Sign in to follow this  
Dan d'Lyon

Starship III - Fully 3D Printable 28mm Spaceships

Can't believe I missed this one until now.  I didn't have a printer during their previous projects, but I'm definitely in on this one.  Less than 48 hours to go.  Link added.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2nddynasty/starship-iii-fully-3d-printable-28mm-spaceships?ref=user_menu

Seek adventure amongst the stars! Explore strange new worlds, smuggle illicit cargos across the hyperspace lanes or launch a space to ground assault, in your Scout Ship, Transport, or Space Shuttle!

Somewhere in the outer reaches... Somewhere in the outer reaches...

Starship III introduces three original, fully 3D-printable spaceships scaled for 28mm play in your favourite Tabletop RPGs or Wargames. Complete with OpenLOCK-compatible modular interiors, the ships are detailed inside and out and a variety of configurations can be used to customise the deck plans.

Each ship comes detailed inside and out (Scout ship standard interior shown here) Each ship comes detailed inside and out (Scout ship standard interior shown here)

As the campaign unfolds, new starship hull variants and modules will be unlocked as stretch goals to bring even more variety to your game and increase the pledge value for everyone.

368a932b05d39c1e91d24965445ecaf6_origina

Each pledge is designed to be printed on your own 3D printer or via a print service, allowing you to print as many parts as you like, for non-commercial use. Deliverable files will be made available digitally in STL zip packs via DriveThruRPG.com (see Printing Requirements details below for print bed size requirements)

a6b413dcae312f0f246a275929d59ffb_origina
Hangar 01: Space Shuttle Alpha Hangar 01: Space Shuttle Alpha

Need a way to get your units from the ground to orbit? This space shuttle is fully modular and can be configured as a dropship, cargo shuttle, or even a small starship. The stock standard aerodynamic fuselage comes complete with manoeuvring thrusters, sensors, landing gear and articulated main thrusters for VTOL operations.

47045fae6d41ba3e4d6c48fefabbb3d1_origina
The standard layout below is included in any pledges that include the shuttle The standard layout below is included in any pledges that include the shuttle
Modular standard deck plan of shuttle interior. Modular standard deck plan of shuttle interior.
Hangar 02: Scout Ship Beta Hangar 02: Scout Ship Beta

Explore deep space and final frontiers with this full 28mm scale scout ship, designed stock-standard for long haul endurance scout missions. Includes two manned turrets for defending in rough territory, a full sensor suite package for scanning new systems, a well equipped engineering section, cargo hold, living quarters and a 5-station forward bridge.

b1b7176c4a1201efc98bcae6ad64e033_origina
These are the unique parts that compose the scout ship interior, which come as a part of any scout ship pledge These are the unique parts that compose the scout ship interior, which come as a part of any scout ship pledge
Closeup of the Engineering Standard Deck Plan for the Scout Ship Beta Closeup of the Engineering Standard Deck Plan for the Scout Ship Beta
Hangar 03: Transport Delta Hangar 03: Transport Delta

Cruise the hyperspace lanes in this high-speed transport. Haul cargo - legal or illicit - with two massive engines to get you from point A to point B. Manoeuvre with the fluidity of repulsor technology and defend yourself with manned or unmanned turrets and a powerful shield generator.

de6c32de00ba4cbdb9de823394abfba1_origina
60d40840d37b38aa2a1ab5bd43f396cb_origina

Edited by Dan d'Lyon
  • Like 5

Seen this one the day I left for LVO last week. I was gonna get in on it then but totally spaced it off. Love the design of the starship even if one of them have a certain "bird of prey from a warring galaxy far far away " feel to them. While my Starfinder Society game at the FLGS is on hold due to the lack of people, this is something I may have to look into for the PC's starship & such.

• Like 2

They also feel like they'd drop right into the Elite:Dangerous universe too... 

I like that they have interiors as well...

Got a link by chance? 

Edited by WhiteWulfe

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Am I nuts to be considering this before I even have a 3D printer?

Nope, not at all.  It's how a few people here have started - see something neat, acquire it... Then get the printer later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Nope, not at all.  It's how a few people here have started - see something neat, acquire it... Then get the printer later. 

Exactly!  I'm guilty of that myself.  And these really do look nice.  I'm in for the lot.

• Like 2

Always did like this design for the YT-1300 freighters (from the Star Wars rpg (West End Games days)

5730a12b5f02772d2cf81a2dbe95db78.jpg?b=t

With the freighter option & other options in this KS, you could almost replicate it. I knew the name Starship II & the layout of the renders (the line green screens) looked familiar. I bought/downloaded a couple of sets from them off Drivethru a few weeks back. I picked up the pop up security gun tile & a generic door & arch. Great files to work with. Still on the fence with this one & with time running out, I'm not sure if I'll back or not. If my Starfinder Society game was a go every week, it'd be a no brainer but currently, it'd just be a .stl file on my computer.

