Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Alien Jungle Terrain @ Michael's

Recommended Posts

Spring floral is here!  I found these at Michael's this morning.  Succulents are a thing, fake succulents even more so since you can't kill them.  All of the ones I took pics of are small enough for table top use, 3" wide or less.   I did not take note of prices, but you can get coupons on their web site to help with the cost. 

 

IMG_20190205_114641803.jpg.8da4922d2d5f72cc688b869137ccb645.jpg

 

IMG_20190205_114649553.jpg.b1fab8feb3e885734dae1fc65935b75c.jpg

 

IMG_20190205_114714561.jpg.e95a85f7ecee50823580f7ca0c6a2ded.jpg

 

IMG_20190205_114723690.jpg.1ad4a9f51161ddc681effe4298e9f9d1.jpg

 

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Glitterwolf
      There are some things that don't really fit a project and aren't important enough for a thread on their own.
      I'll put those here.
       
      Like this campfire.
      3D printed from the Artisan Guild welcome Pack
       
       

    • By Inarah
      Here's a rundown on how I make quick, cheap trees for tabletop games.  For well under $10 you can have 3 clumps of good looking terrain using commonly available materials. 
       

      What you need:
       
      - glue, white and cyanocrylic (Super Glue)
      - 50mm round bases
      - sand, gravel, or kitty litter
      - craft paints
      - craft brushes
      - wire cutters
      - flock
      - plastic flowers from a hobby craft store, commonly called "stems" or a "bush" if there is  clump of them. Look for something more or less tree like, with branches.  This example is covered with clumps of foam.  They come in various colors depending on the time of year. 
       

       
      Step one consists of separating each stem of flowers from the clump, discarding the leaves.  Leave the "flower" part attached to the wire stems.   Use wire cutters to trim stems to about 4" long. 
       
      Coil each wire tightly so that it fits on your 50mm base.  Bend and shape each stem so that you can fit 2 or 3 stems on each base.  
       
      Use Super Glue to attach firmly. 
       
      Step two: sand and paint.  The sand helps cover up the wires, and adds a little weight for stability.  It looks best if you paint the base and wires, then glue down sand or gravel (let it dry) and paint a 2nd time.  This gives you good coverage on the base, and on the sand.  
       

       
       
      Step three: flock and details.  I already added gravel to make large stones, but you can add more if you want a rocky look.  It sticks best if you glue to the sand before adding flock.
       
      Cover the base with white glue and then apply flocking of your choice. 
       

       
       
      Now you can add finer details like grass tufts, flowers, leaves, or colored flock.
       
       
       
      I added orange flock to enhance the autumn theme.  My final step was to give the bright grey rocks a little brown wash to make them look more natural. 
       

       
    • By Pochi
      I need a grick for D&D so painted up the chthon. He can also pass for a carnivorous plant!


    • By Rigel
      Another fellow I'd painted long ago that got a touch-up when I was on that plant bender. This photosynthetic hulk is a great stand in for my favorite DC character: the Swamp Thing. 


    • By Crowley
      I had president's day off, so to take advantage of it, I decided to speed paint some saprolings and some ghouls. I'll get around to posting the ghouls shortly...

      First up, the twig blights (though really, at this size, they're more like branch blights) were all given a good hot water and soap scrub, and then primed with Brown Liner.

      Then I painted them in successive highlights using Walnut Brown, Nut Brown, and Desert Stone. I then blotted them irregularly with Muddy Olive. 

      I stuck them on 1" slotta bases (GW style) and numbered each one, then I painted on some wood glue, and flocked them. 


       
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...