Pingo

Tropicana juice lids -- no, the OTHER Tropicana juice lids -- seem to make good spaceport portals

SIR!

These runes translate to an expiration date and that date is long past.

The portal might be unstable!

Better send the newbie through first!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

We live in a World filled with all manner of interesting things that we KNOW we can make something cool out of AND which most folks just throw away.

That does have Steam Punk potential as well SciFi. I'm a V8 Guy, but some orange juice might be a nice change.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joshuaslater
      This rulebook looks like it would scratch the sci fi campaign itch for some fellow forumites.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346620204/zone-raiders-a-miniatures-campaign-skirmish-game?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=zone raiders
    • By Vega
      Can't seem to find these guys.  It says they're from Bones 3.

• By Pingo
      Hasslefree has some fun sci fi characters, including quite a few space dwarves. This is HG405, Pilot Hayden. I'm not entirely sure, but I think she might be a tribute to Starbuck on the "Battlestar Galactica" remake. She has a cigar and a complex gun. It's the first time I've painted a gun where I'm reasonably happy at how the shiny look turned out.

• By Pingo
      https://locusmag.com/2018/05/gardner-dozois-1947-2018/

Gardner Dozois, science fiction legend, has died unexpectedly at the age of 70.

His last review column was posted yesterday:
      https://locusmag.com/2018/05/gardner-dozois-reviews-short-fiction-10/

The Hugo and Nebula Award-winning author collaborated with George Alec Effinger, George R. R. Martin, Daniel Abraham, and Michael Swanwick, among others. He was editor of "Asimov's Science Fiction" for twenty years and had compiled and edited the Year's Best Science Fiction anthologies since they were created in 1984.

He was one of PingosHusband's teachers, which makes this personal.
    • By Pingo
      These are from the old Grenadier set #1502 Robo Hunters from the Future Warriors range, sculpted by Mark Copplestone, a vision of the future from the 1980s.

I wanted to paint up some PoC figures. The Grace Jones lookalike was an obvious choice, as was the glowering dude in dreadlocks. The teenager fits too. There's also a guy with some ludicrous hair but I didn't paint him this time.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 213 Guests (See full list)