You did a really great job!  I just wish that this mimi didn't remind me of a dogs head stuck out a car window, face and ears flapping madly!

The teal skin and the flesh around the mouth is really well done as is the transition between the colors!  Well done!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Thanks for the renewed interest in this thread.  To answer CosmoKramer,  I believe used Reaper Suntan Flesh & Caucasian Flesh on the mouth, used a brown wash over it, then went back and cleaned up/highlighted.  The transition from mouth to body is largely dry-brush/stippling.  The blue is actually Bright Turquoise with a blue wash over it.  Then I think I dry-brushed the turquoise back over it and manually painted more highlights.  I'll post the reverse when I get home.  My one regret I have on this guy, is not doing more cleanup on the model itself before painting.  

Edited by Szharvid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Szharvid said:

Thanks for the renewed interest in this thread.  To answer CosmoKramer,  I believe used Reaper Suntan Flesh & Caucasian Flesh on the mouth, used a brown wash over it, then went back and cleaned up/highlighted.  The transition from mouth to body is largely dry-brush/stippling.  The blue is actually Bright Turquoise with a blue wash over it.  Then I think I dry-brushed the turquoise back over it and manually painted more highlights.  I'll post the reverse when I get home.  My one regret I have on this guy, is not doing more cleanup on the model itself before painting.  

Thanks. I just picked one of these up and I'd like to get the coloring as close to the box art as I can.

• Like 2