Sign in to follow this  
Guindyloo

01629: Maiden Bust

She's lovely, the hair highlights in particular stand out.  I wish Reaper sold more busts, this one in particular is different from everything I've seen.  (And it's an amazing way to practice or show off skin and hair while still feeling very classic.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well Done! Cellphone or real camera? Gray background that is flat on the floor then curves up to vertical at the back. Real camera may need a white balance adjustment depending on your lighting.

Again... Well Done!

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the kind comments! I'm glad you like her! ^_^

On 2/18/2019 at 11:57 AM, LittleBluberry said:

She's lovely, the hair highlights in particular stand out.  I wish Reaper sold more busts, this one in particular is different from everything I've seen.  (And it's an amazing way to practice or show off skin and hair while still feeling very classic.)

Yeah, I'd really like to see them put out some more busts as well, but I think Reaper's main focus is on making gaming miniatures and stuff like this is going to remain as the occasional special limited edition release. Both fortunately and unfortunately there's no shortage of boutique companies putting out busts, but it can be a bit of an expensive specialization to veer off toward. However, honestly you can find plenty of busts for the same price range. I obviously didn't buy her myself, but I think she was in the $30-$40 range. You have to get into a pretty large scale with a lot of complicated details to push beyond that range. You can even find some really nice stuff in the $20-$30 range. Anyway, maybe they'll sell her again this year at Reapercon, or put out a new one. I wouldn't mind a series of similar busts at all.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, GlenP said:

Well Done! Cellphone or real camera? Gray background that is flat on the floor then curves up to vertical at the back. Real camera may need a white balance adjustment depending on your lighting.

Again... Well Done!

Thanks for the suggestions, but it's not a lack of knowledge, it's a lack of space to dedicate to a proper set up. If I had a place to permanently set up a place to take pictures, I'd get it figured out and it'd be fine. But since I don't have that space, I just don't have the desire to get something set up every single time I want to take pictures of something. I'll try harder if it's for a competition or I'm feeling insecure about how something looks, but otherwise, it's honestly a choice between bad pictures or no pictures. I'd just rather spend my time painting than fighting with lamps and backgrounds and cameras and photo editing software. ^_^

• Like 2

Was going though my ReaperCon stash and came across her.  Broke the package open and scrubbed the mini down with detergent.  Can't do it as well as you, but your example is an inspiration.