Manufacturer Awards for the Reaper Con 2019 Painting Competition

Heisler

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, buckyball said:

DGS is Freeblades right? I am pretty sure that they were in the dealers area last year.

Buckyball 

Yup! That's them, and why I asked.  Glad to hear they've been contacted, hope they have time and ability to jump in.

2 hours ago, OvantheWise said:

as someone who has never entered a painting competition or gone to reapercon, is there a forum for how to attend and enter the competition?

Er, you're there really. The pinned topics in this subsection would be a good place to start. But, as for how to attend and enter, it's going to sound a bit like I'm talking down to you, but... you purchase your tickets, get a hotel room unless you're local, then simply show up with the figure. There will be specific instructions on how the entries will be handled and accepted, and very clearly a location to get the entry in. They'll get your name, the title of your figure, the manufacturer if you know it, then which category you want it entered into. They'll take a picture of it, then give it back to you to place into the competition gallery. After the end of judging and awards, you come with your entry proof and collect your figure. And that's really about it.

I could also simplify things even more by saying to simply attend, then ask. It's really a very friendly con.

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Er, you're there really. The pinned topics in this subsection would be a good place to start. But, as for how to attend and enter, it's going to sound a bit like I'm talking down to you, but... you purchase your tickets, get a hotel room unless you're local, then simply show up with the figure. There will be specific instructions on how the entries will be handled and accepted, and very clearly a location to get the entry in. They'll get your name, the title of your figure, the manufacturer if you know it, then which category you want it entered into. They'll take a picture of it, then give it back to you to place into the competition gallery. After the end of judging and awards, you come with your entry proof and collect your figure. And that's really about it.

I could also simplify things even more by saying to simply attend, then ask. It's really a very friendly con.

I attended last year for the first time and will +1 @Pegazus's advice.  Read a bit here in this folder, but the first and most important step is ... show up! :)

Another category to enter in and the first post has been updated.

Paint It Pink

One in nine women will get this terrible disease in their lifetime. This has become close to home in our community this past year as one of our own is still fighting. 

Can you create a piece of art that depicts one of the many facets of breast cancer? From awareness, support, education, hope, research, treatment, survivorship – breast cancer has touched almost everyone in some way. 

Help us raise awareness through minis! Entering this contest simply says you care. A donation of any size is requested to enter. All donations will go to support breast cancer awareness and will be made in the name of the winner.  We will have a donation container at the miniature registration table.

Oh, and a trophy... there will be trophies for the top 3.

Also expect to see something for Scale 75 coming in as well.

• Like 2