The 'Mere is a Cruel Mistress

Marineal

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this! What a great use of poured-resin water. The narrative aspect of it is probably my favorite element; there's real tension and ambiguity here and I want to know what happens.

The only thing I'm not 100% keen on are the two reeds sticking up behind the dock. I see why they're there; they do balance the composition and give a pleasing downward line toward the figure in the water, but...maybe not quite enough? Or too much? They are working, but for me, just barely.

Love the whole freshwater pool feel, too. Did you tint the resin at all, or is it just picking up the colors of all the vegetation? Great job!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Patrik Strom said:

Impressive! Is there a WIP for this? I'd love to see the process.

Yes! The more detailed WIP is on my blog @ www.pimpmypewter.com, and there's a WIP here titled Reapercon swamp (I think... Lol). 

13 hours ago, bluecrowlaura said:

I love this! What a great use of poured-resin water. The narrative aspect of it is probably my favorite element; there's real tension and ambiguity here and I want to know what happens.

The only thing I'm not 100% keen on are the two reeds sticking up behind the dock. I see why they're there; they do balance the composition and give a pleasing downward line toward the figure in the water, but...maybe not quite enough? Or too much? They are working, but for me, just barely.

Love the whole freshwater pool feel, too. Did you tint the resin at all, or is it just picking up the colors of all the vegetation? Great job!

Thanks so much! Somehow I missed your comment earlier, sorry about that! I didn't tint the resin; my results were just too inconsistent to depend on. I definitely am not married to the reeds in the back. I am toying with the idea of trimming them, because I don't think I like them all being a uniform height. Maybe I'll trim them one at a time? :-)

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Marineal said:

Thanks again, y'all! I really enjoyed doing it. Now I'm looking around the house to see what else can be used to make resin. Lol. 

Ice cube molds are pretty cool... Just saying! 

Silicone baking molds?

Like for muffins, cakes etc...they come in various shapes.

• Like 2

Gorgeous, gorgeous work! That marsh vegetation is spot-on; her eyes are beautiful yet predatory; the light catches her snake-body just right; that adventurer is looking perfectly apprehensive. 

I'm excited for your other resin projects!

• Thanks 1