I had president's day off, so to take advantage of it, I decided to speed paint some saprolings and some ghouls. I'll get around to posting the ghouls shortly...

IMG_20190218_123253.thumb.jpg.8c6ea4c3700dfccdbd1658802bb8dda2.jpg

First up, the twig blights (though really, at this size, they're more like branch blights) were all given a good hot water and soap scrub, and then primed with Brown Liner.

IMG_20190218_124027.thumb.jpg.204da416fbda403ceec3bd4d4d616921.jpg

Then I painted them in successive highlights using Walnut Brown, Nut Brown, and Desert Stone. I then blotted them irregularly with Muddy Olive. 

IMG_20190218_133840.thumb.jpg.be90fe3889ebffa4c085daa9030efbd0.jpg

I stuck them on 1" slotta bases (GW style) and numbered each one, then I painted on some wood glue, and flocked them. 

IMG_20190218_163519.thumb.jpg.a7c1a35e9728975ac672ea2475d7db44.jpg

IMG_20190218_194902.thumb.jpg.000160d88386f07add1c003c8c7c1113.jpg

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 13
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice.  Fast but effective colors too.

I ended spray painting about 10 Briarlings with a light brown color (Krylon or Rusty's) & then washed them with Army Painter Soft tone. They came out nice but nothing like these. Sad thing is I still need to paint the bases black, but their time in the limelight is coming to an end. Party is almost done clearing the town that is infested with them.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vulture
      My stash will arrive today!
      I haven't done a WIP in a very long time , something I intend to remedy.
      I am extremely excited to get my hands on my contribution to Bones 5, the Whispering Ghoulsbane. Maybe more so than any prior piece I have made. Seeing as how I don't actually have the mini in had at this moment, Id thought I'd fill this space with some history about the concept.

I like to watch reviews for feedback on pieces I've made (and learned a lot).  A few review waffled on what the thing was, exactly. Part of me revels in this ambiguity -it is what you want it to be. That said it does have a mundane monster  origin story.......wait, say, lets make a game of it!

Which "old school" monster served as the primary inspiration for the Whispering Ghoulsbane? take a guess.

Wait wait wait! it's here, at this very moment! Delivery! let the prepping begin.
      Step 1: Open the bag.

That is all for now.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here’s the second Wizkids character model I painted for one of the players in my DnD group. I painted the armor using the NMM technique and added blood effect (not hers). This is a Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures 73542, Half-Orc female Fighter produced by Wizards of the Coast. I painted it with Reaper MSP paint. Happy International Hobby Day!

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here’s the first Wizkids character model I painted for one of the players in my DnD group. I painted it with Reaper MSP paint. It was a fast paint job since he's eventually going to be moved around on the gaming table. This 72618, Human Wizard is a Wizkids D&D Nolzur’s Marvelous Miniatures. Have a great day. (it is missing the spell effect piece. I will paint it later).

• By Rob Dean
      Ok, gang, I’ll be honest.  I shouldn’t post this now without all the well written explanation of what I’m about here, but it isn’t coming and I would like to get this posted...

Earlier this year, in the before times, I did another of these stands.  These are for a Hordes of the Things elvish army (primarily) and are expected to be “beast” stands — rapidly moving, at home in rough terrain.  

This was a speed paint; all three figures took an hour.

With the 1/72s, I like to paint a little more than is necessary, for my own amusement.  Here’s a closer crop of the sorceress:

The leaf pattern freehand is a bit dodgy.  Amazingly, the necklace is actually cast into the figure.

But it’s all a bit irrelevant when the whole group is arrayed on the stand:

A bit over contrasty; had to use a flash to take the pictures.

A layer of sand  and glue to hide the bases, a couple of tufts, some flock, and a spray varnish and they are as ready as they are going to get:

• By Iridil
      Painted this pair up for an encounter in the forest.... I like this sculpt a lot... thinking of doing some more and trying the added foliage that others have done... lots of lovely examples.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)