SamuraiJack

Kuzunoha, the fox of Shinoda by Elder Forge

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1947678637/kuzunoha-the-fox-of-shinoda-and-other-stories?ref=discovery_category_newest

About

Hi to all and welcome in my new Kickstarter campaign! this is a little campaign, composed by three busts. Each of them is a part of a story, a legend born from folklore or...yes, why not, by me. So, let's begin to show you my three last works!

Kuzunoha, the fox of Shinoda (large size bust)

af6c2422e34643873a5c0bdda48f12f3_origina
22d6ba7e8ddd49640435d44b87407106_origina

Kuzunoha is a popular kitsune in the japanese folklore. She was the kami of Shinoda's temple and, assuming human form, she got married with the poet Abe no Yasuna. From this love was born Seimei, a legendary Wizard. Foxes, in Japanese mitology are powerful demons and i feel myself linked to this mystical figure. Kuzunoha is a  resin bust high 10 cm and composed by four components to assemble with glue and paint. 

Windo the traveler (Small size bust) 

Windo is a little bust high 5cm and composed by three components. Windo is a mage...a bard and an old traveler. He tell stories to every one that want to speak with him. 

Sometime, when I play with my immagination, I like to think that Windo is myself in the next 30 and in another world full of magic...yes...for me is really funny. So, take a look! 

this is Windo!

1dc33fb7301aa2a9e862a7a51b2edb3e_origina
32c586c8d6bd1b1ffc8c81f5bd8af79f_origina

Le Chat, the monster hunter (Kickstarter edition) (large size bust)

Le Chat is already produced but this model is really important for me so I wanna give him some optional part and create some new version of this model. This character is inspired by the cat with the boots and  by some videogame. Is an interesting kit composed by much components, much of them optional. In this special edition, Le chat has two optional medallion, a chaos star and an head cat! Hope that you like this model high 8 cm and composed by 10 components ( optional parts included)

ccbb1007d489138de7ada1023694b5f2_origina
4755c5b05ee915ed724cb6d74243849b_origina

Medallions of Lechat Kickstarter edition

379c6ee8c721786211b6460f5b561189_origina

• IMPORTANT!!!

In this campaign the principal rewards are two LARGE SIZE BUSTS and one SMALL SIZE BUST so, if you choose only one of the two busts, you'll be able to order  Kuzunoha or Le Chat at the end of the campaign!

• the optional medallions of Le Chat

At the end of the campaign, you'll receive anyway the optional medallions of Le Chat for free!!!

• Medusa shield

if your order will be over  € 50, will be also included a special gift for you, the medusa's shield! This is a bonus gift and in a limited edition. Is the shield of one of my models, Alcibiades the centaur. Is a little object molded in resin and golden powder

5465fe4744026d4a55b3ccfdc05584fb_origina

For every question or help, please, contact me. I am at your disposal!

The production of this little set will start really soon you'll receive your rewards shortly after the end of this campaign!

Edited by SamuraiJack
updated with KS link and details
  • Like 4

I saw the first picture on Facebook this morning.  What you can't tell from that angle is the umbrella is a mushroom with a chicken leg for a handle.

• Like 1

I'll post a picture or two for those who are wise enough to abandon facebook. The side shots seem a little too topless for this forum so it'll just be front and back.

52633073_2520643541496035_15245335383244

52543488_2520631351497254_92166825780466

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hmmm, definitely interesting looking to say the least. 

Thanks for bringing the images over! 

• Like 2

Elder-Forge does beautiful and unique sculpts. I still need to paint my "Magic the Flame" from them. This one is... interesting. Not sure what I think yet. 

• Like 1

The fox isn't that interesting to me, but I appreciate the kasaobake! Weird Japanese yokai make for the best mimics!

• Like 1

Hello! this is the second bust and last work for my next kickstarter! I am proud to show you Windo the traveler. I love to play with my imagination...I think that you already know this :P ...so, sometimes, I love to imagine myself in the next 30 years...in a fantasy world and may be that this character is simply...ME!!! So I've created this work joking with myself! Windo is a traveler, a wizard...and a bard, an old man with much stories to tell you...the same stories that I love to learn and to tell to the people that talk with me. Windo is sculpted in Beesputty and composed by three components. High 5 cm, it will be available on my next kickstarter 

52453391_2521512661409123_12499125692090

53074158_2521516421408747_84904027793643

• Like 2

Hi to all! First of all thank you to Samurai Jack for sharing my project in this forum, this is a surprise and an honor for me. And thank you to every people that has commented . This is really important for me to know what do you think about my works. I am the founder, producer, graphic and sculptor (ok, yes...I am the the only employee of my little brand) so is fantastic to see people interested to my little house. I try to create something of original and different from the classic fantasy. I try to tell stories with my words...with my imagination.

About the umbrella...Sanael! yes, the strange umbrella is a Kasaobake. So...i try to imagine a story..the story of Kuzunoha...a kitzune, the guardian of the Shinoda temple. For one time...some hundred years ago, she was a wife, a mother. But now she is just a demon that live in the temple, forever linked to it. The strange umbrella is a key to read this work, to undersand how much old is Kuzunoha. The spirits Kasaobake are objects that, for the japanese folklore, become alive after one hundred year that remain unused inside a building. Now Kuzunoha, that is alone, take this mad spirit on his shoulders to feel less solitude, to talk and to find a friend that protect her from sun and rain. So Kuzunoha is alone, yes, but also happy to find a friend...his Kasaobake, an Umbrella that can be painted in every way you want  :poke:

THANK YOU GUYS!!! ::P:

• Like 5