Lady Tam

English-elf translator

Looking for a good english-elf tranlator. Would prefer a web site that I can co to and type in what I want and get the answer.

LT

Is this Tolkien elvish or D&D elvish? Which isn't D&D elvish just a copy of Tolkiens elvish?

What I just saw on that site wasn't the Tolkien variety (at least the one I've seen phonetic spellings for), so I'd assume D&D. :huh:

Hmm, so far so good. Some pages I am going to print. Maybe I with make a conglomerate of what I want.....great another project for myself! <_< Going to drive myself nuts! :wacko:

The trouble with information on the Elvish languages of Middle Earth is that only a fraction of JRRT's notes have been released to the public. The Tolkien Estate has no plans to release them any time soon, either.

I have been desperately searching through my links. I had an English to Elvish translator that was written by someone in Sweden. I know its out there somewhere. It was based on Tolkien and would translate English directly into Elvish and you could select which version of Elvish you wanted to use. I thought there was a link on the Ardalambion site (which is an excellent site in and of itself for this):

http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/

But I can't seem to find it now.