Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Welcome to our latest Kickstarter release: Wood Elves
A collection of wood elf miniatures that will continue to grow after the completion of this project. So let us know what else you want to see. We may even squeeze a few more miniatures into this campaign!
Artist (Dan Jack): "This was quite an exciting project to work on. I have always pictured wood elves to be more feral and slightly darker than modern interpretations. The horns for me, are a way of depicting an elder, in an otherwise young looking race. As the elves become more integrated with the forest, they start to develop horns, which are seen as a nod to their stature with in the force. You will see some of the leaders with horns. This in turn, is a foundation we will be building into the narrative of our game. The death of an elf works in both directions. As they come closer to death and old age, you shall see a more warped by the forest aesthetic. I am looking forward to pushing this further with characters in the expansion of this range, as well as more young'uns."
Please note that the items that are shown in black are a guaranteed addition to box sets. They will be revealed as stretch goals to generate excitement!
Shipping Date: APRIL 2020
If you don't want the full box set, you can build your own custom order, by adding up the value of the items you want, and then pledge that amount in the 'build you own pledge' reward. You will get to pick and choose what you want in the pledge manager using your credit.
Mel Bose – The Terrain Tutor – has been building terrain for almost as long as he can remember. When he was five, Mel built playsets for his little green army men in the corner of the craft store his mother ran. He was often assisted by model railroaders who were regulars at the store and, by the time he saw his first White Dwarf magazine at age 15, Mel was primed for a life of building terrain.
Mel has traveled the world, as a medic in the army, a physiotherapist, and even a salesman. He has worked with people from all walks of life, and looked at things from many different perspectives. It is this approach that he brings to his successful YouTube channel (The Terrain Tutor, click the image below to check it out). For the last fiveyears, Mel has been able to make a living from sharinghis passion – teaching people everything he knows about building terrain for tabletopwargaming, for hobbyists, clubs, displays, and for dioramas – and it’s that passion and knowledge that he is bringing to this book, TERRAIN ESSENTIALS.
This Kickstarter campaign is to fund a printed version of the book – TERRAIN ESSENTIALS – a 96+ page book perfect to add to the collection of anyone with an interest in creating excellent tabletop terrain, regardless of purpose or the builder's ability.
The Content of TERRAIN ESSENTIALS
Mel has spent many years researching all manner of tools, materials and techniques, as well as experimenting and documenting his process. He’ll be putting it down on paper for the first time, and TERRAIN ESSENTIALS will include:
• Theory – From inspiration and research to planning and set design, from colour theory and build types to workflow and longterm project management, this section will help you plan the best terrain for you before you even start building.
• Materials & Tools – Covering all the most commonly used materials, from basic craft and DIY to specialist modeling materials – including how and where to use them in terrain making – along with an in-depth guide to the essential simple, professional, and custom tools specific to making terrain, this section is all about making sure you have the right tool and right material for the job!
• Core Techniques – From cutting bases to sealing your finished terrain and a whole host of techniques in-between, this section will ensure you have a solid understanding of the core skills and techniques used across the spectrum of terrain building. Covering the essentials, from basics like cutting and gluing, to advanced washes, sealing techniques and combating warping, this section will not only give you the information and confidence to use these techniques but also troubleshoot them.
• Base, Texture, and Paint – Good terrain starts with a good foundation and this section provides in-depth coverage of basing, laying down the ground, realistic texturing techniques, and a range of earth tone painting guides. From cheap and easy basing materials to perfect pigments, you will have the information you need to make sure all of your projects start with a solid, realistic foundation.
• Grasses and Trees – This section is all about the greenery, from laying down beautiful and durable grasslands and pastures, to tufts, flowers, shrubs, bushes and hedgerows. As well as tackling the small stuff, this section will go into creating a range of trees; everything from armatures, to bark textures, painting and finally creating awesome looking foliage for your trees.
