Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBlues

The World of the Lost Lands

About

5363f53db954745f77c0b1fc4145b1a1_origina

The Origins of the Lost Lands

For almost 20 years, glimpses into the world of the Lost Lands have been revealed in the publications of Frog God Games and Necromancer Games. The Lost Lands contain locations now legendary in the annals of roleplaying, from the depths of the massive dungeons of Rappan Athuk, to the city of Bard’s Gate, the Desolation of Tsar, the Blight, the demon-tainted Sundered Lands, the chaotic tumult of the Borderland Provinces, and the fabled Northlands. These publications offered hints of the sweeping scope, deep history, and epic grandeur of the Lost Lands.  But only hints.

For well over a decade, a Lost Lands campaign world has been our customers' most requested project...

...and the time of the Lost Lands has now arrived!

443dcc527f296925535e07e7e795cf8e_origina

The Primary Reward

Over 42 years in the making, this is the definitive guide to the world of the Lost Lands!

This massive volume includes the history of the Lost Lands, a wealth of detailed maps, cultural information about its nations and peoples, and a huge gazetteer containing descriptions of the world's countries, cities, waterways and geography. For the first time, readers can explore the length and breadth of the great continent of Akados, including regions never before described, and far Libynos, home of the Desert Kingdoms and many ancient cultures alien to the folk of Akados.

The book weighs in at approximately 700 pages in full color, with maps by award-winning cartographers and beautiful, original artwork to place you directly into the world itself in all its glory and terror.

Entirely system-neutral, the guide can be used with any game system you choose.

The Lost Lands are the setting for a tremendous array of over 150 individual adventures and sourcebooks already published by Frog God Games and Necromancer Games, many providing statistics in multiple game systems. All of this material is available to provide an almost inexhaustible resource of ready-made adventures and epic quests! Future Frog God Games products set in the Lost Lands will be built into the ever-growing canon finally revealed in this volume.

About 4000 example pages of Lost Lands Adventures Pictured Above About 4000 example pages of Lost Lands Adventures Pictured Above

A small sample of some of these already-existing adventures include Rappan Athuk, Sword of Air, Slumbering Tsar, Bard's Gate, Necropolis, Cyclopean Deeps, The Borderland Provinces, The Blight, and Cults of the Sundered Kingdoms.

Authors of adventures which have, over two decades, explored the Lost Lands include Clark Peterson, Ed Greenwood, Bill Webb, Gary Gygax, Matt Finch, Jim Ward, Morten Braten, Jeff Harkness, John Stater, Bill Kenower, Nate Paul, Dennis Sustare, and Alex Kammer.

The authors of the guide to the Lost Lands include Bill Webb, Greg Vaughan, Matt Finch, Vicki Potter, Pat Lawinger, Anthony Pryor, Rhiannon Louve, Mark Greenberg, Ken Spencer, Casey Christofferson, and Thom Wilson.

Shipping

International shipping on a book this size may be quite expensive. If you are a non-US customer, please read the shipping information below. We anticipate shipping to be $80 to $100 for most countries, and could even be more. Shipping for the tapestries (and only the tapestries) is calculated into their price for Canada, the UK, the EU, and Australia. 

818f4677e0a7bf279ceeb95869ffca07_origina

The Lost Lands

700 pages of setting goodness.

And in case of an intruder, I can hurl the book at 'em and likely knock 'em out. Plus the book will be none the worse - the Frog Gods do a really good job about binding their books.

While I'm not sure my Frog God shelf can take the weight, I'll likely back this one.

As for the huge price to ship overseas, they state in the Kickstarter that due to the increase rate of damage to the books when sent to overseas addresses, they will be double-boxing the books, as well as insuring the books.  They offer a 100% resend policy, so they've got to make the money somewhere, and that somewhere is in the shipping. 

• Like 1

Sounds really cool, I have a lot of the Frog God modules already so I probably would have gone in on this if it wasn’t for the UK shipping. Which there’s no excuse for- they must be shipping these individually from the US for that price to be accurate, get a UK/EU hub and then we’ll talk.

