Sign in to follow this  
Jasper_the_2nd

Jasper vs. Rabbit Season

So, a very long time ago, somewhere around the turn of the millennia, when I started buying minis (not counting that dragon I bought in the early 90s...which I should get around to painting one of these days....) I came across a miniature that would change the course of history!  Well, my history anyway, because if I hadn't seen it I likely wouldn't be posting about all these other minis I bought because if it, not to mention all the butterfly bunny effects that that one change would have made to the timeline....but I digress. One that faithful day I spotted the legendary (and apparently back in print!!) Doom Bunny from Ral Partha.  I, of course, had to have it.  It then sat (as is usual) unpainted for years.  Then one day, while GMing a campaign, I decided to run an entire rabbit themed night as we were playing on Easter Monday.  The campaign either had (I think, unless this was the first animal night....I think the Bovine Liberation Army came first....) , or ended up having an animal theme for a bit so all was good.  I painted up the Doom Bunny and my wife painted up 4 Reaper bunnies from some familiar set or another (must have been one with weasels in it, I needed a bunch of those for a Hackmaster thing).
I had a very fun time running the bunnies (unlike the BLA final encounter...anyone remember how long it took to create a high level minotaur blackguard in 3.x?  It got critted 3 times in the first round and went down in the second. It got to act once and rolled a 2 or something....but I'm not bitter....) and since that time have gone out of my way to collect rabbit figures of all sorts.

So, long story, er, long, it's time to start thinking about painting the rest.  A big motivation for this is that I recently went in on a Killer Rabbits kickstarter and have a horde more coming soon.  The other motivator to get going was Reaper releasing  03929: Drangus, Duckman Warrior, the hereditary enemy of bunnies everywhere!

So step one was to find them.  I spent a good hour digging through boxes and I "think" I found them all (excluding any painted exchange figures I may have received due to mentioning in EVERY survey I've done for years).

rabbit_horde_2019_02_13.thumb.jpg.52a8a48134a5818c6e637a1ca20e3913.jpg

So at the front we have the 4 Reaper bunnies and the Doom Bunny.

The grey resin is Bombshell, as are their little doom bunny and jackelope (it still counts!) sidekicks.  The right side are all Darksword. The left in front are Oathsworn.  Back left there are 6 spear bunnies that I believe were Ral Partha from the same era as the Doom Bunny (they have the same shields).  And at the back is Nibbles, from CMoN's Arcadia Quest, which a friend ordered for me with their KS order.

BTW, if you know of any other bunny figs, feel free to mention them here, or PM me directly if you prefer.  I'm always on the lookout for more. ::D:

Up next will be bagging all the multipart figs now that I've got them sorted, then figuring out what to start with. That may not be a quick process, but I'll (theoretically) get there.

• Like 18

The bunnies with the same shields (round with carrot) are Ral Partha Thumpers. I painted up a set of spearbunnies from them awhile back, although I swapped out the spears for weapons from the Reaper weapons packs. Which fit them quite nicely, thier paws were open enough most weapon handles slide right in.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TripleH said:

Greebo Games has a few bunnies in their store.

& they awesome little figures too!! I snagged a couple out of Goodwill box (Frankenstein & a Vampire). The are small, similar to Mouseling size,  but they'd look great amongst the herd.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TripleH said:

Greebo Games has a few bunnies in their store.

Very cute!  Bookmarked for later.  Not sure how many Bunnados I'm going to need!

21 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

Splintered Light Miniatures has a Hedgerows and Heroes line with Hares.

Very Nice!  And all sculpted by Bob Olley too.  Also bookmarked.

• Like 1

Iron Wind Metals sells some Thumpers, but unfortunately, they don't sell the trooper types as singles.

02-793 Thumper Archers (Shooters) w/ bow (12) for  $21.95.

02-791 Thumper Warriors (Thrashers) w/ Sword (12) for $21.95.

02-792 Thumper Knights (Choppers) w/ Axe (12) for $21.95.

98-331 Doom Thumpers Starter Set for $30.00. This appears to have 4 Bow, 4 Axe and 4 Sword.

02-790 Thumper War-Captain for $4.75 each.

RPE still has the Doom Bunny for 3GBP, but I couldn't find any other rabbits.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

Iron Wind Metals sells some Thumpers, but unfortunately, they don't sell the trooper types as singles.

02-793 Thumper Archers (Shooters) w/ bow (12) for  $21.95.

02-791 Thumper Warriors (Thrashers) w/ Sword (12) for $21.95.

02-792 Thumper Knights (Choppers) w/ Axe (12) for $21.95.

98-331 Doom Thumpers Starter Set for $30.00. This appears to have 4 Bow, 4 Axe and 4 Sword.

02-790 Thumper War-Captain for $4.75 each.

RPE still has the Doom Bunny for 3GBP, but I couldn't find any other rabbits.

Nice!!  More bookmarks......

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Speaking of carrots, you may wish to look into dollhouse food accessories. They'll be somewhat oversized but might make useful bits and additions. Dangling from unit banners perhaps...

Oooh, Carrot Cannon.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

and when will I get to face this mighty charge... I am sure I will see it coming...and coming...and coming...

wake me when it gets here!

• Haha 4

My daughter loves bunnies. She has been pestering me to buy her a bunny mini lately. This thread is either perfectly timed, or terribly timed. I haven't decided yet. Either way, I look forward to seeing your progress.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2