• Hills and Rocks – As the most common feature on gaming tables, this section covers those rocks, slopes, hills, and cliffs. We look at everything from a number of different construction techniques to maximising playability without sacrificing realism, realistic painting guides, and more advanced techniques for modular and large feature hills and cliffs.
• Buildings and Ruins – Buildings and ruins can be mini-projects in their own right, so this section breaks it all down and takes you step-by-step through building, painting and fine detailing for buildings from our history, or a dystopian, gothic, far-flung future. Covering multiple techniques for everything from the foundations to the roofs, this section will have you making the best buildings for your urban combat.
• Water and Snow – Often seen as the more challenging aspects of terrain making, this section will demystify water and snow pieces, giving you a range of techniques, core colour theory, and guides to the most common pieces like ponds, modular rivers, and snowy terrain.
• Terrain Kits – As kits, prints, and casts become more prevalent in tabletop gaming, this section not only equips you with the key knowledge to make putting your kit together problem free. But it’s not only about building kits; we will also take you through customising and tying your kits to your existing terrain collection, giving you what you need to turn each kit into a unique terrain piece.
• Mel’s Top Tips – Throughout the previous sections, Mel will be giving his top tips, tricks and fixes, making sure you learn from his mistakes so your builds go as smoothly as possible.
We are planning to cover each of these chapters in as much detail as possible, to give you as much information as we can. We have a number of stretch goals planned that will help us provide more in-depth knowledge on each of the techniques used and sample builds shown in the book.
Why create a book?
It has been quite a while since there was a great “Introduction to Terrain Building” type of book on the market, so after five years of helping the community build their terrain on Youtube, it seemed right for Mel to be the one to do it. On The Terrain Tutor YouTube channel, Mel presents a lot of great ideas, techniques, materials, and tools in a handy, episodic fashion, but we know that not everyone learns in the same way. The written word (particularly when accompanied by great photographs) can help many terrain builders connect with the material covered in Mel’s videos. Helping others enjoy their hobby is one of the key drivers behind The Terrain Tutor, and Mel finds there’s certainly a lot of job satisfaction when helping others be happy is your living.
Mel is partnering with Dave Taylor, of Dave Taylor Miniatures, to bring this book to life. Dave has been involved in tabletop miniatures wargaming for almost 30 years, has worked in "the business" for 25 years, and has known Mel for a decade. Dave recently delivered his own book aimed at helping wargamers complete more of their wargaming projects more often – Armies & Legions & Hordes – which he successfully funded here on Kickstarter last year. Dave is running this campaign, and will be coordinating the layout, editing, publishing, and distribution of TERRAIN ESSENTIALS.
Of course, this campaign is also a bit of an experiment. If things go well, we may look into a series of more detailed books for a future campaigns.
By Darsc Zacal
A fantastical range of White Metal Cat Miniatures representing the iconic fifth edition character classes of the world’s greatest roleplaying game!
No pics of the minis yet. Will update this post as more info is released.
Welcome to the Great Wall draft page – the campaign is not live yet, but we will be gradually adding more and more information about the game here! We are incredibly excited to hear your feedback, so please let us know what you think. If it looks interesting to you - make sure to click the "Notify me on launch" button!
The Great Wall is a new major board game from Awaken Realms (creators of Nemesis, Tainted Grail, Etherfields and many other acclaimed products). Players will take the roles of generals of an ancient oriental empire who lead the defence against ruthless hordes. You will need to gather allied advisors, manage your workers, recruit armies and, together with other players, raise and defend the Great Wall! As the game progresses, you will often need to co-operate or negotiate with other players, but make no mistake – there can be only one winner!
This fresh worker (and soldier!) placement game for 1-4 players faces them with many difficult choices and often pushes them to interact with each other. You will be assigning your workers to eleven different locations, such as Tea House, Quarry, Messenger Post, or Barracks, using special Command cards that have additional effects. Production in locations activates ONLY when all their slots are filled, but filling them all by yourself can result in a penalty. On top of that, players can buy overseers who will give additional output every time a location becomes activated. This creates a lot of involving long- and short-term strategies.
