25mm sci-fi miniatures?

Chrome

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The initial release will be a 1/60th scale Dictator. †Then, probably the Rhino. †After those two bad mamma-jammas are out of the pipe, I'll start concentrating on anti-infantry CAVs, namely the Vanquisher, Puma, and Knight. †

The Vanquisher is the one I can't wait to get to. †Can you imagine one Vanq, surprising an infantry company marching to the front? †Oh, the humanity. †Oh, the slaughter. :angry: :angry: :angry:

And to think that I used to be an infantryman, too.

Best,

John Bear Ross

just a little buzz for you they are going to try and get the 25 mm game out by next spring. dont hold your breath.  And who knows when the resin CAVs and larger vehicles come out.  but considering thier rediculous movement rate they would be kinda restricted in the game but who knows

I have some scifi figures that date back some 20+ years - 25mm humans (male and female), various aliens, storm trooper types, power armor and vacuum suit soldiers.  Don't ask me who made them.  This was during the late 70's-early 80's Star Wars heydey.  Cannot find anything close them nowadays.  I don't why Reaper couldn't produce scifi types.  They do very well with the fantasy types.  I know I would buy them.

I would definitly buy them (I can see the money flying out of the ol' pocket book even as we speak!) Something that could be used with various sci-fi games. whether it be Star Wars, Rifts, Reaper millinium  :D . Yes, I read the story in my Reaper game box set. The personal diary story...great way to bring the game into the 23rd century!

Lady Tam

I have dredged everywhere in search of characterful sci-fi individuals. VOID has a couple. GW has become mired in its own feedback: miniature is exaggerated based on exaggerated artwork (that's OK) But then new artwork comes out, based on and exaggerating the miniature- then a miniature comes out, exaggerated of course.....

One or two GW miniatures are exceptional. But this idea permeating the (young teenage?) market  that "GW sets the standard" is patently false- they equate exaggeration and encrustation with quality. I prefer a bit closer to true scale, with weapons that are beefy but don't resemble clubs- a bigger-than true shotgun for eg can look more impressive, but one that could fire a christmas ham out the end is just toyish.

I also don't like to see alledgedly serious sci-fi warriors weighed down with their own weight in personal accessories and stunning jewellry. Leave the handbag at home, boys. Of course, in general fantasy, you NEED all those potent magical artifacts and heirlooms :)

Snipers on the other hand...... oooh, I like snipers. And the old Legions of Steel miniatures, while not always up to reaper scratch, mostly had an authenticity in detail and gritty-real feel that I deeply love. 'Parently the sculptors immersed themselves in WW2 uniform/equipment.

Oh, and greatcoats. Need them, too.

A line of Heroic Scale sci-fi miniatures has been planned. In fact, Bobby Jackson is currently sculpting the very first one, a Terran Officer in Dress Uniform with Greatcoat.

As this whole project is in its infancy I can't tell you what the line will be called yet or what the blisters will look like but it's definately happening.

The figures will be along the lines our of Dark Heaven PC figures, lots of personality.