• Like 4

Well, I jumped in for the 3 ship pack. Hope that their history of good delivery holds up. It is nice to see that they already have printed versions to see.

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Always did like this design for the YT-1300 freighters (from the Star Wars rpg (West End Games days)

5730a12b5f02772d2cf81a2dbe95db78.jpg?b=t

With the freighter option & other options in this KS, you could almost replicate it. I knew the name Starship II & the layout of the renders (the line green screens) looked familiar. I bought/downloaded a couple of sets from them off Drivethru a few weeks back. I picked up the pop up security gun tile & a generic door & arch. Great files to work with. Still on the fence with this one & with time running out, I'm not sure if I'll back or not. If my Starfinder Society game was a go every week, it'd be a no brainer but currently, it'd just be a .stl file on my computer.

Actually , according to Wookiepedia, this beauty would be closer to the YT1000 class than the 1300.

Speaking of Wookies, I'm gonna have to do a Chewie mini for the asymmetrical  transport.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 2:16 AM, Corsair said:

Am I nuts to be considering this before I even have a 3D printer?

This is where I am. I'm in for All Ships, but now need to budget and plan for a 3d printer. Good thing the wife wants a 3d printer too. She is actually an artist that was worked in 3d before (physical sculpts as well as digital for CNC routers) so she was an easy sell on the plan.

• Like 4

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cygnwulf
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnwrot/mystery-dice?ref=user_menu

Just a fun little surprise I happened across earlier.  No pictures of the dice and it's ending today, but some really nice ones on their store and I've friends who own some so I thought I'd give it a go.  
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rebelminis/rebel-minis-motorpool-kickstarter/description
      Story
      Welcome to our newest Kickstarter! You'll notice this one is a little different. In this Kickstarter we are offering the STL Files of some of our classic models for you to print on your home 3D printers. These files, created and designed by John Bear Ross, offer tons of combinations and entrance into an amazing realm of sci-fi models. These models come scaled in 15mm AND 28mm!
      Now, keep in mind, these are for personal use, not for commercial or resale. We own the copyrights and designs but for the sake of this Kickstarter, we are allowing the files to go to you, our loyal supporters.
      So why are we doing this Kickstarter?
      Short answer…We are raising funds to increase our in-house printing capabilities. This will allow us to develop more detailed models, models in larger scales, and bring out even more product lines. Rebel Minis is growing and we want you guys to be part of it.
      But we can’t do it without you, so please consider pledging, and spreading the word!
      Thank you,
      Mike and JBR
      The Reward
      We have only one. ALL the files listed to be available for one pledged amount.  You get the files to everything you see scaled in both 15mm and 28mm.
      Your pledge of $40 gets the whole kit n’ caboodle.  Once again, this is for PERSONAL USE! You do not have permission to distribute, copy or sell the files. *C'mon man, you know that ain’t cool!*
      Stretch Goals
      If we reach our goals, we will unlock stretch goals. These files will be added to the reward and download at the same time.
      Delivery
      After the Kickstarter ends, and if it is successful, you will get a survey to confirm your email. Later, when they are ready, we will email you the links for download.
      The Files
      Look at all these Glorious Files, they can be yours!
      Can I print the weapons and vehicles on FDM and Resin Printers? 
      Yes, everything should be printable on both types of printers found in common use. Most of our prints are optimized for desktop resin printers like the Anycubic Photon or the Elegoo Mars, but FDM should be able to support most builds. If we encounter files that are too large for resin printers, we will happily go back and supply sliced and optimized files to be printed in smaller chunks
      Gun drones, gun carriages, and weapons. 28mm and 15mm. The  Gun Carriages and brand new and have never been issued.
      15mm Painted Gunbot examples Gunbots and Gun Carriages Painted Example of 15mm Scaled Gun Turret The Sci-Fi Cycle build is a Fan Favorite. Weapon mounts on each side could be scaled for a variety of weapons.
      15mm Painted Examples of teh Sci-Fi Cycles With a variety of uses, The Combat Flatbed is a main stay on the future battlefield. The Hull can use the APC Treads from our other armored units, or use the original lifters as shown.
      15mm Painted Examples of the combat flatbed  MATVs come in both 15mm Classic and 28mm Upscale versions. Weapons turret has options for an M240G, M2 .50 Cal, M134 Gatling, and Mk47 Striker Grenade Machinegun. The MATV Truck is a new addition.
      15mm Apache Painted Example MATV Breakdown The Sahadeen's ride of choice, the Gila Fast Attack Vehicle. In 15mm Classic and 28mm Upscale. Weapon modifications for a variety of scenarios.
      Gila 15mm Painted example Gila Breakdown The Earth Force APC with a new grav module, treads that can also be used on the Combat Flatbed, the classic turret, and a double-barrel variant turret. There is a lot of flexibility in this model in both 28mm and 15mm scales.
      15mm Painted APC Wolverine Example APC Variations APC Breakdown  The Titan builds have multiple connection points to create multiple builds with the APC and the Light Tank.
      15mm Titan Build (painted) 15mm Scaled Titan APC Painted Example Titan ApC Grav Build Titan Track Build   Titan LTH Painted Titan LTT The Merka has been one of our best sellers in 15mm. New to this line is the battle-tank-sized grav kit has well as new small guns for the turret.
      15mm Scale Painted Examples 28mm Scale Print Merka Variations  Stretch Goals
      Below are our stretch goals and if we reach those goals, new STL files will be unlocked! Take a look!
       If we reach $2000, All Motor Pool pledges will receive the STL files for the Brand New Titan Battle Tank!
      Titan Battle Tank Stretch Goal If we reach $3000, All Motor Pool pledges will receive the STL files for the Brand New Mega Merka Tank... Madness!
      Mega Merka Stretch Goal!  
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      My LFGS had a painting contest on its FB Star Wars Legion page a bit ago.  2 weeks to paint up a squad of at least 4 figures. As creativity counted, I decided to set my white and black paint aside and paint something besides Stormtroopers.
      I took a look through the Rebel scum I'd acquired and really like the poses and sculpts for the Rebel Veterans.
      I'd planned to do the whole box of 7 figures, but (as anyone who's seen my WIPs knows) I'm not the fastest painter.  I'm lucky if I can get one figure done in two weeks.
      So I quickly decided to just do 4 figures for the contest.