Each player starts with one unique General, characterized by their asymmetric power, as well as the production level. From there, you will further customize your economic engine and fine-tune your strategy by recruiting advisors who provide additional bonuses.
Eventually, a Wall Defence phase beings, where players place previously build armies on Horde Cards – earning Honor (Victory points) and looting resources from the defeated troops. This requires smart management of three types of units: Archers, Spearmen and Cavalry. Players place these soldiers one by one, playing the Tactics cards that create another layer of interaction.
Gain meditation by shooting with the Zen Archer, then spend meditation on a Cavalry Squad Leader to move your Cavalry around the battlefield faster, and – finally – finish off by getting extra Honor for each of the Cavalry’s engagements thanks to the Banner Holder. There are endless possibilities for great combos and memorable plays.
On top of that, your Advisors and General might give your troops extra abilities, such as shooting twice or looting twice the resources!
All of the above makes the Great Wall one of our most strategically involving designs that will be appreciated by many different groups of players: those who love euro-styled games with their intricate economies and engine-building, those who love over-the-table play, bargaining and negotiations – and finally, those who simply like to wage war on a beautiful map.
Who Are Troublemaker Games?
We are an established wargames development company who design & supply plastic, metal and resin miniatures for wargames retail companies, whose sculptors also have experience doing freelance work for other companies such as Mantic Games (for whom we sculpted, for example, their range of 28mm scale plastic terrain kits, as well as various other plastic & resin kits).
We have previously run & managed eight other Crowdfunding Campaigns, raising a total of £84,048 to deliver plastic and metal models for the 6mm scale wargame range, Defeat In Detail (1 2 3 4 5), our range of Plastic Wargames Terrain kits (1 2), and our 28mm scale Nuns with Laserguns! (1).
We have delivered all the plastic, resin, and metal kits from all seven of our own crowdfunding campaigns to our customers, and all models (other than some Campaign Exclusive Limited Edition pieces) are now available for retail purchase through either Vanguard Miniatures, as the "Defeat In Detail" and the "Troublemaker Games Plastic Terrain Kits" ranges, or the "Nuns with Laserguns!" range via our own webstore. Vanguard's own Crowdfunder (which we oversaw as Campaign Manager) has itself also been fully delivered.
Some of our Nuns with Guns (painted) from our previous Kickstarter campaign. What We Need & What You Get
We have several designs of Post-Technopocalypse Model kits already sculpted, but without a crowdfunding campaign it would be too expensive for us to afford to put them into production, so your interest and support at this stage means we can bring these designs to retail... and to your gaming tables!
As we cross stretch goals we'll be unlocking more model kits, and hopefully adding free bonuses to existing pledges too (we've managed to include free bonus models on every one of our Crowdfunders to date, and we'd love to continue that tradition!).
So, this campaign contains rewards for pledging, consisting of:
28mm Metal Model Kits STL 3d Files Download Packages All miniatures will be supplied unpainted. Scroll onwards to find out more...
How Do Pledges Work?
Each Scenery or Model kit in this Kickstarter campaign has a price in British Pounds (£) associated with it.
To pledge, total up how many of each kit you'd like to pledge for, work out how many Pounds that would cost, and pledge for that total.
For example, if you would like to pledge for:
1x Tribal Guardswomen Infantry Squad (£20) 1x Mad Marx (£4) 2x Count Binface (£8) 1x Post-Technopocalypse Town STL Set (£10) Total: £42
Then you should select the "Miniatures!" reward, and should pledge £42; You will be prompted for postage and packaging in addition to your basic pledge cost. Once the campaign ends, you will be sent a questionnaire, which will ask you to confirm your chosen combination of model sets.
If you only want STL digital file sets, select the "STL-only pledge" and pledge the appropriate amount for your chosen combination of STL sets.
Some of the Stretch Goals that we hope to unlock during this campaign will also have Costs associated with them, whilst others will be free upgrades to existing sets.
Who's Online 28 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)