Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Pulp Figures Trans-Siberian Renegades, Olga and Boris

From Bob Murch's Pulp Heroes and Personalities come a pair of fur-hatted, long-coated, jack-booted operatives as cold as the Novosibirsk winter. Both are from the set "Count Casimir's Trans-Siberian Renegades," and indeed the lady in blue looks like a White Russian noble in exile. (I don't know whether falconry is counterrevolutionary and bourgeois, but it seems like it might be?) A refined and educated type, with an icy-cruel streak.
She does not look impressed at what the Soviets and a couple of World Wars have done with the place. 

DSCN5531.thumb.JPG.2b2406a8c28964c1971fee38838d7cb3.JPG
DSCN5526.thumb.JPG.a01f627d1d4a1dcad2b61cb685657f19.JPGDSCN5527.thumb.JPG.4d51e39a164cbf94a9d6476dee5832cd.JPGDSCN5530.thumb.JPG.817a531001bcdcab59f3dafb4caf7ba4.JPGDSCN5533.thumb.JPG.d80cbf03f8b1063f6fa5d0bd841bb1cd.JPG

The other fella is a perfect Heavy type, the sort to threaten from dark alleys, administer beatings, vanish one into the gulags, or simply deliver a nine-gram pension. As long as a system or hierarchy is brutal and repressive, he's happy to serve it, regardless of ideology. 
Not much for words; if he has a rich inner life, he does his best to conceal it. Reading is dangerous, and thinking doubly so, and expressing your thoughts worst of of all, and they are dangerous because they draw the attention of people like him.
Scarily good at chess, though.

DSCN5556.thumb.JPG.67a40f3daa498dbdc5812ec2d49b64a3.JPGDSCN5554.thumb.JPG.ff7e2a55d5b3824d8d9215930c39a01a.JPGDSCN5557.thumb.JPG.0957047d8e9d8af1017b4aec09fac656.JPGDSCN5560.thumb.JPG.7148b40862022212c27a03985811782c.JPG

• Like 18

The Countess looked at her servant, her loyal spies had sent her a message by falcon revealing the whereabouts of one of those pesky Commies who was responsible for her exile.

Boris understood.

Tonight the streets would be painted red with Communist blood.

Anything for the Countess!

Awesome, cool minis.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The Countess looked at her servant, her loyal spies had sent her a message by falcon revealing the whereabouts of one of those pesky Commies who was responsible for her exile.

Boris understood.

Tonight the streets would be painted red with Communist blood.

Anything for the Countess!

Awesome, cool minis.

Thank you and I love it! 

1 hour ago, Bruunwald said:

Careful where you flick those ashes, buddy...

"Make it look like accident," the Countess had said...

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Those who have been following know my fondness for aeronauts and airship crews. But an airship's gotta have fuel, doesn't it, and so do biplanes and autogyros! And they don't call the aesthetic *solar*punk, now!
      Enter Eureka. They have a line for a retro racing game called "Mad Maximillian" and it includes pit crew with old-style "flimsy" fuel cans. Three styles. And I've got three sets of aeronauts (Zeppelin crew, Sky Pirates, and Flying Circus). Seemed perfect for some speed painting now that the color scheme for each group is established.

Side note: it is *not easy* to find reference pictures of those fuel cans in their pristine condition, so this is just guesswork on my part.
      Side note 2: the ground is GreenStuffWorld's "Mesh" roller on dollar-store foamboard. 

First, our Zeppelin crewman! Labels are done in very fine-tipped pen.

Next, the dashing (in both senses) crewman from the Flying Circus! An excuse to play with the GW Gore-Grunta Fur and Snakebite Leather contrasts.

And finally, our Sky Pirate. Glad to include an Asian crewmember to the faction. I think she needs a layer of darker wash, though. This can got a bit of rust.

• By Rigel
      Eureka has a two-pack of figures in their Pax Limpopo line called "Hench and Coach," and they are the most corpulent double-chinned British spherical bastards imaginable; Dickensian caricatures after the style of Nast or Tenniel. I had to have them. Didn't bother affixing the coachwhips. They are about halfling-sized in 32mm scale, and walrus-like giants in 15mm scale. You should be able to hear a bassoon-and-tuba soundtrack when looking at them. 

I'd also painted up some minis from Artizan's "Thrilling Tales" line: Miss Greentree, Private Campbell, and Tankie Bob. Each of them is full of personality. Greentree I painted as an Agent Carter-type. Campbell was where I found tartan is not my forte. Could have come out worse. Bob is a scruffy fanatic and I love the sculpt. I figured Ungentlemanly Warfare was a good setting for the three of them.

More pictures below.

• By Darsc Zacal
      Kickstarter is now Live and I’ve updated the thread title to the name of the kickstarter.
      Heres the link:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313980061/pulp-figures-dangerous-dames-28mm-miniatures?ref=9p7oe7&token=186495ca

I don’t know what the actual name of the kickstarter will be, but I was at a local wargaming convention earlier today that longtime miniature sculpter Bob Murch attended and had his sales booth set up at.

I happened to overhear him mention to another customer that he was planning a “quick and dirty” kickstarter for next month (May) for 5 or 6 sets of female characters for across his Pulp Figures ranges.

Figured I better post a thread here in case there are any other Murch fans.
      Plus it serves as a reminder to keep an eye and ear out for the project.
    • By Rigel
      Look at that title. Are you made of stone? You want to see exactly that thing, and brother, sister or other, THAT IS WHAT WE GOT HERE.

Painted mostly with GW contrast, reaper sample green, and some craft-store metallics. My favorite detail: the comparatively dainty holster for a big ol'  drum-fed gun.

Here's the  big fella with the rest of General Jombi's Guerilla Troops (also from Eureka, posted elsewhere):

And because I already had the camera out, here's All the Apes I Got.
    • By planetmut
      It took me ages to choose a colour scheme for the Valkeeri Leader. I eventually decided on Army Painter Shining Silver to go with the whole pulp scifi theme, and VGC Warlock Purple because why not. I was worried the silver bits of her uniform would look like armour instead of metallic cloth but I think it's turned out OK. For once I managed to get her eyes to a decent standard and her hair came out looking good too. Her gun is VMC Brass, toned down with VGC Sepia Wash and Liquitex matte varnish. Her lips are a tiny dab of VMC Brown Rose.

I forgot about her cape until I was finished with her, so it got a few thin coats of Warlock Purple and then began the fun and games of gluing it to the figure. Four attempts later I got it in what I hope is the right position and touched up the purple.

• Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 89 Guests (See full list)