New Paint Makes Local Man Very Happy!

It's been quite a few years since I really sat down and painted.  My once loved paint collection of over 75 bottles of Reaper Master Series has been in storage, transit, or ignored.  Imagine my surprise when I dug them out to discover many had died.  Oh the heartbreak.  But my birthday is next week so I got the wife to order me a new set of 54 Bones Paints!  I have them in my hands!  I really haven't been this excited in a long time.  Tomorrow I will arrange them, break out some minis from storage, and maybe even start to paint again.  I will keep you lovely people in the loop.  I'm going to have to relearn everything.  That's okay.  One mini at a time.  I'll enjoy it all.

Okay, not basing, which I hate, but even that will be a mild pleasure after so many years of no painting at all.

• Like 21
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Warwick said:

It's been quite a few years since I really sat down and painted.  My once loved paint collection of over 75 bottles of Reaper Master Series has been in storage, transit, or ignored.  Imagine my surprise when I dug them out to discover many had died.  Oh the heartbreak.  But my birthday is next week so I got the wife to order me a new set of 54 Bones Paints!  I have them in my hands!  I really haven't been this excited in a long time.  Tomorrow I will arrange them, break out some minis from storage, and maybe even start to paint again.  I will keep you lovely people in the loop.  I'm going to have to relearn everything.  That's okay.  One mini at a time.  I'll enjoy it all.

Okay, not basing, which I hate, but even that will be a mild pleasure after so many years of no painting at all.

Good to see it bringing you some happiness. I used to hate basing as well . One day I decided enough of that. Find a bag of flock or sand or anything that you like and just glue it on. Even if it's plain it'll still look better than nothing. Most of my minis get either plain sand, a medium green flock or a combination of both. I rarely do much more especially with man size minis as there isn't really a lot of room to play with.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I love all of my bones paints...  And there's also the Dungeon Dweller sets for expanding later on too! ^_^

I just call them new Bones paints!  They follow order in the SKU range as the Bones.  But yes, all of them have proven to be great.  The new metallics are much better than the old as well!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Harrek said:

I just call them new Bones paints!  They follow order in the SKU range as the Bones.  But yes, all of them have proven to be great.  The new metallics are much better than the old as well!

I suspect the reason why I call them the sets because at this time you can only purchase them as a bundled set.  Definitely looking forward to the Pathfinder paint set...  I might just buy the whole set outright ^_^;;;;