Sign in to follow this  
SisterMaryNapalm

Let's present ... A Girl In A Dying World

Beautiful! Wonderful blade and the smooth blending on her shirt is really nice. My favorite part is how the base echoes her hair - it makes it such a nice composition to top it off!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Iridil said:

Beautiful! Wonderful blade and the smooth blending on her shirt is really nice. My favorite part is how the base echoes her hair - it makes it such a nice composition to top it off!

Thank you - to be honest - I never thought of that ... I just wanted to have some late autumn leaves and some snow ... but ... wow! You're right!

Thanks for pointing that out!

• Like 3

After all the W.I.P. angst, she is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based...see, you didn't lose your touch. VERY WELL DONE!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 4

You fought hard and well adn doing so created a beautiful piece!

She looks great!

And I love the story!

The hint about our "ancient" civilization is very cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cicciopiu said:

Nice! love the NMM :wub:

Thank you. I was pretty surprised myself.

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You fought hard and well adn doing so created a beautiful piece!

She looks great!

And I love the story!

The hint about our "ancient" civilization is very cool.

Thank you. We will see how it turns out in the end

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Wololo!

Haven't posted this little project here until now, because I was too lazy to translate it and on top of that not sure if it was too much skin or not enough,
      so I first had to browse through other pieces of KDM work to check if it was okay.

Found the exact same picture of one of my references, so I thought: Okay - I can try to translate it now.

After my surprisingly effective try to paint skin on this fellow (check ->here<-) I thought: Why not try and replicate the result on another figure. So I browsed through my pile of shame and found a KDM miniature with barely any clothes on her. So I thought: What perfect way to train smooth transitions.

So after wiping off the dust and priming her ...

I started working on the base layers and first shadows.

After I had applied some more shadows and highlights, I noticed I had defined the thin red line between the muscles of her thigh a bit too strong ...

And in the process of painting her feet, I somehow lost her toes - Oh, my god!

So while I was working on the other parts of her body and slowly building up the paint, I tried to work on her right thigh and on her right foot and get back the definition of the toes.

So after a full day of recovery operations, I finally had a look at my corrections and was surprised ...

In the end I had undone all my previous work and recreated the wrong transition ...

But I found the toes! Yay!

The outlining was a bit too strong, so I had to correct that as well ...

But I managed to make her skin surprisingly smooth.

In the end, I had to repaint the whole muscle section I worked on for a long time.

But now she's got beautiful buns and thighs

buns and thighs

Time for me to map out the other body parts ... making progress. Wonderful!

And while I am fighting her skin, Rhini took a reference book for NMM (In German, I used this to joke about metal painting rhinos - but unfortunately this only work in German)

But ... to be honest. I have no idea how I have to paint her dagger. I really don't know. I've got to think about it. I've painted NMM only once - it was okay, but not enough to make me feel safe doing it.

Well ... we will see.

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      Yes! We can do it again! Let's make a tank! Let's make a beautiful tank!

Once again, it's a diorama project based on a game scene, once again, it's Combat Mission.

In this particular diorama, the commander of a Panzer III M is a reallylucky  person. In a shootout during the Let's Play of German wargaming channel "TaktikfuchsTV", his Panzer III got hit around 20-25 times, prompting everyone to believe that this particular tank was dead. And I mean ... DEAD!

But to everyone's surprise, the crew reentered the vehicle and drove away - going like:

Here's the scene:

Kauder reenters his tank (In German)

So I got me a commanders figure and a tank ...

First off, some pictures to see what this project will look like:

So I got me a Panzer III from Tamiya and started to do some minor conversions ... and over the course of one afternoon, this vehicle was finished.

I am really proud of those selfmade smoke launchers.

The vehicle will be displayed with open hatches. That's a challenge due to the really lame interior, but that's not a problem. I'll use colors to make the less detailed parts dark and the detailed parts white - I hope that will work!

Tomorrow I'll go over the armor and do the shell damages. The only thing I am not certain about is the frontal armor provided by the spare tracks.
      I don't know how those look when they are hit. They are pretty massive and I simply cannot imagine them looking the same way as a normal armor plate when hit.

I've got to dig deeper into it.
    • By ChanSeal
      “OMG, I found a Nokia and it still works!”

So, I’ve been in a painting funk for a while.
      Then a friend suggested we try out Zona Alfa, which AIUI is a post apoc skirmish game set in Eastern Europe.
      It only needs 4-10 minis to start off, so I decided to get off my arse and  paint up a Warband.
      “Karolina’s Angels” will probably have 4-6 members.
      The first member is Luce (AKA HFA121 “Widow” from Hasslefree)
      Hopefully I will have enough drive to paint the rest.
      Thanks for looking.

• By SisterMaryNapalm
      So, after quite some time, it's time to present some minis again. This time it's a group of Forge Worlds Death Korps of Krieg soldiers.

Those are a few prototype miniatures for a friends Imperial Guard army. If he likes the paintjob, we'll do them all in this pattern.

Oh, yeah - and just in case anyone goes "nice" or "awesome" or "excellent" again - HE'S WATCHING YOU.

If you really don't have got anything else to say, leave me a "like" instead. I take a "like" as a nod to my participation in this forum. A "nice" is getting me nowhere.

So long.
    • By SisterMaryNapalm
      And here we go again. I never get tired trying out new stuff and doing multiple projects at the same time.

The idea for this one approached me when I watched a Let's Play series by German Let's Player "DerHobbygeneral", who playes complex strategy games on PC.

That certain series was a mission in the strategy game "Combat Mission: Red Thunder", a game set on the Eastern Front of WWII. The mission is the recreation of the tank battle between German and Russian forces in the opening hours of Operation Bagration, the Soviet 1944 summer offensive that managed to crush the German Central Army and push the Germans back to the borders of East Prussia.

Combat Mission itself is a really complex game, simulating not only realistic projectile trajectories, armor and penetration calculation, but also randomly generating names for unit leaders and therefore emotionally connecting the player to his - or her - units.

One of these commanders was Unterfeldwebel Austermann, commandeering a Kpfw V Panther A, and throughout the game one of the main factors in stopping the Soviet tank assault at Studienka. The player and all commentators remarked on his excellent performance in the game and he became something like a meme. There were even suggestions of making a compilation of his best actions as some kind of memorial service in case he bit the dust.

And actually, a few episodes later, the Panther got hit a couple of times and was rendered inoperable. A shell even penetrated the front armor. While the battle for Studienka was raging, everyone focused on the question if Austermann and his crew would survive. And they did! What a remarkable turn in events! But I felt bad for the Panther, which was left behind.

Here's the scene - it's in German, unfortunately.

https://youtu.be/EJfQAVfhEoc?list=PLa3dxHLq2CvZBNhkqqaTX7jvSe7iOUjTj&t=752

Then it struck me that maybe Austerman felt bad, too, and when I saw a certain figure on a miniature shop website, I KNEW I was going to make a diorama about it. So I bought a couple of figures and a cheap old Panther A kit and ... now I am on a new project again - YAY!

I haven't decided which crew I take. I like both sets, but I guess I will go with the Dragon set. The other set can be used for a different project. But I guess, I will see once the overall layout is set.

Let's go!
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)