Demon Name Help

Decado

I recently painted Reaper #2644 Boar Demon to use in my campaign. I am currently in the process of creating him in PCGen and am looking for some help with coming up with a name. I have never used a demon, let alone named one, in my campaigns before but some one this bad deserves a name! Any help would be appreciated.

Decado

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to make up my Markov chain based name simulator, and give it some dictionaries of names.

Given a set of words, it extracts statistics and makes new words with similair look and feel.

Give it a list of german words for germanic sounding fantasy names, or welsh words for elfin names ( Welsh garbling is the main source of Elven in LOTR ).

Should write it up. It'd require Python to run, but then it's customizable. Or some nice gent with windows could do a py2exe for me to make a standalone app for windows...

Give it a list of german words for germanic sounding fantasy names, or welsh words for elfin names ( Welsh garbling is the main source of Elven in LOTR ).

I was under the impression that Tolkien's elvish was based more on Finnish than Welsh. I know Tolkien used a lot of names from British history (the names of the dwarves in The Hobbit were all Saxon), but I never thought his elvish looks Welsh...

Damon.

Fuzzywumpus

S'Nuf Ul'Uf Ugus (Fan's of Sesame Street should recognize this)

Het everzwijn (Dutch for Boar)

jabalí (Russian) - Could be said Ja - BAL - EE.... sounds kinda demonish?

Rgds,

jabalí (Russian) - Could be said Ja - BAL - EE.... sounds kinda demonish?

Uh, actually, that's a word we use in spanish for boar, but, since my knowledge of russian is almost null, (and the fact that their word for beer is also very similar to the one in spanish), it wouldn't be too surprising that this was another common origin word between both languages...