• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Woodsbeast
      First post here! I've been painting minis for about two years now, and after recently painting up a warband for Frostgrave, I've been trying to improve my techniques. 

Which leads me to the Dark Watcher! Loved this sculpt, and any beholder kin. I liked the stalagmite base, but I wanted this guy to be free range, so I made a floating base for him with a model sprue and an extra base.

And now for my secret shame...

Still using fifty cent craft paints! I've occasionally got to use "real" paints through friends, and maybe some magical day I'll acquire some, but in the meantime I've done what I can to try to make the models look good with what I have. 

I've seen a lot of great paintjobs here that were inspiring, so hopefully someone gets a kick out of my discount paintwork! 
    • By SparrowMarie
      It's been quite some time since I've done a show off but here goes.

I painted this mini in about 6 hours. Still need to gloss and seal. C&C welcome.

• By Dae
      After several iterations of painting and base, I'm finally happy with my Griffon and I'm calling it finished! 

The mini ended up looking a bit cartoony 

I did go for something else initially, but it seemed too plain for a griffon, so I was happy to exchange realism for 'striking'. More on PSA.

And I just finished redoing the base -- thanks for support on the WIP board. 

• By Dae
      I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:

But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now. 

I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base. 

I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.

Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!

https://pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/12/18/griffon-wings/

• By Mini_Wizard_Studios
      Finished my beholder. It's a little over exposed after stacking the photos. I'm too lazy to take new pictures. He was fun to paint! i'm happy with how he came out, Need to keep pushing myself though.

MVI_0102.MOV
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)