• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bluecrowlaura
      Here's a little quick-paint mimic that I finished up this week. I love this mini, and I want to paint another later, when I have more time.

We've been completely snowed in here in Seattle, and you'd think that would mean I'd get more done, right? No. With the husband working from home and the entire schedule in shambles, I've had a hard time managing any painting at all. But the Jan/Feb Challenge deadline is approaching, and I have to get a couple more done...!

• By Lidless Eye
      A simple Barrel Mimic from the ReaperCon Swag Bag.

• By Mckenna35
      Impact Miniatures ran a Kickstarter earlier in the year and this Mocking Beast aka Mimic was one of the offerings.  My wife enjoys playing D&D Online with me (she's good at the puzzles and spotting treasure) and finds the mimics amusing, so I painted this for her birthday.

Mocking Beast face by Mckenna35, on Flickr

Mocking Beast front by Mckenna35, on Flickr

Mocking Beast back by Mckenna35, on Flickr

Hard to tell it was 3d printed, other than very fine lines on long oblique items like the sides of the tongue.  All in all it was a blast to paint.  Based it on a Litko 3mm plywood 25mm round and painted the stonework on.
    • By jonaas33
      Hey there, adventurer!  I'm just a friendly little treasure chest.  Why don't you slowly reach in and grab a few coins...BLAGHABLAGHABLAH!!!

• By MagicBrew
      Painted up a Mocking Beast last night.

I really like this sculpt, a little more than the Nolzur's Mimics that are based on the D&D 5e Monster Manual art. He deserves a bit of the horror treatment, maybe a little more than I was able to provide. But rather than use the traditional intense colors, I added flesh tones into the purple tongue and the magenta gums for a little more "realistic" look.

I copped the wood technique straight from Doctor Faust's Painting Clinic. More or less it involves painting up from dark brown into a very orange brown, painting what are essentially wavy highlights all over the wood grain, and then glazing over a sepia ink at the end.

You can see that better in this one:

I'm still learning a lot. Started in November. But I'm quite proud of this figure.

• Who's Online   36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)