Mocha

03902: Bog Homonculus

This is excellent.

When this thing was released, I had a big problem envisioning what it should look like.  Now I'm not only going to be able to see it as a flying frog.  I may have to steal this color scheme.

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 3

Oh! I love him!!!

I think I like it matte, so that the spinedies on the back look more like pokey spines. :)

Glad to see you back!

• Like 1

MOCHA!!

Woo!

Good to see you posting.

I love this guy. I like him matte, and matte is my first vote, but I wonder if he shouldn't be glossy everywhere EXCEPT his spinedies and claws... amphibious mucus would excrete from the skin, but not from the keratin.

• Like 5

I love this, the colors and pattern is amazing. 

I like the idea of glossy finish for the skin and matte on the spines and claws. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tolex Cat
      For a recent D&D session, the DM said he needed skellies so I knocked these out in about 90 mins.

I did go back after the session and fixed a little highlighting but all in all I was pretty happy with how they turned out for a quick paint up. Since bones absorb colors from the minerals around them, I wanted to go less bleached and more unhallowed, greasy, dirty look. So I stuck to the darker bone colors and used the sepia wash. I must have a thing for owlbears since I enjoy painting them and really loved the skeleton. 
    • By Corporea
      I wasn't sure if I should post this in Show off or WIP, but I figured here and if you would please forgive the in progress parts in the subsequent post.

Ron let me paint this lovely sculpt by Gene Van Horne.  Actually, I think I might have begged to paint it and considered stealing it from his office if he refused.   She'll be in the Greek Odyssey Expansion for Bones V.  If by some miracle you have come to this forum and not heard of Bones V, it can be found here.  Aaron Lovejoy was awesome and took some high definition photos of her after last Reapercon.  

I really love this sculpt, can't say that enough.  She's got some fantastic detail, lots of good open space to work on blending or freehand, even a scenic base to play with stone effects.  While I loved the original Yephima by Patrick Keith, and still use her in my classes, this one really screams warrior to me.  I need to paint my bones version when I get it as Athena. I'll have to add a shield somewhere, though. Maybe convert the club to a spear.  Decisions decisions.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions.  I'm happy to explain or help with anything!  I'm going to post the WIP pictures I have in another post, so hopefully those will also be useful.  Enjoy!
    • By Inarah
      Did a little painting today to calm my nerves before the con.  Experimented with several brands of metallic paint.  Photos are not great, but you get the idea. 

• By JudgeSamson
      Here's the creepiest mini I own, and my wife's least favorite!  

• By Pochi
      The second beholder I painted. I did the eyebeams on this one so they could be interchangeable. He is kind of a mad Mike Wazowski!

• Who's Online   26 Members, 3 Anonymous, 298 Guests (See full list)