Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bluecrowlaura

77048 Mocking Beast

Recommended Posts

For a quickly done piece the Bad Attitude Chest turned out TERRIFIC...the Fellow has a lot of charm, some really serious dental issues, & a BEAUTIFUL paint job & base.

VERY NICELY DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Citrine
      Recently I bought a bottle of the brown GW contrast paint (Fyreslayer Flesh), and decided to try it out on this large Reaper metal bear (SKU 14452).  It took less than an hour to finish, so color me impressed.  I have all the Army painter quickshades, I am going to try some of those soon on other speed paints, just to see if I can get similar results.
      I painted the bear white first, then used the contrast paint, in some places I had to spot fix areas where it t go into every crevasse.  Then I painted the mouth, eyes claws and base. and finished it off with some pre-made plant matter.
       


    • By rubegon
      I have a few WIPs that are taking forever, but I needed an alternate Kuo Toa faction for D&D tonight, so I went for it and “speed painted” these in about 4 hours.
       
      I used both BCA Pink *and* Drow Nipple Pink as the main skin and spine colors!  Do I get bonus points for that?
       

       

       
      Here are the ones I did a few months before that took about 4 times longer over several weekends.
       

    • By Rob Dean
      After yesterday's work on the Bones 4 scenics, I dug around and finished off the first of a set of resin buildings I got from an Apocalypse Miniatures Kickstarter a year or two back:
       

       

       
      I also finished basing up a seriously vintage (ca. 1974) Minifig Ent:
       

       

       
      And, finally touched up basing and finished off my Gencon speed paints:
       

       

       
      From left to right, a Word preliminary round figures, a Reaper preliminary round, a Wyrd final round, and a Reaper final round. (So, 45 minutes on the preliminaries and 60 minutes on the finals...I added names to the two preliminaries; retitled the Word final, and attached the Reaper final to a Frostgrave-themed snow and rock base.)
       
    • By Brianuk
      Bit of a kitbash here. The chap with the spear is from Alternative Armies. The others are a mix of Warlord orc heads (previously Wargames Factory) with two frostgrave arms and bodies,  one Oathmark goblin, and one Oathmark dwarf heavy infantryman.
       
      Have managed to get a really quick palette going for speed painting orcs. I prime them by brush with Vallejo dark grey primer, then use Scale 75 black metal for the armour, Vallejo hammered copper for decoration and metal details, dark red for cloth and dark brown for leather. The skin is Vallejo Model Colour Heavy Warm Grey. Then the whole model gets a black ink wash and I pick out teeth etc in light grey. These models took about 90 minutes altogether, ex drying time. 





    • By Crowley
      As I said on my Saproling's topic, I had today off, so...  I decided that in addition to the saprolings, I'd knock out some tabletop quality ghouls. They were already assembled and primed, so the first thing was to paint the undead flesh. I used Vampire Shadow for their sickly skin. It didn't quite match the ghoul I'd painted before, but it was close enough. I sadly didn't always take good notes...

      After that I decided that as these were primarily going to be gaming ghouls, and not for a unified force for Kings of War, they'd each get their own clothing color: Red, Green, Blue, Tan, and Dark Brown. I used Rusty Red, Muddy Olive, Rich Indigo, Desert Stone, and Ruddy Flesh. The eyes were all painted with Walnut Brown, as were the spikes sticking out of them. 


      Then I washed them all with a mix of 4 parts sepia wash and 1 part black wash. 

      A little bit of highlighting with the base clothing color, then it was time to paint the bases black, and then flock them! Oh, and a bit of watered down rusty red around the mouth.

       
      Oh, and aged pewter on the spikes and the cleaver. 
       

      Looking good for such quick work.  
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 3 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...