Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Bones Black Owlbear - 44001

That’s one of my favourite paint jobs for the Owlbear and I really like how you tied the different sculpts together with the same colour palette.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DragonWyrm said:

Amazing paint job on the owlbears. 

Is it just me or does the reaper black owlbeardance with and invisible partner?

Hahaha! I have heard he is "dabbing", singing opera, I personally think he is imitating Freddie Mercury, and now you bring up dancing (ballroom obviously!)

• Like 5

You did a wonderful work on these. I love the natural color you selected and the featers are sharp and very well detailed.

The reason why you can't find the owlbear in the Online Store is explain in Reaper Live #14. Like Ron said, it may come back somewhere down the road. You know what I'm saying. :poke:

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

You did a wonderful work on these. I love the natural color you selected and the featers are sharp and very well detailed.

The reason why you can't find the owlbear in the Online Store is explain in Reaper Live #14. Like Ron said, it may come back somewhere down the road. You know what I'm saying. :poke:

Thanks!

Ah, ok. I have watched some of the Reaper live and I must have missed that one.  Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JudgeSamson
      Here is my Owlbear promo from Bones Black.  It was a lot of fun to paint!  As an aside, does anyone know if this can still be purchased through Reaper?  I can't find it on the site anymore... :(

• By HolkDiggity
      I've been trying to do a bit of painting every day, since RCon is coming up so soon. I have a problem with long-term projects, though, so I need to occasionally work on something quick and sweet in between. Sometimes I need to finish something to keep me motivated, you know? Tonight's lucky candidate was this bear, whom I love. His name is Randall and he likes standing in fields.

Anyhow, enjoy!

• By Arc 724
      Female Owlfolk Fighter by Stonehaven Miniatures

Finished this commission the other day. Part commission part engagement gift for one of the ladies that I play D&D with. She was so stink'n excited to get it. :)
      This is the tabletop quality {Tt}, quick paint job done in a couple of hours.

Hope you enjoy! 

I used reaper brush on sealer before taking the photo's. I will not do that again. I don't like the shine it gave off. Made it look odd.
    • By dks
      I really like Julie Guthrie's rendition of the peryton, a monster (part deer, part eagle, all vicious) that casts the shadow of a human instead of a bird, and eats the hearts of its victims.
      Reaper released the peryton in metal (03702) and in Bones plastic (77392).

When I taught my "Fur, Feathers, and Scales" class at ReaperCon 2018, I used the Bones version of the peryton to demonstrate techniques for painting feathers, inspired by real-world birds. 
      And recently I decided to paint the whole thing, as I had intended to do all along.
      I ran a WIP thread about it -- read it here. [edited link 3/29/19]

This is the result:

(No, I didn't paint in a humanoid shadow under it.  I just think it wouldn't have been legible on this small base and rocky terrain.  Idea for a diorama, free for the taking: 1 or 2 perytons attacking adventurers on a plateau, with the humanoid shadows of the rest of the flock unseen but implied above.)

Anyway ... Enjoy!
      Derek
    • By Pochi
      I painted the Bones Black, Bones, and Wizkids owlbears as Great Horned Owls. This is the Wizkids owlbear. When you put the three together, they make a crazy singing group!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 257 Guests (See full list)