CAV 2nd Edition

well I hope they don't go and make half of the current models illegal like another game company we all know.

I don't see it happening, but a comfirmation on that would be nice. I'm a new player and would be reluctant to buy any more CAV stuff if there is a good chance most of it wont be legal when 2e comes out.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well I hope they don't go and make half of the current models illegal like another game company we all know.

I don't see it happening, but a comfirmation on that would be nice. I'm a new player and would be reluctant to buy any more CAV stuff if there is a good chance most of it wont be legal when 2e comes out.

I just want to re-iterate that your old models will still be viable when CAV 2.0 comes out. They may change slightly, for those of you that have their data cards memorised (I'm thinking Frank and Stuart here) but, here's an example.

Summer 2004 - I buy 2 Dictators, a Wraith and a Katana. I play Cav 1.0 a lot, and am a little nervous about CAV 2.0, the Rage © system and all that.

Future - I buy the newest CAV Whateverwecallit to add to my army, and pick up CAV 2.0 also. While there, I ask my FLGS to stock more CAV, Warlord, and DH product (Shameless plug :devil: ). I get home, tear through CAV 2.0, and immediately field my Katana, Wraith, Dictator and my Whateverwecallit into my first ever 2.0 game. Then I run back to my FLGS and hock everything I own for more reaper product....(Shameless, again :devil: ) And my buddies who won;t switch to 2.0? Well, I can still play 1.0, because the errata and FAQ's, not to mention the wealth of info on the boards and at Mil-Net (Plug again :devil: ) make doing so just as easy as before.

See? The only thing you have to fear is not being able to hock your stuff fast enough! :devil::devil:

:devil:

I buy 2 Dictators, a Wraith and a Katana

Bryan, why in the name of the Great Ogre would you want to buy those?!?! You buy 2 Manti and 2 Hawk 6's :o)

Storminator, you can bet your last milligram of t-gel that I'll be making CAV 1.3 datacards for the new units as they come out even if Reaper don't (which would be a terrible, and nigh on criminal, waste of an opportunity to support those who don't like the new rules).

With any luck, we can even run demos at cons using both rules systems and then let people decide which to buy :o) Okay, that probably won't happen, but it'd be nice.

The 2 dictators, wraith, and katana also have over 500 points of friends to bring along that the Mantis/Hawk list won't have points for. I'd rather have the first list with some air support and infantry. ::P:

Don't you guys read other game's forums? I always thought people were supposed to go psycho when a new edition is announced. You know, burn your collectins, make death threats towards the company, call anyone who disagrees a mindless drone, etc. Maybe I've been reading the wrong forums these days. ^_^

Well, one major difference is that Reaper doesn't produce a finite number of models (say, Mantis CAVs), and then toss the mold, so that, when all the Mantis are sold, that's it. Since the molds already exist, it makes more sense for Reaper to ensure that those models are truly playable under CAV 2.0.

I do suspect that point values and stats will change, to fit under the new game engine, and some figures which are currently less than useful might see some real improvement.

(I also suspect that, in the fullness of time, when units beyond JOR II start appearing, people will create "Classic CAV" stats for them and use them.)

Don't you guys read other game's forums? I always thought people were supposed to go psycho when a new edition is announced. You know, burn your collectins, make death threats towards the company, call anyone who disagrees a mindless drone, etc. Maybe I've been reading the wrong forums these days. ^_^

We lost two Black Lightning members that I know of, and everyone else has been reasonable and mostly mature. Pretty darn good, I'd say.

Don't worry Garou, I'll probably be doing that if I can get Reaper's blessings. With a little luck and the Great Ogre's blessing I might even be able to get them on cavhq.com as pdf's.

We lost two Black Lightning members that I know of, and everyone else has been reasonable and mostly mature. Pretty darn good, I'd say.

Yes very good in my opinnion. The two BL members we lost were in the red anyway. And talking with one he appeared to be on his way out anyway. The announcement was just an excuse.

BUt hey to each there own. And if the dont want to give the new rules a chance and leave beacuse of that, that is there decision.

Just because I think its a dumb one doesnt mean I am right.