Sign in to follow this  
Smokestack

Bones Catalog

I think Reaper are doing it for a couple of reasons. 

First Reaper is making it available to retailers for free. It is up to each retailer if they want to charge customers the $1 cover charge.

Now imagine you’re that retailer and you have a customer(s) come in and expresses an interest in or spends time looking at your instore miniature selection but wants to see more. 

Now you can refer them to Reapers site. Maybe they remember to do so, maybe they forget the Reaper name, or just don’t bother. Maybe they get to the site but don’t really know what they’re looking for and are overwhelmed by trying to search through the site.

Now imagine you’re that retailer and you hand that customer in your store a catalogue full of pictures of hundreds of miniatures. As soon as that customer leafs through the pages, they’re going to be hooked.

The other reason to my thinking is that things don’t always last forever on the internet. Having a hard copy can be a great resource going forward.

• Like 11

I like it. The Reaper online store loads pictures very, very slowly for me, and that gets super annoying. 

My bf will be thrilled to learn that I can go "uhhh, look at that mini" all day until I fall asleep, not just when sitting in front of a screen.

Edited by Nunae
  • Like 4

I wish I still had my old Reaper Catalogs from the 1990s. I just found the copies on their site. I have many of the minis in the 1993 catalog!

Edited by AZBarbarian
  • Like 2

Sweet - I can take it out to my game room and check off the ones I've already bought and painted.  Sometimes I end up ordering the same mini twice, a few years apart, because I love the figure and forgot I loved it and ordered it before.

• Like 4

I saw one at the hobby shop over the weekend. Was next to a wall of Reaper figures. Pretty handy for in-store wishlist making. 

• Like 2

I mentioned it on the Discord channel, but totally forgot we had a thread about it ^_^

I kind of want one, to say the least.. 

• Like 1

Can't find it on the EU site yet (though it may be there but the search function over there is... interesting) I would like to get one with my next order, whenever that is- I can't exactly justify an order right now with so many bones turning up imminently. 

Well, was gonna place an order last night but they are out of the Bones promo, rats. Guess i will wait til April to see what comes through.

• Like 1