What happened to Reaper's Customer Service?

Guest MSduPre

I don’t know if the orcs you are looking for are in this PDF, but I’ve gone through it often myself to find old minis to order.

http://www.reapermini.com/pdf/2012NICedCatalog.pdf

It’s not a quick or easy document to go through, but there’s a ton of great old minis hidden away in there.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Forgot link.
  • Like 4

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MSduPre

Harrek, You seem to be one of those people who is going to continue to argue obtusely in ever-pedantically-tightening circles, to try and prove that you were right to begin with, while completely (and probably knowingly) missing the entire point of what the other person is actually saying. And therefore, I'm not going to engage with you any further.

Thank you, Darsc. I'm sorry, but I don't see a link to a pdf. Is it a catalogue for a third-party distributor?

Edited by MSduPre
for clarity

5 minutes ago, MSduPre said:

Harrek, You seem to be one of those people who is going to continue to argue obtusely in ever-pedantically-tightening circles, to try and prove that you were right to begin with, while completely (and probably knowingly) missing the entire point of what the other person is actually saying. And therefore, I'm not going to engage with you any further.

Thank you, Darsc. I'm sorry, but I don't see a link to a pdf. Is it a catalogue for a third-party distributor?

I would bet dollars to doughnuts (and wow, has that old phrase reversed meaning) that what Darsc meant was this:

Reaper’s own gargantuan pdf catalogue of everything NiC (“not in catalogue”) but still available.

It’s from 2012 so the prices might be a little different, but everything in there is available on the site, too. At least, every obscure old figure I’ve plucked from out there has been available so far.

• Like 2

Guest MSduPre

Also, if I have, in my original post been unfair and/or inaccurate, or if this was, in fact, just an isolated incident, due to their being very busy, then I will retract it, either by editing the wording or deleting it altogether (if that is possible). I value courtesy and fairness very highly, and am never (intentionally) rude to someone who has not first been rude to me.

4 minutes ago, MSduPre said:

Much like yourself then it seems when presented with facts from official Reaper channels.  I think you are perhaps looking in the mirror on the above comment.  I was merely pointing out the facts and official statements that Reaper has made so people see them, I see no arguement.

You call me argumentative and obtuse yet claim to have been buying Reaper figures going far back yet show up here with a brand new account and this topic is your first post?  Resembling the Bones Black free mini for February I think?

• Like 2

Guest MSduPre

That is a very cool resource, which I have just saved to my hard drive. Thank you both. The ones I was looking for are on there, but as you said, it's from 2012, and apparently things have changed.

That shows exactly what my understanding was, about being able to get the older minis--that the whole Dark Heaven line was still available for special order. I guess that's just not the case anymore.

Recently some of Reaper's larger pieces have been discontinued because the cost of pewter makes them prohibitively expensive.  Mostly it's been giants and 54mm display pieces.  I sympathize with your frustration in trying to find older products, but no one keeps 100% of their products in stock forever.  If there is something specific you're looking for you might have success with eBay or an online retailer.  

• Like 3

Guest MSduPre

"Annually, Reaper Miniatures removes a selection of the slowest selling models from the Casket Works product catalog. When this happens, distribution no longer will carry the removed items. However, this does not mean that you can’t get these models directly from Reaper Miniatures."

Looking through this document, it seems (without having done a detailed count) that, at least at that time, any Dark Heaven mini was available directly from Reaper. Which matches what I had previously understood. But, per the information given to me today, this seems no longer to be the case. What is not clear, is whether this practice and policy has changed, or whether the list of "always available" models just no longer comprises the entire Dark Heaven line.

Thank you. I have tried those outlets, with no success. I found one in stock in Japan, but with no international shipping option.

Edited by MSduPre

30 minutes ago, MSduPre said:

23 minutes ago, Pingo said:

would bet dollars to doughnuts (and wow, has that old phrase reversed meaning) that what Darsc meant was this:

Oops! Yep. Thanks Pingo. That’s the link I meant to include.

I still order minis from there. I usually include 1 or 2 with each order, though as Pingo pointed out the prices have changed.

Guest MSduPre

Really, it's not about not being able to find that particular mini. It's fine: I'm already over it. It's that I very much liked that one could order old and no-longer-in-production minis from them. I had the impression, and I may have been wrong, that if you ordered something they were no longer distributing, they pulled out the mold and made one for you. Which made them, in my opinion, the best company ever. My main concern, if this is no longer true (or if I was mistaken), is that that means many other older ones are not going to be available anymore. So, for instance, if I need 5 Fire Giants for an adventure and currently only have one, then I might be out of luck. And trying to buy every mini I might ever need right now, because I might not be able to find it later, is prohibitively expensive.

Edited by MSduPre

Those orcs are available as an Army pack in the Reaper Online store: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Dark Heaven Legends Army Packs/sku-down/06009

As well as the orcs with axes and two handed weapons.

The Boneyard being suspended was a victim of Reapers success.  It has been explained to me that the process of going to the bins, finding the various pieces and cliping the required pieces from the SKUs were taking an inordinate amount of time for the shipping department.  I can understand that, as I have had the good fortune to shop the bins during ReaperCon several times and it took me over an hour to gather the peices I had on my list.  This way, the packers only have to grab the ready blistered figures in the picking area and put it in the box.  If Boneyard remained open, I doubt that Reaper would be able to continue to ship orders within a day of them being placed.  It's just not a cost effective use of man hours anymore; I understand and accept the logic even though I would prefer it otherwise

But the good news is that you can get the figures you want.

ETA:  And looking more closely, I see now that these are not the exact ones you linked; just very similar (still sword and shield, still Garrity).  They may be some of the figures that they don't have good molds for anymore.

• Like 4

Guest MSduPre

You're probably right. And that's probably why they don't do the "order any old mini directly from us" thing anymore. As you said, understandable, but disappointing.

9 hours ago, Harrek said:

Much like yourself then it seems when presented with facts from official Reaper channels.  I think you are perhaps looking in the mirror on the above comment.  I was merely pointing out the facts and official statements that Reaper has made so people see them, I see no arguement.

You call me argumentative and obtuse yet claim to have been buying Reaper figures going far back yet show up here with a brand new account and this topic is your first post?  Resembling the Bones Black free mini for February I think?

He's right, though.  Go look in the army packs, the Anhurian with sword and shield pack is also gone.  I ordered some of this stuff in 2017 during 25th anniversary, and the orc pack mentioned (I think it's the one with one Olley Orc, one Garrity) is not there.  There's been some sku-pruning in the army packs.

• Like 3