Sign in to follow this  
Dan d'Lyon

Starship III - Fully 3D Printable 28mm Spaceships

Can't believe I missed this one until now.  I didn't have a printer during their previous projects, but I'm definitely in on this one.  Less than 48 hours to go.  Link added.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2nddynasty/starship-iii-fully-3d-printable-28mm-spaceships?ref=user_menu

Seek adventure amongst the stars! Explore strange new worlds, smuggle illicit cargos across the hyperspace lanes or launch a space to ground assault, in your Scout Ship, Transport, or Space Shuttle!

Somewhere in the outer reaches... Somewhere in the outer reaches...

Starship III introduces three original, fully 3D-printable spaceships scaled for 28mm play in your favourite Tabletop RPGs or Wargames. Complete with OpenLOCK-compatible modular interiors, the ships are detailed inside and out and a variety of configurations can be used to customise the deck plans.

Each ship comes detailed inside and out (Scout ship standard interior shown here) Each ship comes detailed inside and out (Scout ship standard interior shown here)

As the campaign unfolds, new starship hull variants and modules will be unlocked as stretch goals to bring even more variety to your game and increase the pledge value for everyone.

368a932b05d39c1e91d24965445ecaf6_origina

Each pledge is designed to be printed on your own 3D printer or via a print service, allowing you to print as many parts as you like, for non-commercial use. Deliverable files will be made available digitally in STL zip packs via DriveThruRPG.com (see Printing Requirements details below for print bed size requirements)

a6b413dcae312f0f246a275929d59ffb_origina
Hangar 01: Space Shuttle Alpha Hangar 01: Space Shuttle Alpha

Need a way to get your units from the ground to orbit? This space shuttle is fully modular and can be configured as a dropship, cargo shuttle, or even a small starship. The stock standard aerodynamic fuselage comes complete with manoeuvring thrusters, sensors, landing gear and articulated main thrusters for VTOL operations.

47045fae6d41ba3e4d6c48fefabbb3d1_origina
The standard layout below is included in any pledges that include the shuttle The standard layout below is included in any pledges that include the shuttle
Modular standard deck plan of shuttle interior. Modular standard deck plan of shuttle interior.
Hangar 02: Scout Ship Beta Hangar 02: Scout Ship Beta

Explore deep space and final frontiers with this full 28mm scale scout ship, designed stock-standard for long haul endurance scout missions. Includes two manned turrets for defending in rough territory, a full sensor suite package for scanning new systems, a well equipped engineering section, cargo hold, living quarters and a 5-station forward bridge.

b1b7176c4a1201efc98bcae6ad64e033_origina
These are the unique parts that compose the scout ship interior, which come as a part of any scout ship pledge These are the unique parts that compose the scout ship interior, which come as a part of any scout ship pledge
Closeup of the Engineering Standard Deck Plan for the Scout Ship Beta Closeup of the Engineering Standard Deck Plan for the Scout Ship Beta
Hangar 03: Transport Delta Hangar 03: Transport Delta

Cruise the hyperspace lanes in this high-speed transport. Haul cargo - legal or illicit - with two massive engines to get you from point A to point B. Manoeuvre with the fluidity of repulsor technology and defend yourself with manned or unmanned turrets and a powerful shield generator.

de6c32de00ba4cbdb9de823394abfba1_origina
60d40840d37b38aa2a1ab5bd43f396cb_origina

Edited by Dan d'Lyon
  • Like 5

Seen this one the day I left for LVO last week. I was gonna get in on it then but totally spaced it off. Love the design of the starship even if one of them have a certain "bird of prey from a warring galaxy far far away " feel to them. While my Starfinder Society game at the FLGS is on hold due to the lack of people, this is something I may have to look into for the PC's starship & such.

• Like 2

They also feel like they'd drop right into the Elite:Dangerous universe too... 

I like that they have interiors as well...

Got a link by chance? 

Edited by WhiteWulfe

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Am I nuts to be considering this before I even have a 3D printer?

Nope, not at all.  It's how a few people here have started - see something neat, acquire it... Then get the printer later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Nope, not at all.  It's how a few people here have started - see something neat, acquire it... Then get the printer later. 

Exactly!  I'm guilty of that myself.  And these really do look nice.  I'm in for the lot.

• Like 2

Always did like this design for the YT-1300 freighters (from the Star Wars rpg (West End Games days)

5730a12b5f02772d2cf81a2dbe95db78.jpg?b=t

With the freighter option & other options in this KS, you could almost replicate it. I knew the name Starship II & the layout of the renders (the line green screens) looked familiar. I bought/downloaded a couple of sets from them off Drivethru a few weeks back. I picked up the pop up security gun tile & a generic door & arch. Great files to work with. Still on the fence with this one & with time running out, I'm not sure if I'll back or not. If my Starfinder Society game was a go every week, it'd be a no brainer but currently, it'd just be a .stl file on my computer.

• Like 4

Well, I jumped in for the 3 ship pack. Hope that their history of good delivery holds up. It is nice to see that they already have printed versions to see.

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Always did like this design for the YT-1300 freighters (from the Star Wars rpg (West End Games days)

5730a12b5f02772d2cf81a2dbe95db78.jpg?b=t

With the freighter option & other options in this KS, you could almost replicate it. I knew the name Starship II & the layout of the renders (the line green screens) looked familiar. I bought/downloaded a couple of sets from them off Drivethru a few weeks back. I picked up the pop up security gun tile & a generic door & arch. Great files to work with. Still on the fence with this one & with time running out, I'm not sure if I'll back or not. If my Starfinder Society game was a go every week, it'd be a no brainer but currently, it'd just be a .stl file on my computer.

Actually , according to Wookiepedia, this beauty would be closer to the YT1000 class than the 1300.

Speaking of Wookies, I'm gonna have to do a Chewie mini for the asymmetrical  transport.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 2:16 AM, Corsair said:

Am I nuts to be considering this before I even have a 3D printer?

This is where I am. I'm in for All Ships, but now need to budget and plan for a 3d printer. Good thing the wife wants a 3d printer too. She is actually an artist that was worked in 3d before (physical sculpts as well as digital for CNC routers) so she was an easy sell on the plan.

• Like 4