CIRCUS: Dr. VooDoo, Super Villain (50121)

Rigel

Putting some of the magic into the Magic Circus! This sculpt (50121) is listed as a supervillain, but so over-the-top are the stereotypes and tropes that I would feel uncomfortable fielding him as an antagonistic bokor using the Petra or Rada for evil. Weirdly, though, I feel no such compunctions about using him as a purposely exaggerated showman fleecing corn-fed rubes out of their dimes with a flashy act. Prohibition-era yokels would eat that right up (and of course, there's probably a side racket going on involving rum. For ceremonial purposes only, of course.) 

And tabletop games being what they are, who's to say some Friends on the Other Side won't come a-calling uninvited when the player characters show up? 
DSCN5678.thumb.JPG.4759fa536d71cc659625c7aa4b144dfb.JPGDSCN5674.thumb.JPG.d9311128249e83ac1f9e6507f948f803.JPGDSCN5676.thumb.JPG.98939ca2ff43bcce52cb0c3317eb00d2.JPGDSCN5677.thumb.JPG.9bd5878bc9add68451cd446e7c5693a6.JPG

• Like 15

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Warlady said:

Great job, especially his voodoo face paint!

Thank you; he has a very round, smooth face, so putting a skull on there wasn't the easiest. 

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

He looks great and his pet panther is a cool gimmick for the show ( unless it eats a visitor of course)..

Thanks! I think the panther is on loan from the Beast-Tamer, and acts as insurance in case one of the audience members tries to look too closely at a special effect.

13 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nice job. I like the body paint.  I'll bet the special effects in his show look super real. :) 

Unfortunately my PCs are so paranoid now they'd go in with loaded guns and holy water. 

Thank you! Your players are wise and genre-savvy! They might be better off with bribes of tobacco, hooch, and spicy food against the Loa though; respect and diplomacy go a long way. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Iridil said:

Another great setting I see - wonderful figure and great scenery as usual!

Thank you! I've been waiting for an excuse to use some of those borders and design elements. Very happy about the sign on this one. 

• Like 1