Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

7580: Ma'al Drakar the Dragon Tyrant

Stunning job! I'm getting ready to do my second Ma'al (the first one was a commission, but the new one is all MINE!) and wanted to ask where you got the base? I've been looking for one like that, but I can never find one that seems to be the right size.

• Thanks 1

Amazing job!  I hadn't truly realized his scale in the other posts for him until I noticed Madame ForScale in a couple of your shots!  Holy Smokes, that's a big mini!  (and I kind of want one, but it'd take me 12 years to do and we have BonesIV inbound already).

Anyway, again, fabulous job on him - really love that lava :)

• Thanks 1

Got the base at Michaels craft store $16, but they have coupons all the time. It came unfinished with a hole drilled in the middle to help make a clock out of it.

1 hour ago, VooDooDad said:

Stunning job! I'm getting ready to do my second Ma'al (the first one was a commission, but the new one is all MINE!) and wanted to ask where you got the base? I've been looking for one like that, but I can never find one that seems to be the right size.

I'd say it's a wooden trophy base if I had to guess.. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VooDooDad said:

Got the base at Michaels craft store $16, but they have coupons all the time. It came unfinished with a hole drilled in the middle to help make a clock out of it. 

That Ma'al wasn't for me and I never want to see another. The friends I paint for know they can get one model like that out of me before I am burnt out on it.

(Sorry, think I was suppose to quote, if not, maybe you don't get an answer alert?)

8 minutes ago, eldamir said:

Amazing job!  I hadn't truly realized his scale in the other posts for him until I noticed Madame ForScale in a couple of your shots!  Holy Smokes, that's a big mini!  (and I kind of want one, but it'd take me 12 years to do and we have BonesIV inbound already).

Anyway, again, fabulous job on him - really love that lava :)

Thanks! yeah, love that mini with her measuring stick.

• Like 1

Awesome work. How did I miss when you originally posted this. As the others have said, the lava is AWESOME,. I also enjoy the unusualy purple coloring of the rocks. So cool!

• Thanks 1