when I do I'll have the files at least. I do like the new Turdles (really need to change that name) sculpts & the kobold stretch goal figures).

• Like 3

I just got some .2mm nozzles today, I'll be curious to try them out at some point and see how the end result looks compared to the .4, which I'm already pretty happy with.

One of the things I love about 3D printing is the ability to scale.  So if, like the preview goblin from FDG, I decide they are too big, I can scale them to 80% and get goblins I like.

• Like 5

I like the idea of no supports, but so far I haven't had very good luck printing miniatures on my printer.  Terrain, however, is looking fantastic on it.  I am thinking about a small-ish resin printer, but I'm not in any hurry.  I do have 20 minis already...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dan d'Lyon said:

I like the idea of no supports, but so far I haven't had very good luck printing miniatures on my printer.  Terrain, however, is looking fantastic on it.  I am thinking about a small-ish resin printer, but I'm not in any hurry.  I do have 20 minis already...

It's not that these will all be supportless - the ones that need support already have tree-type supports built into the STL. I like this idea. I really hate messing with the hatch supports form Slicer3PE. Tree style supports are not available in the software yet. 

13 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

They would probably look better if printed on a Resin printer...  

(I think there's one on KS right now. )

The active KS project for the Bean is a cheap resin SLA printer, but got burned with the Pirate3D Buccaneer, and the Obsidian project is moving way too slowly. I'm not backing hardware like this anymore.

Edit: I had bad info on which resin 3D printer was currently active.

Edited by RouterMike
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RouterMike said:

The active KS project for the Bean is a cheap resin SLA printer, but got burned with the Pirate3D Buccaneer, and the Obsidian project is moving way too slowly. I'm not backing hardware like this anymore.

No....

The Bean (by KUDO 3D) is over, and shipped last year. 

(I can see mine from where I'm sitting right now)

It was the Paladin I was thinking of, and that seems to have funded now. 

(It's still possible to buy in it seems)

My Bean is working OK, but I'm a bitmiffed by the SW that it came with. If you want the good stuff it'll cost you extra. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

No....

The Bean (by KUDO 3D) is over, and shipped last year. 

(I can see mine from where I'm sitting right now)

It was the Paladin I was thinking of, and that seems to have funded now. 

(It's still possible to buy in it seems)

My Bean is working OK, but I'm a bitmiffed by the SW that it came with. If you want the good stuff it'll cost you extra. 

My bad, It must have been the Paladin I was looking at the other day. I'm glad your printer arrived. Sadly the Obsidian makers have gone quiet, and I have no hopes the Buccaneer will ever show up.

• Like 1