Sign in to follow this  
Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye Hobbies: February's 3D Printed Terrain

Here is some more of my recently painted 3D printed terrain.

Shattered Tomb Entrance, design by EC3D:

20190227_224604.thumb.jpg.760231cfc6ed52fecaed6926b67cfea4.jpg20190227_224548.thumb.jpg.bb7c3055f2965dc7ad93a6cd7c5ce1e6.jpg20190227_224731.thumb.jpg.de89b9efb34782d93b38a074437e54aa.jpg

Rock Pools, by Duncan Shadow

20190227_222714.thumb.jpg.95254c59c8e2ab802070e55571fbe9e1.jpg20190227_222729.thumb.jpg.007a076bd5761ca2dfd7dd12ee9d01cf.jpg

Scatterblocks: Dwarven Fountain, designed by dutchmogul

20190227_224745.thumb.jpg.41dc0e999f150fe23ae7366805c4bde3.jpg

Ironhelm Bastion Ruins, designed by Printable Scenery

20190227_222701.thumb.jpg.e6d9cd2f8c7ccbea4cbcf9b31dac28cc.jpg

• Like 17

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deadlyprintstudio/battlefx-fantasy-3d-printable-spells-magic-props-and-more?ref=user_menu

After the success of our first Kickstarter, we are now opening phase 2, which focuses on fantasy games. This time, we bring a fun and fresh way to level up any dungeon as well as table top miniatures. We have designed more than 60 magical effects, traps, tokens and condition rings to customize your work of art.
      Every player is different, and now, providing an army, hero, or dungeon with a unique look is possible. Creativity is limitless! This new market is allowing us to create and offer highly detailed effects for people to print right after they purchase one of our packs. And we are eager to see what people do with them. We are confident that any hobby enthusiast will find many uses for these effects, just like we did.
      We’d like to thank you all for taking a little time to see what we have created and sharing your thoughts.
        A new series of 3D printable effects for your Wargame Miniatures and Dungeon sets!
      Highlights:
      Marvelous designs and outstanding special effects quality Beautiful sculpting based on actual dynamic simulations.  Ideal for wargames such as D&D, Warhammer, Pathfinder, LOTR or any kind of diorama. Unbelievable price relative to the quality. A limited collection for limitless printing. ***Included in the Arcane Edition Bundle*** 
       Visual representation is our main goal on this Kickstarter. Spells like "Create food and water" can now be 3D printed and represented on your tabletop games. Fire balls, dancing lights and way more to come!
      King's Fest, Bull's Strenght, Celerity, Eletrified Area, Dancing Lights or Slippery Floor are some of the tokens we painted! FDM or resin, both will look amazing on your dungeon.  Traps are part of the arsenal of D&D masters and dungeons. We give them a personal touch using FX and lights. Perfect to decorate and display on deadly dungeons and battlefields!
       We have created an easy and visual way to represent your buffs, magics ,props and equipment without modifying your miniatures. You can add buffs like Bull's strength, magic shields and more.
      We added 4 anchors to the bases and a lot of generic spells and buffs that work with tons of games. All of them already tested in filament and resin printers. 
      We'll provide a wide range of different inner diameter, and more different types in the Stretch goals! Painted samples of a Spellbase with Bubble Shield, Bull's Streght and a combination of a few spells We wanted to represent debuff and condition so you can place it on your miniature easily. Not only a card/token close to the mini, which creates confusion sometimes.
      With that in mind, we have created a collection of rings: bleeding, confusion, sleeping and poisioned.
       We love minis, for that reason we have created miniatures for our campaing, to show a few examples of the use of our spells. (Human wizard included in the initial bundle)
      They are going to be the big stretch goal of our campaign! If you like our designs, stay tunned to our social media!
      Our elder wizard and two of our Stretch goals Characters!  It's hard to decide which effect or prop we want for your wizard!. So we have designed a wide variety of props and spells ready to be used on your collection of minis and BattleFx Fantasy minis. 
      Hobbypalooza studio made an amazing paintjob with our Wizard!  We've prepared them to be easy to magnetize. It's the best way to visualize how your characters evolve or change their equipment.
      We have designed our miniature hands, spells and props with 2x1 mm magnets holes.  Most of our FX are perfect for tons of games, not only dungeon crawlers. The collection we present is more focused on wargames.
      Painted samples. Fire Arrow (FDM - Ender 3), Fire Ball (FDM - Ender 3) and Gunpowder Weapon FX (Resin - Elegoo Mars)  Firewalls, perfect for the deadliest wizard or to populate your battlefield. Dangerous terrain with vines or spider webs! We did a collection of magic walls, with 1 and 2 tile size.
      All 3D printed in FDM and painted by us! A bit of color make them pup! Wizard with hat, Fire Ring, Square 20 and 25mm Spellbase Permanent Storm Spell ( two parts) and Big Tornado Spell Key Spellbase, Frozen Ring , Fire Arrow Model 2 Doctor Strange's Shield ( two types) and Doctor Strange's Hands Saw Trap and Spellbase Scroll  The Project is organized into 7 sets grouped from smaller sets to bigger sets. All of them have the Arcane edition bundle included. Limited set are marked as such, with special rewards (CustomFx) that you can check below. 
      "Bullet shells and spells" pledge, include our first kickstarter (BattleFx), with all the stretch goals and custom FX, you can check the content here.
      We want to thank the community allowing them to create their own effects. People tell us what they have in mind and we make it real. That simple. Everybody has imagined a personal customization for its mini, dungeon or tabletop game. We would like to offer them the opportunity to create that dream or specific effect for a lower price than on request.
      These effects are divided into three categories: S, M and L. (small, medium and large, but not only means size, also complexity).
      "S" Size Samples "M" Size Samples "L" Size Samples  The S category includes small effects of little complexity. The M category includes either a small and complex effect or a medium one of little complexity. And the L category includes large simple effects or small and medium effects of high complexity.  
      Our effects are generic but totally adaptable. Still, if people have an idea, they can carry it out, we will design it for them. All Custom will be realeased for EVERYONE! So, If you think the 3D printing community need that idea, here is the perfect ocasion!
       We learned a lot of our previous Kickstarter, so now we have a more solid website and a bigger team. We want everything to be delivered perfectly. Check all the stages below:
      Please note that while we’ll do our best to meet these dates, they are an estimation. Read the Risks and Challenges section below for more information about this matter.