The most expensive box I've ever tried to ship overseas was via UPS and initially quoted at $1300.  We decided the customer didn't need their sample that quickly and used overseas freight to get the price down in the $800 range. 

- The product sample was a super fluffy material so it was a big box that had such little weight anyone could pick it up. 

I am seriously considering backing this.  If I was to run a 5E campaign I would set it in the lost lands.  Its expensive though, but I did just get a bonus check from work (and sadly a huge unexpected tax bill too).

Holy crap, I have to give them credit for thinking outside the box - the $75,000 stretch goal was opening up the setting to third parties. A free license - also allowing people to expand on any Frog God products in the setting that are older than 18 months.

So, if I decided that Rappan Athuck really needs ten more levels, for example.... ::P:

And that stretch goal has already been left in the dust.

The Auld Grump

I backed it last night/this morning. I wish I had known about it earlier, as I would have backed it earlier, but I don't pay enough attention to kickstarter.

Now I just need a 5e conversion of Sword of Air and Slumbering Tsar. And Lost City of Barakus. And everything else they've ever made. Including old Necromancer Games stuff like The Boneyard...

Does anyone know if Frog God will have a Pledge Manager that will allow increasing a pledge after the KS?

We are in for the PDF, but I might increase it to get the doorstop barn door book if they do.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1

Backed for the giga book and one pdf and one book for the Pathfinder/5E rule compendiums.

4 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Does anyone know if Frog God will have a Pledge Manager that will allow increasing a pledge after the KS?

We are in for the PDF, but I might increase it to get the doorstop barn door book if they do.

The Auld Grump

Going by my previous experience with both the Tome of Horrors and Rappan Athuk 5e kickstarters, yes. They use BackerKit, and you can put addons in later.

I backed this at the $105 level, getting all the primary physical stuff, but when the backer kit opens in a couple months I'll probably be adding the 5e addendum book PDF, and possibly the Pathfinder one as well since I do still have some love for 3.x systems and a whole host of Pathfinder supplies, including Rappan Athuk and a number of other FGG/Necromancer Games adventures. I've also thought about the super poster map, but I want to know more about how it's laid out. I may just be better off taking the poster map PDF to a print shop and having them print it on a banner or something.

Edited by Unruly

Ok, so I just read the FAQ over at the kickstarter page, and it would seem that the super poster map really is just an ultra-giant sized version of the regular poster map. Like 6 times bigger. I don't need that.

Also confirmed that they will be using BackerKit, and that you can add stuff later once that goes live.

And I learned that the Razor Coast isn't included in the book, because they wanted to make it as gunpowder-agnostic as they could and Razor Coast relies on gunpowder as a key point of its setting. This kind of disappoints me, but it also gives me hope that maybe they'll do a 5e conversion of Razor Coast someday. Tegel Manor is also not mentioned in the book, apparently for legal reasons.

Razor Coast and The Blight are both kind of special cases - much as I love them, they are not perfect fits with the general feel of the world. (And by 'love them' I mean 'my favorite published adventures and settings of all time'.)

I tend to go for blackpowder fantasy - so it is possible that I am biased. ::):

The Auld Grump

Well, The Blight is still included, because as they put it it references gunpowder but gunpowder doesn't form a large part of the backbone for the area and so can be removed or lessened without harming the feel. But Razor Coast is Age of Sail based, so gunpowder is a must-have for it to work at all. And that makes sense. From what I've read of The Blight gunpowder is more of a novelty than something that everyone is expected to know and use.

Still want my big honking book of player crushing doom, though. Even if it doesn't include Razor Coast. Being able to run Rappan Athuk as a full campaign, rather than just a huge dungeon crawl, in its actual setting without having to make up large portions of the greater area is something that entices me.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Shpam
      Hi all,

Andrew May launched the second season of Black Crab Miniatures. I backed the first season, and was pretty happy with it. They’re resin minis with very creepy looks, I thought you guys might be interested. :)

The campaign is very short, there’s already less than 24 hours to back it.

