Sign in to follow this  
Asuranshadow

Shadows of Brimstone Adventures

Next Shadows of Brimstone campaign is live, with early bird option only on the all in pledge.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-brimstone-adventures

Spanish conquistadors and Norse vikings are the two sets this time,  and it's a short campaign. Still requires assembly from sprues for the minis.

Flying Frog is usually very late to deliver, but did ship at least wave 1 of their last kickstarter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olaf the Stout said:

Can you get the original game via the Kickstarter as an add-on? I couldn’t see it as an option, but there was a lot going on.

In the last Kickstarter they let you add them on, so they may open that up, not sure though. It may also be something you can get via pledge manager. And if you really want to jump in, AFAIK, all 3 core sets are available at retail currently.

I am tentatively in for the Conquistador (lion) pledge. Cause... Conquistadors... And they have female conquistadors... but $80 seems a bit high for what you get. Will see though.

Oh and undead conquistadors... I could make a conquistador themed necromancer...

@Glitterwolf They have serpent men too. This looks perfect for your lost world project.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 3

I really like how they are using a bit unorthodox-but-well-known themed explorers, and revisiting the same offworlds as the two base games is a stroke of genius; expanding the playability of those offworlds by the possibility of combining sets, whichever set of heroes you choose to play. Also giving several of the antagonists missile weapons this time around also changes the strategies needed and avoids making the sets samey.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smokestack said:

I am tentatively in for the Conquistador (lion) pledge. Cause... Conquistadors... And they have female conquistadors... but $80 seems a bit high for what you get. Will see though.

Oh and undead conquistadors... I could make a conquistador themed necromancer...

@Glitterwolf They have serpent men too. This looks perfect for your lost world project.

Thanks for the heads up!

I think I have enough lizards for now and I also have an entire army of conquistadores waiting for paint.

I would love to get my hands on the female conquistadore and the undead ones though.

Overall it would mean I would have to buy the whole set just for those and that's a bit too much.

If any of these end up for sale separately I will go for that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I would love to get my hands on the female conquistadore and the undead ones though.

Overall it would mean I would have to buy the whole set just for those and that's a bit too much.

If any of these end up for sale separately I will go for that.

It sounds like they may have them available at some point on their website (from the comments). They have offered some of the past heroes on occasion it seems.

There are currently 5 female conquistadores, as they have alternate gender minis for each of the characters. So 5 male and 5 female currently.

A duelist, a soldier, a captain, a cursed and an explorer.

• Thanks 1

Delivery of the original SoB Kickstarter project was... problematic. They took way too long to deliver on this. They did eventually come through, but it was quite disorderly. There were extra shipping charges to get your goods in a wave 1 and 2 approach, or wait almost two years after the first ship date, to get your whole pledge in one go. I'm not a fan of their kickstarter projects anymore.

I do like the game though. I may pick up the conquistadors when it gets to market.

• Like 1

They did a little better comparatively on ks2, forbidden fortress: 11 months late for US delivery of wave 1. But the shipping was still exorbitant in comparison to other ks. And any of the commercial add ons seem worth waiting for retail, since there is not a pledge manager discount off retail pricing, AND they charge major shipping.

If you like their models, and can deal with the assembly, they have delivered twice. I will caution this ks seems more rushed, though; only renders and a whole lot if concept art, compared to painted resin pictures in ks2.

The assembly time puts me off for this, as the quality of models is lower than cmon still though better than ks1 starter sets. Why should I spend all the extra time cleaning sprue connection points for a less detailed model?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Asuranshadow said:

The assembly time puts me off for this, as the quality of models is lower than cmon still though better than ks1 starter sets. Why should I spend all the extra time cleaning sprue connection points for a less detailed model?

Hmmm. That may make me reconsider. On one hand $80 wont kill me, but on the other I could use that somewhere else... Still, conquistadores...

I used $80 for Gloomhaven this morning, myself. :lol:

You can use the conquistadors to fill out your Ghost Archipelago warbands, I guess? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ced1106 said:

I used $80 for Gloomhaven this morning, myself. :lol:

You can use the conquistadors to fill out your Ghost Archipelago warbands, I guess? 

Yeah, I have uses lined up for conquistadores. I will have to do the Assassin's Creed pledge manager soon when that opens. That one has minis for the same RPG campaign I want to use conquistadores for, and fulfils around the same time as this in 2020. 

As far as Shadows of Brimstone... I am not interested (for the most part) in the Vikings or the Tran... spacey guys... but the Warlord pledge is getting a lot of stuff... I may cave and do the full warlord, but I don't like having to buy stuff I don't want to get the stretch goals I do want. I hope they offer some or all of the stretch goals as add-ons.