Sign in to follow this  
Smokestack

Bones Catalog

From the reaper live. A physical Bones catalog is coming. I am looking forward to this. As a kid, I really loved the Sears and Best Catalogs. Seeing all the Starwars action figures spread out. And GI Joe. I loved those.

So, Yeah!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Man, now I'll need to order a few dragons to make sure the box is big enough to fit:) Hmm, I wonder if they'll toss one in with the Bones 4 shipments? Any chance @Reaper Ron?

That's a great Idea. Though If they offered the catalog for sale I would probably just buy it on its own. I still have my big fat GW parts catalog even though its worthless as you cant order parts and most of the models in it are OOP.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

That's a great Idea. Though If they offered the catalog for sale I would probably just buy it on its own. I still have my big fat GW parts catalog even though its worthless as you cant order parts and most of the models in it are OOP.

I think I've still got mine packed away somewhere. Along with a bunch of issues of casket works...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

35 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I think I've still got mine packed away somewhere. Along with a bunch of issues of casket works...

I’ve two of those GW parts catalogues. One year they came out with a hardcover and another year they came out with a soft cover.

Neither was cheap and GW cancelled the parts service soon after the second book came out. That was annoying to say the least.

Looking forward to Reapers miniature catalogue, even though it won’t have a parts listing.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I’ve two of those GW parts catalogues. One year they came out with a hardcover and another year they came out with a soft cover.

Neither was cheap and GW cancelled the parts service soon after the second book came out. That was annoying to say the least.

Looking forward to Reapers miniature catalogue, even though it won’t have a parts listing.

I have the hardback. It says 2006/2007. I remember it being expensive. I was the only one in my group who got one. I lived near where the GW bunker used to be here in Maryland. The book was very cheaply made too. Pages would come out from just casual use.

I definitely want both Reaper catalogues. That would be super useful, and I can bring to my pathfinder game and have new people look for character minis.

• Like 3

After so many kickstarters and web orders, a Bones catalogue is going to be a lot of help in keeping track of which Bones minis I have and which ones I need to get. I keep a list in Notepad of all of the ones I have, but having pictures I can check off might make deciding on which ones I want to paint soon™ a bit easier. I still occasionally look through the last couple Casketworks. Found quite a few figures in there that I didn't stumble upon online that are now in my collection.

• Like 6

I agree, the catalogs will definitely be handy.  I'm most interested in the metal one, but one for Bones is still handy... ^_^

• Like 3

Did they happen to mention why they are doing this? Not to be a downer, but this is the electronics age, so I would imagine a pdf would suffice, be more easily updated, and much cheaper to distribute. Not that I will turn down a catalog, I’m just very curious to the reasoning.

• Like 7

Ron had said "often requested" so I bet that is the driving reason. They also showcased some metal minis that are "buried" in the site. So maybe a way to get more people aware of existing stock.

For my part, I have gone over the online store very thoroughly, but a physical catalog is my preference as I "old man" don't like PDFs and such.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 5

Plus most people spend much of their day staring at a computer screen, and might want a break.

There’s just nothing like having a printed item to hold in your hand and page through.

Edited by Marc
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Marc said:

Plus most people spend much of their day staring at a computer screen, and might want a break.

There’s just nothing like having a printed item to hold in your hand and page through.

And scribble notes on.

For some reason, PDFs just aren't the same. >_>

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Did they happen to mention why they are doing this? Not to be a downer, but this is the electronics age, so I would imagine a pdf would suffice, be more easily updated, and much cheaper to distribute. Not that I will turn down a catalog, I’m just very curious to the reasoning.

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

Ron had said "often requested" so I bet that is the driving reason. They also showcased some metal minis that are "buried" in the site. So maybe a way to get more people aware of existing stock.

For my part, I have gone over the online store very thoroughly, but a physical catalog is my preference as I "old man" don't like PDFs and such.

My question too : Pretty much answered. 

I enjoy paper copies of things I want to read, although my Kindle Paperwhite does a good job of not having the screenglare that a PDF on my laptop does. I only print super important research articles, because I'd be spending hundreds on printer paper otherwise. As much as a paper catalog is nice, for me it would become a dust collector most likely. But hey, more options for those who want a paper copy is good. 

• Like 2