I liked how they came out, and they did get "best painted" in the contest,  so I guess they are alright.

It then took me another 6 weeks to finally finish the last 3 figures (see?  Sloooooow.)
      But the whole unit is finally done.

Should probably read the rules on them sometime soon.....

Now back to all those Stormtroopers.

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-secrets-of-gullet-cove

Painting Polygons

NeW Animal Adventures Kickstarter launches January 28, 2020!

Set sail for a mysterious portside city where magic and adventure await...

21 brand new minis (including a Kickstarter exclusive!)
      Fully illustrated, hardback sourcebook with artwork from leading industry artists
      Collection of maps

With a host of colourful (and questionable!) non-playable characters, compelling locations, and a collection of multi-part adventures, Secrets of Gullet Cove opens up a brand new universe for you to explore.

Don't miss the Kickstarter launch at 4PM GMT/8AM PST on January 28th 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/81524567?ref=evzsas&token=8eaedf7a&fbclid=IwAR0J91XxQUE6SE1HQcvjOr2oZnAZoneIL31yr6GnwV9G2yPSiVSP-0tCQzg

About
      Welcome to the Great Wall draft page – the campaign is not live yet, but we will be gradually adding more and more information about the game here! We are incredibly excited to hear your feedback, so please let us know what you think. If it looks interesting to you - make sure to click the "Notify me on launch" button!
      The Great Wall is a new major board game from Awaken Realms (creators of Nemesis, Tainted Grail, Etherfields and many other acclaimed products). Players will take the roles of generals of an ancient oriental empire who lead the defence against ruthless hordes. You will need to gather allied advisors, manage your workers, recruit armies and, together with other players, raise and defend the Great Wall! As the game progresses, you will often need to co-operate or negotiate with other players, but make no mistake – there can be only one winner!
      This fresh worker (and soldier!) placement game for 1-4 players faces them with many difficult choices and often pushes them to interact with each other. You will be assigning your workers to eleven different locations, such as Tea House, Quarry, Messenger Post, or Barracks, using special Command cards that have additional effects. Production in locations activates ONLY when all their slots are filled, but filling them all by yourself can result in a penalty. On top of that, players can buy overseers who will give additional output every time a location becomes activated. This creates a lot of involving long- and short-term strategies.
       Each player starts with one unique General, characterized by their asymmetric power, as well as the production level. From there, you will further customize your economic engine and fine-tune your strategy by recruiting advisors who provide additional bonuses.
      Eventually, a Wall Defence phase beings, where players place previously build armies on Horde Cards – earning Honor (Victory points) and looting resources from the defeated troops. This requires smart management of three types of units: Archers, Spearmen and Cavalry. Players place these soldiers one by one, playing the Tactics cards that create another layer of interaction.
      Gain meditation by shooting with the Zen Archer, then spend meditation on a Cavalry Squad Leader to move your Cavalry around the battlefield faster, and – finally – finish off by getting extra Honor for each of the Cavalry’s engagements thanks to the Banner Holder. There are endless possibilities for great combos and memorable plays.
      On top of that, your Advisors and General might give your troops extra abilities, such as shooting twice or looting twice the resources!
      All of the above makes the Great Wall one of our most strategically involving designs that will be appreciated by many different groups of players: those who love euro-styled games with their intricate economies and engine-building, those who love over-the-table play, bargaining and negotiations – and finally, those who simply like to wage war on a beautiful map.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)