• By Smokestack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1084608523/raid-on-the-temple-of-serpents/description

About
      Welcome to the most thrilling raid in the miniature history! Choose your side, fight until the end and get greatly rewarded for your engagement!
      This campaign features 2 lines of miniatures!
      "Temple of Serpent" is a brand new collection inspired by the lost civilizations of Amazonia and Mesoamerica. It envisions an utopian enclave hidden so deep in the wilderness that it is considered forbidden territory. The tribe is focused on preserving an ancient magic with the help of gods and dinosaurs. Be the first to explore it!
      "Bloodsail Island" is an established line of ruthless ogre pirates. Upon discovering the Temple of Serpent they have became overpowered by the desire to plunder its treasures. They are going to need every hand on deck for this one, so the line is getting a massive extension! 
      Our products are in 28mm scale and come with square bases. Check pictures at the bottom of our campaign to see the size comparisons. All miniatures are made from high-quality resin that ensures highest details, durability and flexibility. 
      Based on our Kickstarter experience and community feedback we have came up with the simplest Reward System to date. You can choose one of the following pledges.
      Deckhand Pledge is for you if you are not sure what you need but you want to be a part of the campaing. It will give you the access to the Pledge Manager where you will be able to spend your additional funds on any miniatures you want. 
        Basic Pledge is for you if you do not want to pick a side. It is really simple. You plede $99 and you receive $99 to spend on addons. But on top of that you will choose and receive either a set of Serpent Freebies OR Ogre Freebies. The more SG we unlock the more value will come with those freebies packs.
      In Captain Pledge you become the commander of ogre pirate army! Pledge $199 to get Captain Krabor in special offer for $40. The rest of your funds ($159) you will be able to spend in the Pledge Manager on any addons that you see fit. On top of that, you will receive  a set of Ogre Freebies. The more SG we unlock the more value will come with your freebies packs.
      In Serpent Pledge you become the deity of the Temple! Pledge $199 to get High Priestess on Pterossus in a special offer for $50. The rest of your funds ($149) you will be able to spend in the Pledge Manager on any addons that you see fit. On top of that, you will receive  a set of Serpent Freebies. The more SG we unlock the more value will come with your freebies packs.
        After the campaign ends, we will open a Pledge Manager. You will receive an e-mail address with a link to it. When you log in, you will be able to pick your rewards and spend your funds on any chosen add-ons from the campaign. You will also be able to transfer additional funds via PayPal. After finishing an order a shipping cost will be charged, based on your address and the package weight. 
      All additional funds you pledge over your reward price you will be able to spend on add-ons.
      When our Campaign is live we will post a link to an online calculator that will help you in figuring out how much you need to pledge to get all the miniatures you want. 
      Example 1: You want just 3 units of Raptor Riders that are $39 each. In order to get them you need to choose Basic Pledge and pledge $117 (3x $39) for it. This will allow you to spend that $117 in Pledge Manager and choose 3x Raptor Riders. On top of that you will be able to choose a set of freebies (either Serpent of Ogre one).
      Example 2: You want Captain Krabor, 3 units of Sharkman that are $39 each and 5 units of goblins that are $12 each. In order to get those you should choose Captain Pledge and pledge $217 for it. In this pledge Captain Krabor is in a better price and you will also get $159 for other addons. You need 3x $39 + 5x $12 = $177 so you need to pledge $18 on top of the pledge price to cover everything. 
      In case of any mistakes, there will be no problem with make a correction. You will always be able to add funds in the Pledge Manager via PayPal, so if you do not pledge enough through Kickstarter, you will still be able to get everything you need after the campaign ends.
      See what's coming up! 
      We want YOU to pick your side in this conflict and have a direct impact on the campaign! See the facebook post and support your side by voting. In each phase of the conflict, your support will tip the scales. The winner will have the priority in unlocking the dedicated stretch goals and freebies! Support your favourites!
      Conflict Phase I - Reconnaissance
      When we reach our funding goal we will post a link to a poll for you to vote!
      Join the Temple of Serpent - Ride around with the raptor patrol on their daily routine. Travel to the enclave's boarders, maintain the traps and the elaborate alert system. If you find any traces of a breach, it means one thing - the battle is coming and you need to get ready! Vote now, like and share the post!
      Join the Bloodsail Island - Become the newest member of the jolly crew. Send scouting vessels across the coastline in a mission to find the best landing spot. Geographical advantages and an element of surprise is what you are looking for. The succesful strike depends on you! Vote now, like and share the post!
      Check out the map of stretch goals below. See what your endorsement will affect!
      Next destination is :
      Beneath there is a list of avaliable add-ons. After the campaign ends, in the pledge manager, you will be able to spend your funds on them! Pledge today and unlock a bigger variety of heroes, creatures and troops through stretch goals!
        Shipping will be charged in the pledge manager after our campaign ends. It will depand on the weight of the chosen products and delivery address that you will provide. You can choose more than one pledge or pick the same one multiple times but a shipping cost will be added to each of them separately. Estimated shipping rates are: Deckhand/Basic:
                   Europe - from $6
                   North America - from $9
                   Rest of the World - from $12 
      Serpent/Captain:
                   Europe - from $8
                   North America - from $12
                   Rest of the World - from $20 
      Titan Forge has a vast experience in sculpting and casting the most stunning wargaming miniatures. We are dedicated to creating the whole themed armies and we are counting on your support to bring new ones to life!
        Risks and challenges
      Risks and challenges that are a part of every campaign with tabletop collectible miniatures are usually:
      - Delay in delivery
      - Production difficulties
      - Digital models conversion and creation of production molds
      - Communication with the Backers that are postponing filling out the Pledge Manager that creates a delay for the start of targeted production
      We have a lot of experience as for the miniatures production and delivery and we will do our best to keep risk levels at minimum and deliver the best miniatures that you have always wanted.
      Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
    • By Marc
      Enter a Realm of Unending Darkness
      A ghastly, green fire flickers in a long-forgotten tomb. From within comes a thunderous crash as the lid of a stone sarcophagus is contemptuously flung aside, followed by the clank of armor and the dread sound of footsteps.

