RP Challenge: Nighthaunts, 77372 Burrowing Horror and 77541 Carrion Worm

Kuroneko

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those reddish browns on the Shrouds look amazing! Really diggin' the textural contrast between the smooth blends of the rusty browns and the worn ancient looking swords, chain mail, helms and bridles. That row of burned grass along the front of the first one's base is a great touch. It isn't often you see tufts used like that. It works beautifully. :winkthumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 3:56 PM, Othikent said:

Great job on these. Nice color choice for the nighthaunt minis! 

Thank you! I was originally going to paint them in the official colour scheme, but my housemate suggested the flame colours so we could use them as either ghosts or demons in Pathfinder :poke:

On 3/1/2019 at 3:38 PM, Iridil said:

Love the skeletal knights - particularily the blending of the red/orange. Like stone palette on the Burrowing Horror, but my favorite is the green carrion worm - really like the spots and the wormy pale underside.

Thank you, I tried to make him as disgusting as possible! I'm going to paint him again in December and see if I can make him even nastier :zombie: maybe even have some goo dripping from his mouth.....

On 3/1/2019 at 7:21 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

Those reddish browns on the Shrouds look amazing! Really diggin' the textural contrast between the smooth blends of the rusty browns and the worn ancient looking swords, chain mail, helms and bridles. That row of burned grass along the front of the first one's base is a great touch. It isn't often you see tufts used like that. It works beautifully. :winkthumbs:

Thanks for all the encouragement! I've been told that I use that black/red/orange/yellow WAAAY too much :lol: You're probably going to get sick of those nighthaunts as I've got a whole army to get through this year!

I'm so glad you realised what I was trying to do with the tufts ^_^ I tend to use them fairly liberally since I was given a static grass applicator for Christmas a couple of years ago. I was spending so much money on tufts that that my housemate decided that I was better off making my own. Bags of flock are fairly cheap and you can make loads from even a small bag of static grass.

A big "Thank you" for all the likes and encouragement! I hope to get a lot more done for the next challenge ::P:

• Like 3