Sign in to follow this  
CashWiley

Cash's 2019 Art

So I'm not dead, but the end of 2018, early 2019 was a bit of a lull. I didn't really do anything except host figure drawing since September of 2018. Getting back into the swing of things, slowly. This year I want to focus on learning more about figure drawing, but that's been a brick wall thus far. I've also begun a color course, this week's studio session was the first assignment, creating value strips and chips. Trains the eye to be more sensitive to values and will be useful reference.

Munsell_valuestrip_bench.jpg

Here's my 2018 post: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79954-cashs-2018-art/

Here are a few selected sketches from figure drawing. Can't share the figurative stuff, since it's nudity :| 

Tom_3.jpg

Brad4.jpg

Brad_1.jpg

Beth3.jpg

• Like 11

Here's a 45 minute pose (same pose as the previous pic above, which was 30 min). Charcoal on newsprint, 18x24.

Beth_5.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks! Just trying to get a little better every week. Thank Odin for figure drawing, it's the only art I've been doing for months now.

• Like 3

At some point I'm going to need to eat your brain to assimilate your powers of drawing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/17/2019 at 12:02 PM, Loim said:

At some point I'm going to need to eat your brain to assimilate your powers of drawing.

There are easier ways. For me, at least :D 

Also, you DO NOT want a lot of the other stuff you'd end up with, from my brain. It's not very nice in the back sections, behind the vault doors.

• Like 3

On 3/22/2019 at 11:16 PM, CashWiley said:

Friday night figure

55 minute pose

Charcoal 18x24

Jose_2.jpg

40 min pose

Charcoal on newsprint 18x24

Jose_1.jpg

That haaaair!!! :wub: Both on the person and how you drew it!!! How did you make the lighter spots?

• Like 4

It's been a while, I forget. Probably a combination of kneaded and hard white erasers.

Here's a page of quick poses from last night:

Brad_7.jpg

And I started a new head drawing course, here's the first homework assignment.

Head_Lucas_1.jpg

• Like 8

So I won another regional award for the first charcoal portrait.

View2019.jpg.c82802957cb62e30bba5ee7c0a56c7b5.jpg

Also got a community award from my city's regional show for this year's charcoal portrait. Was hoping for better, but the judge was a modernist. Such is the nature of things.
2018_Selfie_sm.jpg.e824befd734754625f31a6154d7df180.jpg

And a couple more pieces from my current course:

Head_Lucas_2.jpg.3c7fb2290d5ca504dee1bef7d125e8fa.jpgChristinaB_2.jpg.feeebb18fdeba9072dd4f00b485ebb41.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1