Something ancient and evil is coming to claim the night.

That ancient evil is none other than Empire of the Ghouls-the new 5th Edition Kickstarter from Kobold Press!

We're thrilled to announce that the funding campaign is up and running. Follow the link below to see the rich rewards that await backers and join their ranks!

Back EMPIRE OF THE GHOULS now!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/empire-of-the-ghouls-a-5th-edition-campaign-vs-the/comments
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atlantisminiatures/atlantis-miniatures-28mm-wood-elves?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
          Welcome to our latest Kickstarter release: Wood Elves
      A collection of wood elf miniatures that will continue to grow after the completion of this project. So let us know what else you want to see. We may even squeeze a few more miniatures into this campaign! 

Artist (Dan Jack): "This was quite an exciting project to work on.  I have always pictured wood elves to be more feral and slightly darker than modern interpretations. The horns for me, are a way of depicting an elder, in an otherwise young looking race. As the elves become more integrated with the forest, they start to develop horns, which are seen as a nod to their stature with in the force. You will see some of the leaders with horns. This in turn, is a foundation we will be building into the narrative of our game. The death of an elf works in both directions. As they come closer to death and old age, you shall see a more warped by the forest aesthetic. I am looking forward to pushing this further with characters in the expansion of this range, as well as more young'uns."
        Please note that the items that are shown in black are a guaranteed addition to box sets. They will be revealed as stretch goals to generate excitement!

Shipping Date:  APRIL 2020
      If you don't want the full box set, you can build your own custom order, by adding up the value of the items you want, and then pledge that amount in the 'build you own pledge' reward. You will get to pick and choose what you want in the pledge manager using your credit.

• By Knight of the Dinner Table
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rgdgaming/help-us-make-28mm-hard-plastic-fauns-for-your-tabl/description

Quite a long time ago, this project was on KS for the first time. The creator had a lot to learn about material, options on sprues, poses etc ... so the first KS lost momentum. He sure took his time and now he's back and it looks to me (at first glance) that he definitely did his homework. It might me a niche "army", but I'm definitely interested in a pack of those fauns.
      If some of the stretch goals get unlocked, there is some awesome stuff coming.
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 3 Anonymous, 193 Guests (See full list)