• By Inarah
      Here's a rundown on how I make quick, cheap trees for tabletop games.  For well under $10 you can have 3 clumps of good looking terrain using commonly available materials. 

What you need:

- glue, white and cyanocrylic (Super Glue)
      - 50mm round bases
      - sand, gravel, or kitty litter
      - craft paints
      - craft brushes
      - wire cutters
      - flock
      - plastic flowers from a hobby craft store, commonly called "stems" or a "bush" if there is  clump of them. Look for something more or less tree like, with branches.  This example is covered with clumps of foam.  They come in various colors depending on the time of year. 

Step one consists of separating each stem of flowers from the clump, discarding the leaves.  Leave the "flower" part attached to the wire stems.   Use wire cutters to trim stems to about 4" long. 

Coil each wire tightly so that it fits on your 50mm base.  Bend and shape each stem so that you can fit 2 or 3 stems on each base.  

Use Super Glue to attach firmly. 

Step two: sand and paint.  The sand helps cover up the wires, and adds a little weight for stability.  It looks best if you paint the base and wires, then glue down sand or gravel (let it dry) and paint a 2nd time.  This gives you good coverage on the base, and on the sand.  

Step three: flock and details.  I already added gravel to make large stones, but you can add more if you want a rocky look.  It sticks best if you glue to the sand before adding flock.

Cover the base with white glue and then apply flocking of your choice. 

Now you can add finer details like grass tufts, flowers, leaves, or colored flock.

I added orange flock to enhance the autumn theme.  My final step was to give the bright grey rocks a little brown wash to make them look more natural. 

• By BLZeebub
      I was cleaning up behind my barn and found this half-buried in the dirt.  Was just on the way to throwing it out when I just couldn't.  So I washed most of the dirt off, and cut a base from scrap plywood I had, and away I go!  I actually have a semi-solid plan.  I want to knock this one out fast, first of all, so maybe it'll get done this year (ideally before spring or even March, but I know how things go).  I want it to evoke a few things without quite indicating any of them.  The Tyrell building from Blade Runner is a big one.  The magitek factory from Final Fantasy VI is another.  But I also want to maintain that primitive temple look--like a Mayan or Aztek pyramid--which the shape itself lends to.  I also want it to appear as though it's either been abandoned or nearly so, and nature has started to retake it.  So lots of pipes and vines and gears (see my initial bits pile) and maybe a surprise if I can keep motivated...  Let me know what you think!

Ha, also noticed my little Narshe cottage in the background--it's nearly complete as far as building.  That'll be for another topic though!

• By Standifer
      Since I’m getting close to finishing my trike and mechs I want to try to get some.....bigger projects finished that have been languishing in the U.F.O. (Unfinished Objects) Status for some time now. Here are the ones I’ll be focusing on.
      The bridge. With a 28mm figure for comparison. 

Now fo the other more ambitious pieces. 
      This is going to be a modular fortress. So far I have only two pieces based. Once again more 28mm figures for scale.

And my most ambitious project. It will only be used on a 6x6 area most likely. 

Multiple paths allow access to the top of the mountain. And the top can be removed allowing for battles inside of the mountain.

Thanks for looking!

• By lexomatic
      I got this fake bonsai at a dollar store for a couple of dollars. Pulled it out of the small vase with rock and styrofoam, trimmed the trunk that was below "ground" and then stuck it on a yogurt lid.
      I put paper towel down for some texture and modgepodged it with brown and various greens. I still intend to flock it a bit. I may also stick it on a cd (hence the waiting to flock). But for now it's playable. I never took process pics. Oops. Maybe more to come.
      MSP bottle for rough scale (about 3"high by 6" span).

• Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)