Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Sobek with a Khopesh (Reaper's 14381, Nefsokar Devourer of Ammat, painted up by Pingo )

That is one nasty looking Lizard Lad, a BEAUTIFULLY painted one, however. I love the background photo...I am a background fan. VERY WELL DONE!

I would never have thought of Sobek as sexy. I suppose you have the be an ancient Egyptian to find a crocodile erotic. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, malefactus said:

That is one nasty looking Lizard Lad, a BEAUTIFULLY painted one, however. I love the background photo...I am a background fan. VERY WELL DONE!

I would never have thought of Sobek as sexy. I suppose you have the be an ancient Egyptian to find a crocodile erotic. 

His name is apparently based on the old Egyptian word for "cause to be pregnant," which makes a sort of sense when you think about how the Nile River made Egypt fertile and even possible through its annual flooding of nutrient-rich silt and ready supply of fresh water.

• Like 4

I really like him. The cracks on his chin and chest just look like old scars which is suitable for a croc too. He's tough as well as sexy!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I like him.  maybe you can just say he is stoned to explain the cracks.  Although thats a serious trip!

Nice paint job and i love the sword!

• Like 2

Beautiful work! Love this sculpt, and I concur: while he's made as an ushabti, crocodiles aren't known for their flawlessly smooth skin. Excellent greens and yellows.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      After some work WIP here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/61706-xherman1964-tries-to-paint-a-crocodile/

My Beloved of Sobek.
      A nice friendly Crocodile who wants nothing more then to hug you.

I tried to copy the natural colours from a Nile Crocodile.
      Hope it worked.

Base is a Resin Scenic Jungle Base from Microarts Studios, a mini in itself.
      The mini is from Crocodile Games Wargods of Aegyptus range

A real joy to paint these two.
      Enjoy.

He will also try to compete in a beauty contest.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/58879-2015-annual-contest-non-reaper-entries/?p=1148361

• By Pingo
      Well, I've gone and done it. I got a YouTube channel and have started making a series of videos on matters of paint and painting.

Okay, I say "series of videos" all grandly, but at the moment it's one video and a planned syllabus. But I have more planned!

This is pretty much my first video ever. I was helped a great deal by my family members who have more experience in this.

The first video is a paint comparison, looking at one of the new Liquitex Acrylic Gouache paints (Quinacridone Magenta, PR122) and considering its suitability for miniatures painting.

Enjoy!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwonRqv0Xgk

• By ttuckerman
      Felicitations on your personal solstice!
    • By Brianuk
      Basic paint job on these, a yellowy green coloured primer then a green wash. Then a water effect with gloss mod podge. 

• By Pingo
      This is the Reaper Bones 77371 Basilisk sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It's quite small - about the size of a large dog, with a wonderfully grouchy visage.

I painted it up fairly quickly to illustrate a video about how yellow and black can be mixed to make greens. This was an example of the less vivid greens (For a really vivid yellow-and-black green, see my She-Hulk Show-Off thread). All the colors on the critter were mixed just from yellow (mostly Yellow Ochre, but also a little Hansa Yellow), black, and white.

The video is here, if anyone cares to watch it.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 233 Guests (See full list)