Sign in to follow this  
Ratmaster2000

Is there a Stegosaurus mini out?

So, I know Wizkids has a T-Rex (I will be getting it soon), and a triceratops as well as both also having a version available in Bones 4. But, does anyone have a Stegosaurus mini available? I really do not want to use a Triceratops as a substitute for my NOT primeval world diorama if I can avoid it.

• Like 2

I think right now your stuck with the realistic toy dinos. I think Reaper does have one in their dino line.

Here it is:

20037.jpg

SKU# 20037

It may not be in production anymore thou, as I had to hit up miniature-giant's website to find it & yes technically it's not a Stego. This one is called a Thornback.

• Like 4

Came here to suggest the same. There are a few online sellers who still have the Thornback in stock.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Hmm, any idea if it is in scale to the wizkids or Bones 4 T-REX? It might work:) And I can always prime over it. Thanks Guys!

I've actually not seen one in person or in scale so I have no idea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alchemist said:

Ironwind Metals DF-052 Young Stegosaurus.

I don't know how big it is.

DF-052.JPG.55b212faef89223ce02b413764742466.JPG

I don't own this guy, but I do have the IWM triceratops, he might be comparable in size to that? I will dig him out and take a pic of him with a ruler tonight or tomorrow.

I notice his catalogue name is "Young Stegosaurus", and given the price difference on IWM's store, I doubt he'll be as big as the triceratops.

Edited by ManvsMini
New Info
  • Like 4

I got one from a Wild Republic Paint and Play set.

Reasonable mini actually, waiting for paint.

Maybe you can get your hands on a set?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor wild republic dino paint and play

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

Here are the pics of the IWM triceratops (minus the horns). He's a bit over 4.5" long. Had to size him up next to some minis to get his height. He's next to a Mantic Games skeleton and a Alkemy figure; both use a more realistic 28-30mm scale, not the "heroic" proportions of Reaper.

iwd-tric-01.thumb.jpg.c7fa9cb73ddd7a49002eead214e46a5d.jpg

iwd-tric-02.thumb.jpg.7f5246514b82cdf9e0f4a032a23895b7.jpg

I'd say the IWM stegosaurus is going to be on the smaller side.

• Like 6

I like that Alkemy figure. I think that would make a great Tabaxi stand in. I may have to seek that one out.

• Like 3

I highly recommend them for tabaxi/catfolk, if you can find them. They are a bit hard to get here in the States now, I got a large amount of them 8 years ago when they were being liquidated after Kraken Editions shut down. You might have to order direct from France.

• Like 2

If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, check them out. I picked up a TRex for Heroclix and they had several different sizes of dinos there.

• Like 1

There was one in the old D&D Minis Prepainted line. It was large sized so not too big but it is something. It was from the set Savage Encounters and was named Bloodspike Behemoth because some people don't like Dinosaurs in fantasy for some reason. It was a Rare mini too, but not a super expensive one IIRC.

GF

• Like 1

Maybe look for a Papo/Schleich or Safari one in a Toy Store.

When washed and using Reaper Brown Liner as a primer, you could easily repaint it.