Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Black Hallows Townsfolk II

I'm in for the Townsfolk. The only Hero I like so far is the cleric lady. If I can make it to the end without having to abandon it, I think I'll try to pick up some figures from the first one. I missed out on it back then, and there's a few I wouldn't complain about having to liven up towns. I mean, I've already got a lot of townsfolk between Bones 2 and 3, so I may find myself again canceling, but I like the renders. They've got character.

Updated the first post.. in for a 75mm figure.. so many tempting options, Guard Captain, Monk, orc, regular guard... 

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 1

Yeah... I don’t know that I can afford to go in on this for what I want. Especially considering the minis from the first project haven’t arrived in backers hands yet.

I have other demands on my hobby budget right now and coming soon.

2 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

Updated the first post.. in for a 75mm figure.. so many tempting options, Guard Captain, Monk, orc, regular guard... 

How'd you go in for just the one?  They wrote right under the 75mm character info that it must be added to a pledge, although I was skimming. 

The orc is tempting, but.... Yeah, hard to say since they haven't delivered on the first one yet. 

Edit: oh, it's a pledge option, totally missed that.. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe

In for the townsfolk and heroes - that Butcher.... :devil:

Megan called dibs on the bouncing cleric. <_<

The Auld Grump - waiting on one more player, and then I can perform a daring and heroic rescue, in my own particular... ... ...

Idiom, sir?

Idiom!

• Like 1

I'm going to wait a bit.  Apparently they're going to post pictures from the first Kickstarter soonish (they said "next week" on March 15th), so I'm curious as to how the 75mm figures will turn out.  An estimated $75 CAD for one 75mm mini with shipping is something that will require thinking for a day or two, as does the alternate idea of the Townsfolk set with one 75mm mini ($135 CAD estimated).

Orc is rather tempting, as is the Blacksmith and InnKeeper.

...Wonder if Rawkin (the guy with cart and horses) is available in 75mm....

I liked the villagers from the last one more, TBH, but I really like the character in that rat catcher, and I can definitely use these guys. I definitely plan on ordering a few of the last villagers if I see this through, too.

The Crates are unlocked...

I'm in for a townsfolk pledge, mostly for the cart, that will be fantastic to have while playing dnd. Might also spring for the monk, I do like him.

Considering adding the woodsman and innkeeper from the first campaign too.

I'm in for the Townsfolk pledge, need to see what has been added since the last time I looked. I'm considering getting the old shack. Don't think I have room for the tavern, though it is really cool.

15 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Does anyone know if there will be a late pledge for this kickstarter?

Reverend Shartan

Never mind.  I received a response from the creator.

Reverend Shartan

I'm backed for this, but my backing is starting to waver. Nothing against them, just mostly a funding issue. There's figures from the first KS and such that I'd like to get, too. At current exchange rates, it's about $115 for everything I'm really wanting, which averages to around $7.50 per figure. That includes the carriage in the Townsfolk set, and so that's not really a bad rate, but with all the other townsfolk I've gotten and will be getting from Bones, I'm just not entirely sure I can justify backing this, no matter how much I like the look and character of the miniatures as a whole. I've got about 24 hours to mull it over... :unsure:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Corsair
      This one ends tomorrow. It looks pretty neat
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wowbuildings/wow-in-space-the-re-entry-zone?ref=ksr_email_user_new_friend_backing
    • By Darsc Zacal
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/northumbriantin/the-curious-case-of-the-cats-of-crumptown-28mm-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

A fantastical range of White Metal Cat Miniatures representing the iconic fifth edition character classes of the world’s greatest roleplaying game!

No pics of the minis yet. Will update this post as more info is released.

• By alchemist
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/147900702/black-hallows-townsfolk/description
      About
      Welcome to Black Hallows, where light and dark wrestle for control, where travelers must be on their guard as even the most innocent looking old woman could be hiding a secret... let us introduce you to the Townsfolk of Black Hallows.
       The Townsfolk is a range of 14 non-player character miniatures, crafted from the highest grade, lead free Pewter (This quality of metal is normally only used for masters). They are available in either 28mm or 32mm and will come with their own base toppers and plastic bases. They are ideal for use in role playing games like D&D, Pathfinder, etc. Use them in your war games or collect and paint them for display.
      28mm miniatures have 25mm plastic bases and 32mm miniatures have 32mm plastic bases.
      We are also offering any of the characters in a 75mm resin version (see below). 75mm resin versions have a cast resin plinth.
      All of the manufacture will be done in-house at Z1 Design, which means as soon as the first batch is ready, we can ship. So early backers can expect early delivery. We will deliver in order of backer number and it is possible that we will ship the first batch before Christmas.
       The future of Black Hallows -
      We are currently working on further characters including both townsfolk and hero characters. The main Black Hallows game is scheduled for release in 2019. This will include 4 factions and the option of an extensive range of scenery and buildings.
      We also have an author working on the Novel of Black Hallows.
      We have an exciting year ahead of us!
      PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MAIN BLACK HALLOWS GAME TO BE RELEASED IN 2019 WILL USE 32mm MINIATURES
      75mm Resin Miniatures
      All of the Townsfolk are available at 75mm cast in resin. Centrifugal cast in a high quality polyurethane resin.
      Just add £18 per miniature to your pledge. You can choose as many as you like from the full range.
      Or you can pledge for the Collectors/ Painters Pledge which includes all 15 miniatures (including the Druid) for £240

Painted Samples
      The 75mm Blacksmith painted by Angel Giraldez
      Here we have the Druid & the Farmer's daughter painted by Elias Alonso
       We have to say a big thanks to Alfonso Prieto and Elias Alonso from Beholder factory for working with us to create this project.
    • By ced1106
      The KS is starting off with bases, and SG's unlock the terrain:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787010870/the-temple-of-chaos-quickstarter-resin-bases-and-terrain

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/163050832/animal-companion-miniatures-by-crititcouk-series-2?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      You spoke and we listened ...
      Thank you for checking out our project. After our first successful project we are back with the same great detailed miniatures but in the 28mm scale many of you wanted.
      Made from injection moulded PVC we were incredibly happy with the quality of our previous models, the factory we worked with were very efficient allowing us to start to fulfil our Kickstarter a full two months early.
      We worked hard to have our sculpts in place meaning as soon as we are successful we can spring into action and instruct the factory to start the process. 
      Core Box Alpha containing 2 large Animals (2inch base) and 6 medium Animals (1inch base) 28mm scale Models Hero Forge Models next to our Animal Miniatures Core Box Beta containing 2 large Animals (2inch base) and 6 medium Animals (1inch base) 28mm scale Models Hero Forge Models next to our Animal Miniatures Pledge for both to make a saving. Both Core Boxes containing 4 large Animals (2inch base) and 12 medium Animals (1inch base) 28mm scale Models Containing various animals and companions these 2 core sets are everything you loved in the first but with a 28mm scale. 
        At a staggering 7" tall and 10" long the mighty Tarrasaque attacks... Think yourself lucky, he was originally intended to be 14" in height!
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)