Sign in to follow this  
Knight of the Dinner Table

Bears Head Miniatures - Fantasy Series 1

7 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

In for the Druid, Bard and Unicorn.

...And the bull. I've decided that his slightly diminutive stature explains his BAD attitude.

The size threw me a little also, but I just like the sculpt too much to skip it. A possible Napoleon complex is straight up gravy. :lol:

• Like 2

I was tempted by the bull, it’s a very nice sculpt, but I’ve already added several things from his online store when I backed his previous kickstarter.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cyradis said:

He seems to have a fondness for bovines. His highland cows and his minotaurs are wonderful too. 

Yeah, those minotaurs are on my wishlist.... I'll get them soon enough! 

He is reluctant to add lots of stretch goals as he wants to deliver quickly (feeding vampire minis have already been cast, at least a number of them), but ...

" I’ll chat to Chris and see if I can squeeze in some master casts. There’s an Enchantress, galloping Unicorn and a resin Highland Minotaur that needs casting in metal. "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

He is reluctant to add lots of stretch goals as he wants to deliver quickly (feeding vampire minis have already been cast, at least a number of them), but ...

" I’ll chat to Chris and see if I can squeeze in some master casts. There’s an Enchantress, galloping Unicorn and a resin Highland Minotaur that needs casting in metal. "

Seems like he's been running more frequent but small Kickstarters to get his work into the world. I suspect if he has sculpts that he wants out, and they don't end up in an SG, he'll find a way to make them available soon another way - either straight to store, or in a separate KS. 

For what it's worth, Bear's Head Miniatures is on my (surprisingly short after 7 years of kickstarting) trusted creators list based on past experience.

Good communication, good quality products, good deliveries.

A+, will back again.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maledrakh said:

For what it's worth, Bear's Head Miniatures is on my (surprisingly short after 7 years of kickstarting) trusted creators list based on past experience.

Good communication, good quality products, good deliveries.

A+, will back again.

This is my first time backing them, so that is very reassuring to hear. Thanks for posting about their track record on previous projects. Carries a lot of weight.

• Like 4

I may or may not back this one, although all the figures look great. I can second what Maledrakh said though. Bear's Head is kind and reliable. The fellow running it manages expectations well. He does a small project, doesn't over reach or over promise, he delivers what he does promise, and he communicates well. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

more fairy cavalry incoming, including new pledge levels.

Is that confirmed? I didn't see that on the page anywhere but maybe I missed something. 

• Like 1