Marineal

The 'Mere is a Cruel Mistress

I do love that cape. And the eyes on both minis. You definitely pimped the pewter. ::D:

I always worry about offering criticism, but as you welcomed it, I'll offer my thoughts? I think your colors look good overall. I can only comment on two things:

• The angle of the arm holding the flowers looks unnatural. I skimmed through your WIP post, I think it said that you bent the arm into position? Cutting it off and reattaching might give a more natural feel to it.
  • I'm having difficulty seeing highlights and shadows on the crown/tiara/whatever. It might just be the photos or lighting though.

I very much like it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

I do love that cape. And the eyes on both minis. You definitely pimped the pewter. ::D:

I always worry about offering criticism, but as you welcomed it, I'll offer my thoughts? I think your colors look good overall. I can only comment on two things:

• The angle of the arm holding the flowers looks unnatural. I skimmed through your WIP post, I think it said that you bent the arm into position? Cutting it off and reattaching might give a more natural feel to it.
  • I'm having difficulty seeing highlights and shadows on the crown/tiara/whatever. It might just be the photos or lighting though.

I very much like it.

Thanks so much! 

I wondered if the arm would still look unnatural. I think the problem is at the shoulder, and not the elbow, so I'm not sure how I would reattach it? Totally open to suggestions on that. 

And you are 100% correct, I haven't finished her tiara! I got caught up in the 'done'. Lol. I will have to fine-toothed comb it once I can see it with new eyes. 

Thanks again! I really do welcome all comments, be they complementary or critical! 

• Like 7

Oh wow, I'm so glad you showed us this, it looks great ::D: Love the cape and the way the tail looks through the resin.

Edited by Sibling
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marineal said:

Thanks so much! 

I wondered if the arm would still look unnatural. I think the problem is at the shoulder, and not the elbow, so I'm not sure how I would reattach it? Totally open to suggestions on that. 

And you are 100% correct, I haven't finished her tiara! I got caught up in the 'done'. Lol. I will have to fine-toothed comb it once I can see it with new eyes. 

Thanks again! I really do welcome all comments, be they complementary or critical! 

I think it's a wonderful piece!

Great idea.

About that arm, it depends, to me it looks like he's offering the flowers and then when she gets closer he pulls away a bit, maybe he's trying to lure her closer?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This came out great; I completely understand the apprehension you had before the pour and I'm glad to see that it all worked out. 

As to the outstretched arm with the flowers I think it works if one thing is added. If a sheathed dagger were attached to his waist with the hilt pointed toward his left hand it would give credence to the idea that he is trying to lure her closer. Of course that would also greatly change the theme of the piece but might be worth thinking about.

As is I think it looks great and it was fun watching your progress with this project. You certainly gave me quite a few new ideas and things to try on my next project.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It is a LOVELY & IMAGINATIVE narrative creation. I doubt I would have the courage to pour resin over a piece I had labored on as long as you did your BEAUTIFUL mermaid. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awesome piece!  Only thing missing is more pictures of the underwater areas!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Citrine said:

Awesome piece!  Only thing missing is more pictures of the underwater areas!

Thanks! 

I'll get some more today! 

• Like 2