Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Behir (77492)

OUTSTANDING! The Beasty is BEAUTIFULLY painted & based in an imaginative array of colors. That is one of The Best pieces I have seen you do. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great job!

Thanks, Glitterwolf!

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

I like the mix of the pale blue with the tarnished brass look of his back

Thanks, Iridil!  I didn’t realize I was doing a “tarnished brass” look when I started out; just highlighted with the greenish-yellow Folk Art Color Shift paint.  But now that you mentioned it, it really does look like that... and I like it! ::):  Happy accidents.

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

OUTSTANDING! The Beasty is BEAUTIFULLY painted & based in an imaginative array of colors. That is one of The Best pieces I have seen you do. VERY WELL DONE!

Wow, makefactus; thank you!  I have to say, I’m really happy with it; and I think I was helped along by it being a really amazing dynamic sculpt.

1 hour ago, Rigel said:

Really good eyes and jaw membranes! 

Thank you, Rigel!  I think I’m getting a good handle on painting reptile eyes, and I’ve found a coat of gloss varnish over eyes really makes them pop.   I used really stark highlights on the membranes and I think that helped them to pop as well.  I also think that using a yellow color for the eyes, and pink for the membranes really make them stand out against the blue and green body.

• Like 4

I saw this one on your blog, great job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DanH said:

I saw this one on your blog, great job!

Thank you, DanH!  

And thank you for reading the blog! ::):

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account