Sign in to follow this  
Knight of the Dinner Table

Bears Head Miniatures - Fantasy Series 1

I'm not familiar with Bears Head Mini but whoever sculpts them seems to put in a lot of effort on some of the faces. The faces on the vampire and that bard look pretty amazing. Love how the sculptor gave the bard a head tilt. On the KS page they show the green sculpt without the tilt. That one change added so much character. Then there's that bull. I never thought about getting a normal bull mini but holy cow, this one is a thing of beauty. :wub:

259184964eaafcf244dae21ef9e8d5fb_origina

• Like 5

He seems to have a fondness for bovines. His highland cows and his minotaurs are wonderful too. 

• Like 3

Yeah his work seems really cool, I hope he's able to be successful enough to keep putting minis out. 

I will probably back this for the squirrel rider and dire squirrel if nothing else.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

I will probably back this for the squirrel rider and dire squirrel if nothing else.

Ok I jumped into this thread by following Pineapple's post & this right here is enough for me to look & back this one!! :lol:

Ended up pledge 12 bucks to the campaign as I liked a couple other figures as well. Squirrel power!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I'm not familiar with Bears Head Mini but whoever sculpts them seems to put in a lot of effort on some of the faces. The faces on the vampire and that bard look pretty amazing. Love how the sculptor gave the bard a head tilt. On the KS page they show the green sculpt without the tilt. That one change added so much character. Then there's that bull. I never thought about getting a normal bull mini but holy cow, this one is a thing of beauty. :wub:

259184964eaafcf244dae21ef9e8d5fb_origina

I think this is the nicest figure in the kickstarter too... But if you compare it to the group shot of all the figures it does look a bit.. small. 

• Like 3

That bull is awesome - your PC does not want to be in front of that!

But I need that squirrel rider.

Ratatoskr's Raiders for the win!

Let's see... you have a squirrel that carries insults from the eagle at the top of the World Tree (eagles eat squirrels) to the dragon at the root of the World Tree (dragons eat everything)  and then carries more insults back up again?

And you think that the dragon and the eagle are the scary ones? I would not want to see Ratatoskr in a bad mood... ::o:

The Auld Grump

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

That bull is awesome - your PC does not want to be in front of that!

But I need that squirrel rider.

As I need that bull. I always insert a tavern called the Bull & Maiden when I DM, key attraction being the "mechanical" bull to ride. This is a need for any future campaign.

• Like 6

I'm in for the bard, bull, squirrel rider, & dire squirrel so far. Kinda tempted to add the vampire, but I'd like to see a painted or primed version first. × Might add it anyway. I don't have anything like it and it's such a classic trope.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I'm in for the bard, bull, squirrel rider, & dire squirrel so far. Kinda tempted to add the vampire, but I'd like to see a painted or primed version first. × Might add it anyway. I don't have anything like it and it's such a classic trope.

Not to take away from this KS but Reaper does have the Vamp & victim in their DH line up:

02136: Rafael Maladoni 

Thou he is holding her in his arms, not as dynamic as the sculpt here.

Currently in for Dire squirrel, squirrel rider & possibly the druid & bard.

• Like 4

In for the Druid, Bard and Unicorn.

...And the bull. I've decided that his slightly diminutive stature explains his BAD attitude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5