Sign in to follow this  
bluecrowlaura

44002 Rock Troll

He is a HANDSOME Dude though. You did a WONDERFUL job bringing him to life. I love your choice of colors. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

I like the skin tone as well. It is stealthy and would be very hard to spot if hiding in a corner of a cave. The dark sapphire stones also look natural, like uncut raw stones.

• Like 2

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the comments. He was a bit of work to prep but a lot of fun to paint. I wanted to try the base that came with it,  since it's definitely a tabletop figure, but I might do a bit more with it eventually; it seems a little plain. 

• Like 2

Wow, that's nice! 

Did you have any trouble with his stance? A lot of the ones I've seen so far he's leaning  way forward, like h'e about to topple over in a bar after heavy drinking.  Yours looks just right,  did you fight it?

1 hour ago, Fencig said:

Wow, that's nice! 

Did you have any trouble with his stance? A lot of the ones I've seen so far he's leaning  way forward, like h'e about to topple over in a bar after heavy drinking.  Yours looks just right,  did you fight it?

I added a little putty into the slot footprints before gluing him in; I covered the telltales with rubble. If you look really closely in person, you can sort of see the gaps. 

If I had to do it again, I think I'd ditch the base it comes with, Dremel off the tab bottoms on the feet, and base him a little more upright.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      I painted an eyebeast for the D&D Painting class I was teaching One of the techniques we were working on was blending so I wanted to make sure that I chose colors that the techniques would show well hence the bright green and pink. The class was fun and everyone's eyebeasts turned out great!

• By Tolex Cat
      For a recent D&D session, the DM said he needed skellies so I knocked these out in about 90 mins.

I did go back after the session and fixed a little highlighting but all in all I was pretty happy with how they turned out for a quick paint up. Since bones absorb colors from the minerals around them, I wanted to go less bleached and more unhallowed, greasy, dirty look. So I stuck to the darker bone colors and used the sepia wash. I must have a thing for owlbears since I enjoy painting them and really loved the skeleton. 
    • By nervisfr
      hey guys,

Started from that big guy (a LOTR figurine) ;

With a Grenadier 28mm for comparison scale 

then after a  surgical action ;

Cheers
      Eric
    • By Scott W
      My first time posting to this forum, please let me know if I misstep :p

Reaper Bones Black: 44002 Rock Troll

I added a more rocky base using rock and some plastic crystals carved from leftover plastic sprue. Also added some more crystals to his elbows and side. The elbows were just because I thought it would make it look more menacing but the one on his side was because of a huge hole leftover from the moulding process. To take care of assembly lines I used some of the rock I cracked apart for the base.

I still have the belt and pouch to do, along with the base and some smoothing if blends in his muscles. 

Feedback and CC most welcome!!! 

• By peepster1976
      My Crystal Troll finally (almost) done. Really happy with the result. As a final touch i'm gonna try som resin water pool on the forward corner of the base. The was specially swaed off for this porpuse.
      Anyway hope U like
      GRtzz

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 140 Guests (See full list)