25mm sci-fi miniatures?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me old and senile, but I have been gaming (of all types) for 25 years now.  Minis are great for both roleplaying and wargaming.  Minis give you a good sense of scale for most situations and add (for a lack of a better term) a little realism.  But it is what ever you are comfortable with.

I hate playing in games that don't use miniatures for combat.  It just adds so much.  I don't however understand people who feel the need to use minis for everything.  The old I've gotta have the perfect mini for the old sage NPC who will never actually get into combat thing.  As much as I like the prostitute miniature when am I going to use it?  

I almost never run without minis and because I'm use tho using them they are not the least bit of a bother.

I could come up with a situation in which to use the Prostitute mini, but that's not really the sort of game I'd like to be playing, thanks.

As for Imperator, does anyone have any inside info on what the ships look like, what their general feel is?  I wasn't too impressed with the couple pics in the CAV rulebook, and beyond that, I'm completely drawing a blank.  Everything I can come up with looks either like something from GW or Star Trek.

I assume you meant "Imperator."  If you didn't, I'm ignoring it.  :P

All I know about Imperator is what all the AOs at Origins know. It's a space game set in the CAV universe, and will use the Damage Track system, same as CAV.  As far as anything else, your guess is good as mine.

All I know about Imperator is what all the AOs at Origins know.
Hate to burst your bubble Frosch but that's pretty much common knowledge.  I know its been talked about on the mil-net forums before.

It's a space game set in the CAV universe, and will use the Damage Track system, same as CAV.
And that's about all that anyone knows about it, other than it won't be coming out anytime soon.  Reaper is stretched thin enough with CAV, Warlord and DFA.  I don't think they want to pull a FASA and push a bunch of games out and not be able to support them.

Imperator will be the 3rd game from now to come out, and it will be after the CAV skirmish game (according to Matt at Origins).

Everything in the CAV universe is to use Damage Tracks, or somehting very similar - which is cool because I like the speed of the system.

As for the space ships, the ones in the rulebooks are the only ones I have seen although Jimbo did inform me of a concept he came up with. I can't remember the physical description right now but the concept rocked!!!

As I said, I'm a squid descended from crabs.... so Imperator takes my fancy more than a skirmish game but I don't much care... CAV is CAV to me - it's all cool! :o)

Nah boys, bubble head... British military slang for Submariner, unless I am really missing my mark, right frank? Hey at least he is not a skimmer (surface vessel sailor)

Me married to the USN... somehow they do not issue wifes in the sea bag but at least no children yet, which means kids do not get to see daddy go every so often for months on end... but I am amazed at how much the birds resent it.

Nadin