Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

This place is just NICE!

My sentiments exactly!

I bailed out of several miniature forums due to lack of interaction or rude behaviour.

Here, I have found a nice place with nice people.

Even when we disagree we don't let it get in the way of the hobby and normal interaction.

Maybe the Beekeepers idea is part of this, more sensitive discussions are in that secluded place and only available to people who have been around for a while (+1000 posts).

It might help.

Anyway, I made friends here as well.

I hope this will be around for a long time.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11

I think it helps that this place is pretty inclusive as company forums go.

Yes, we may get a little defensive when we perceive that Reaper is under "attack", but try posting a pic of a non-company mini you've painted on some of the other official forums out there...

At best you'll be completely ignored, at worst they'll be breaking out the torches and pitchforks.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I'd also say that I think the higher than average proportion of women who contribute has a big influence on keeping things civil.

Thank you, ladies.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

I'd also say that I think the higher than average proportion of women who contribute has a big influence on keeping things civil.

Thank you, ladies.

[purple]thats only because of the forum filters. If they'd let me, there'd be a never ending spiral of profanity.[/purple]  :lol:

I love this place. It's so friendly and encouraging. You can find real crititique if you want it, but it's never mean spirited, and everyone just wants everyone else to have fun with the hobby. 

And it's supportive. Like, folks can vent their troubles and get virtual hugs. 

Wholesome. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

For me, this place is a sanctuary from so much of the ugliness that has not just seeped into but permeated so much of the internet.

It's nice a God Send to have found a place where civility is not just accepted but a requirement for continued participation.

Reaper Peeps are The Best, and I'm grateful to have found a small place here.

GEM

• Like 11

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

[purple]thats only because of the forum filters. If they'd let me, there'd be a never ending spiral of profanity.[/purple]  :lol:

I love this place. It's so friendly and encouraging. You can find real crititique if you want it, but it's never mean spirited, and everyone just wants everyone else to have fun with the hobby. 

And it's supportive. Like, folks can vent their troubles and get virtual hugs. 

Wholesome. 

Can't post a link due to forum rules, but there's a mug for sale on the usual internet retailers that this makes me think of.  Search for "lady profanity mug" and I think you'll find it.

Anyway, it's funny, I was about to make a very similar post to the OP.  This community has meant so much to me as I've gotten back into this hobby, and has been extremely encouraging to my 7yo daughter as well.  You all rock!

• Like 11

On 2/16/2019 at 7:46 PM, redambrosia said:

You're all a bunch of elfing broccoli weasel lickers!

[Re-reads post]

Did I... Did I just make a compliment? I can't tell anymore. :rock:

Guess I'll have to stay a nice friendly guy. :winkthumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

21 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

I look at this less of a 'forum' and more of a big, happy, slightly-dysfunctional family. :upside:

And the family not only recognizes that it is dysfunctional but actually celebrates much of its collective dysfunctionality.

GEM

Who could probably be the subject for a couple or 20 Doctoral Level Dissertations on various sorts of "dysfunctionality".

• Like 2
  • Haha 7